Windows 10: Error opening the audio device?

Discus and support Error opening the audio device? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I keep having the problem that my PC does not recognize either the audio output or the audio input. I don't know how to describe this problem, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by N4nPl4y5, Jun 29, 2020.

1. N4nPl4y5 Win User

Error opening the audio device?

Hi, I keep having the problem that my PC does not recognize either the audio output or the audio input. I don't know how to describe this problem, so I have a video for you right at the beginning:

(I hope you understand the dialect, this was for a friend who unfortunately couldn't help me.

Problem:

My microphone is connected to my interface, which is connected to the PC via USB. It doesn't matter if I connect the headphones/speakers to the interface or the PC, in both cases my microphone doesn't work. When I use the RealTekAudio input, the recording is done, but the audio track is empty.

When I select the input of the interface, any programs spit out an error message saying that the audio device could not be opened.

It can't be:

-Hardware defect of the microphone/interface/headphones, because I can still hear myself when I speak.

-outdated drivers, according to Taskmanager and DriverEasy all drivers are up-to-date

-Virus, Spyhunter5 and Avast do not find viruses

-Hardware defect Mainboard, CPU, RAM. These components have been replaced recently, the problems existed before and still exist.

-USB port, I've tried them all, none of them change.

The Windows troubleshooter can either not identify the error or it says "The audio device was not used as the default device, fixed".

Does anyone have any tips on how I can solve this problem? I've had this before, but changing the ports and a reboot helped

Thanks in advance.

:)

N4nPl4y5, Jun 29, 2020

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 29, 2020
  4. hr0201 Win User

"audio renderer error. please restart your computer" error youtube

And another thing to try:
    Update your audio drivers (strange that this would be necessary as there hadn't been any changes for me; but it usually is a good idea to have the latest drivers anyway).
    Note: We did have a PC whose audio stopped working and a BIOS update solved it. This definitely wasn't the root of the problem for that computer because it was working like normal before and there were no apparent changes (and the user didn't have administrative access). I'd recommend this as a last step. I've never had a problem with a BIOS update but prefer to do it only if there is a useful fix (and of course better to back up before).

Here's another solution that someone posted:
    Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.
    I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked
    note: make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled
    < I don't know if this is necessary but that's what the poster suggested. - >

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    << I would think just updating the driver would probably work, but if not (for instance if it's up-to-date) then you could try the following steps as well. - >>
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

hr0201, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Error opening the audio device? - Similar Threads - Error opening audio

2. Error No Audio Devices Installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error No Audio Devices Installed: Please I tried to watch a 1080 ImAX 10 bit video on my New HP ProBook 450 using Windows 10 and it shows that it is lagging not typical of a 6th generation core it but at the end when I restarted the system it showed me no audio devices installed.I tried installing manually...
  3. Error No Audio Devices Installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error No Audio Devices Installed: Please I tried to watch a 1080 ImAX 10 bit video on my New HP ProBook 450 using Windows 10 and it shows that it is lagging not typical of a 6th generation core it but at the end when I restarted the system it showed me no audio devices installed.I tried installing manually...
  4. Error No Audio Devices Installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Audio dies when opening any app that utilizes audio devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio dies when opening any app that utilizes audio devices: Last night I was playing Valorant and mid-game the game stutters terribly and all audio cuts out. Since then my pc only transmits audio when sitting with no apps open with the exception of a youtube video. Opening Discord, Streamlabs, Steelseries Sonar, any game at all. Audio...
  6. Audio dies when opening any app that utilizes audio devices

Audio dies when opening any app that utilizes audio devices: Last night I was playing Valorant and mid-game the game stutters terribly and all audio cuts out. Since then my pc only transmits audio when sitting with no apps open with the exception of a youtube video. Opening Discord, Streamlabs, Steelseries Sonar, any game at all. Audio...
  7. No Audio Output Device is installed Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio Output Device is installed Error: Hi Everyone, Few days back i had resolved the above error by installing the latest Realtek audio driver. the issue is back again, i re-installed the driver and from sound control panel there are no devices being shown in the system.: the laptop is lenovo t460s, please...
  8. Windows 10 - USB Audio Device - An Error Openning the AUdio Input Device has occurred?

Windows 10 - USB Audio Device - An Error Openning the AUdio Input Device has occurred?: The joys of the additional feature for App specific settings I think. I have an Amateur Radio (Kenwood TS590SG) with USB Audio interface built in. It provided audio to my windows 10 laptop and took audio playback to facilitate digital Ham radio communications. That is it...
  9. my audio device is howing error as no audio output device is installed

my audio device is howing error as no audio output device is installed: what can I do last 2 days my new laptop HP i5 8th generation is showing error in the speaker icon and no audio or video has sounds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-device-is-howing-error-as-no-audio-output/424c5a35-d177-4c5d-86d3-eaf581c2c2da
  10. Error Opening Sound Device in Audacity

Error Opening Sound Device in Audacity: Hello, I have been using audacity for quite some time and recently after updating windows in april, I was no longer able to record using my behringer interface. Anyone else having any soundcard/ daw issues after latest update? Thanks!! 111353