Windows 10: Error Opening Sound Device in Audacity

Discus and support Error Opening Sound Device in Audacity in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have been using audacity for quite some time and recently after updating windows in april, I was no longer able to record using my behringer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by remccolgan, May 31, 2018.

1. Error Opening Sound Device in Audacity

Hello, I have been using audacity for quite some time and recently after updating windows in april, I was no longer able to record using my behringer interface. Anyone else having any soundcard/ daw issues after latest update?

Thanks!!

:)

remccolgan, May 31, 2018
  2. Avrantinis New Member

Tried everything without any success. Settings, uninstall, re-install, drivers update etc, etc.
    Problem was my privacy settings.
    Solution: Windows Settings>Privacy>App permissions-Microphone>Allow access to the microphone on this device>ON and then Allow apps to access your microphone>ON
    (even if you don't need to record from Mic in)
    Error Opening Sound Device in Audacity :)

Avrantinis, Jun 2, 2018
Thema:

Error Opening Sound Device in Audacity

1. Error Opening Sound Device in Audacity - Similar Threads - Error Opening Sound

2. shortcut to open 'manage sound devices' in settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcut to open 'manage sound devices' in settings?: Just trying to easily mute and unmute the microphone that is built into the laptop. I couldnt find the any ms-settings: that corresponds to the 'manage devices' page in settings....
  3. shortcut to open 'manage sound devices' in settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shortcut to open 'manage sound devices' in settings?: Just trying to easily mute and unmute the microphone that is built into the laptop. I couldnt find the any ms-settings: that corresponds to the 'manage devices' page in settings....
  4. setting up microphone in Audacity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up microphone in Audacity: im trying to make a recording in Audacity but the program just doesn't recognise my microphone. I have been into the computer settings both systems and privacy and all the correct buttons seem to be pressed I should say I'm using windows 10 but Audacity just doesn't pick them...
  5. Fix Audacity Internal PortAudio error on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Audacity Internal PortAudio error on Windows PC: [ATTACH]While running Audacity on Windows PC, some users have reported coming across Audacity Internal PortAudio error. The issue can be resolved by following some simple fixes. The error message says- Error Initializing Audio Could not find any audio devices. You will not be...
  6. Fix Audacity Error while opening sound device on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Audacity Error while opening sound device on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Audacity is a popular and free-to-use digital audio editor and recording application. But while using it on Windows PC, users have reported coming across an error while opening sound devices on Windows 11/10 PC. The message pops up while recording or playing audio on...
  7. Help with Audacity 'Spyware'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with Audacity 'Spyware': Windows 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1081) Audacity 3.0.2 Audacity 'Spyware' Claims Follow Privacy Policy Changes By New Owner Audacity 'Spyware' Claims Follow Privacy Policy Changes By New Owner - MacRumors How can block the spyware, (Firewall, Registry... everywhere where I can...
  8. Audacity . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audacity . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro. I'm trying to install, Audacity. But, it's very confusing! I can't find it. After installation? I looked in, x86 program files? I've looked, everywhere.? I even looked. In the Control Panel. To see, if it was listed....
  9. Alternatives to Audacity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternatives to Audacity: ​​Any good free audio editors that will work with Windows 10? I basically just need a decent sound recorder. Thanks​ 19114
  10. Ashampoo and Audacity not finding a sound card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ashampoo and Audacity not finding a sound card: Hi, after upgrading from Win 8.1, sound was fine thru laptop speakers/headphones except (so far) for Ashampoo programs and the latest Audacity, which reported they could find no sound card. Programs like VLC, Winamp, Zoom player, convertors from Aiseesoft, Imtoo, Aimersoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audacity error code 0 success

2. audacity error code 9996

3. audacity error code 9999

4. audacity error 9996,
  5. audacity error 9999,
  6. audacity error code 9997,
  7. audacity error opening recording device error code 0 success,
  8. error code 9996 audacity,
  9. audionic error code 0 success,
  10. error opening recording device audacity 0 success,
  11. error opening recording device audacity,