Windows 10: Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files

Discus and support Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm having an issue playing some wav files. These files play fine in VLC Media Player but not in Windows Media Player, and Soundpad freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DanielAskew, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files

Hi there, I'm having an issue playing some wav files. These files play fine in VLC Media Player but not in Windows Media Player, and Soundpad freezes indefinitely when trying to play them until I force it to close. If I may confess a sin, it is likely due to the codec I am using. I wrote a Batch script to download files from a certain popular video hosting site. This downloads them into .webm and then uses ffmpeg to convert them to something else. This custom code is as follows: "ffmpeg -i %webm% -c:a flac -vn %output%"'-vn;' means it removes the video, and '-c:a flac' means it decodes from wh

:)

DanielAskew, Nov 29, 2023

2. Cast to Device in Windows for .flac files

In the file explorer you can cast music to a dlna device. This works for wma, wav and all other native Windows audio files. Unfortunately this doesn't work for .flac files although Windows should support flac now in Windows 10.

When I start with a wma file and casts this to my dlna reciever, it works. When I manually add .flac files to the play list, the flac files are streamed also to the dlna server. So some how Windows does support flac, but didn't implement this in the user
    interface.

Please, is there someone that can fix and complement this for me in Windows 10?

Edwin de Kuiper, Nov 29, 2023
  3. No Sound Playing A .wav File

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I would like to know the details below to assist you better.

• Is the issue specific to .wav file?

• Do you any error message/code?

• Have you tried playing it via Groove music app?
    Get back to us with more information about the issue to assist you better

Sudheendra S, Nov 29, 2023
  4. omne---01 Win User

Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files

Lossless audio: FLAC, WAV

I'm asking this question for my 5310 XpressMusic, but it might be general question for most of phones.

Does anybody knows how can we play FLAC files? what about
    WAV?

Is there any player or codec which we could use?

Does new X series support these formats?

I've read , and searched forums but didn't find anything useful...

omne---01, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files

1. Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files - Similar Threads - Error Playing Specific

2. why won't .wav files play

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why won't .wav files play: why won't .wav files play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-wav-files-play/f9f876e7-8656-4fb8-8c76-c67868e7b627
  3. Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files: Hi there, I'm having an issue playing some wav files. These files play fine in VLC Media Player but not in Windows Media Player, and Soundpad freezes indefinitely when trying to play them until I force it to close. If I may confess a sin, it is likely due to the codec I am...
  4. Error in playing .wav files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error in playing .wav files: I have been having an error in attempting to play .wav files on the Windows Media Player. To my knowledge, I have carried out no updates, changed no drivers, and changed no codecs recently. However, out of nowhere, I received the following error message. "Windows Media Player...
  5. Error in playing .wav files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error in playing .wav files: I have been having an error in attempting to play .wav files on the Windows Media Player. To my knowledge, I have carried out no updates, changed no drivers, and changed no codecs recently. However, out of nowhere, I received the following error message. "Windows Media Player...
  6. Error in playing .wav files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can't play WAV files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't play WAV files: One program I use frequently can no longer play WAV sounds. In troubleshooting this I notice that Groove Music and Windows Media Player can't play WAV files either. VLC can play WAV thought. Other programs that play music, Spotify, YouTube etc work fine. Changing volume...
  8. Cannot Play WAV files

Cannot Play WAV files: I am running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, installed on a Dell XPS 8930 computer, OS build 18362.900. Attached is a Western Digital external hard drive, where many, if not most, of my mp4 and wav files are located. However, for whatever reason, I cannot play any of them....
  9. play WAV file with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    play WAV file with Windows 10: Ive tried Windows Media Player, Groovie and VLC. All of them give me errors when I try to play an audio .wav file. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-wav-file-with-windows-10/3dfe3b5d-82cf-4b80-8d00-ec3916db05d6
  10. .wav file not playing

.wav file not playing: I have a disk with some .wav files that will not play on any app on this computer. I have tried the default app (Groove music) and Windows Media Player. When using Groove I get the following error code: 0xc00d5212. When using WMP it just says it "encountered a problem when...