Windows 10: Error "Power Surge on USB Port" unknown device

Discus and support Error "Power Surge on USB Port" unknown device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have been getting this problem since the last update. All I have connected to the usb ports are keyboard, printer and WD mybook. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by colin higton, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Error "Power Surge on USB Port" unknown device

Hello!

I have been getting this problem since the last update.

All I have connected to the usb ports are keyboard, printer and WD mybook.

The printer an Epson Stylus Photo PX700w, the WD Mybook 500gb, both have their own power supplies.

I have recently upgraded my motherboard, CPU and memory, but I had a similar problem with the old motherboard etc.

Any ideas?

:)

colin higton, Nov 27, 2018

2. Power Surge on the USB port

I plugged in my printer one time the other day and now I get this pop up all the time. It says Power Surge on the USB port unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply. I don't know what to do to get rid of it. I don't have my printer
    hooked up. When I put a usb in for my mouse in one slot my mouse will not work. It will work in a different one, but the message still pops up. What do I need to do to get rid of it.

TammyLaton, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Power surge on the USB port - but I don't have any device plugged

Power Surge on the USB port

Unknown device needs more power than the port can supply.

Notification still flashing even after I unplugged all device from USB port. All USB devices are removed including Keyboard and mouse.

Usually I plugged in speaker, keyboard, mouse and controller the same time. Never had this problem before.

All devices seems to work fine when plugged in but the notification becomes very annoying.

What's happening here?

BunginGeraman, Nov 27, 2018
  4. SerionPK Win User

Error "Power Surge on USB Port" unknown device

Power Surge on the USB port - "Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply"

I need help, every-time i connect my headphones it says (Power Surge on the USB port - "Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply".) I really have no idea why my PC is acting like this. It was working fine for the past 2-3 months, i
    haven't messed with the PC settings so i really dont know why this happend. However my mouse and keyboard work fine. Its just the headphones.I dont think its the headphones problem as it was working fine and it looks in great condition. Please do reply as
    soon as possible if you do have the fix. Thank you.

SerionPK, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Error "Power Surge on USB Port" unknown device

1. Error "Power Surge on USB Port" unknown device - Similar Threads - Error Power Surge

2. Power surge on the USB port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power surge on the USB port: Hello I'm getting this ErrorPower surge on the USB port – Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply.A USB device has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of its hub port. You should disconnect the device.I tried:-troubleshoot-to delete Universal...
  3. "Power Surge on USB Port" Error

"Power Surge on USB Port" Error: I've been using my same Xbox One controller for years now, but tonight I tried using it with a USB extender and now I am getting the "Power Surge on USB Port" error when I plug the controller in. I do not get this error when plugging other devices into the USB, so I know the...
  4. power surge on the usb port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    power surge on the usb port: for the past few days ive noticed that my legion 5 is always dead when i want to turn it on. i noticed when i plugged in power and turn on my laptop, i always received a notification saying power surge on the usb port. i only have my logitech g304 plugged in so i unplug and...
  5. Power surge on USB port

Power surge on USB port: power surge on usb port unknown usb device needs more power, i tried every solution, tried to reinstall the drivers, 5 mins ago replaced the keyboard and mouse and i'm still getting it, not sure why, maybe i need to update bios or something, i tried literally everything, it...
  6. Power surge on USB port

Power surge on USB port: Power surge on USB port keeps flashing, Unknown usb device using more power than port can supply. Tried reboot, nothing has been plugged in but AC cord. Once unplugged this happens....
  7. Power surge on the USB port

Power surge on the USB port: Hi I'm having a repeatedly flashing warning 'Power surge on the USB port' with the detail 'Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply'. I've tried reinstalling USB drivers and restarted many times. I also found some instructions online to go into the boot...
  8. Power Surge on the USB port.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power Surge on the USB port.: Help, when I plug in a USB on my laptop, the power surge thong pops up every time. I tried all of the videos suggestions and I’m out of ideas. Could someone help me. submitted by /u/kylerc734 [link] [comments]...
  9. Power surge on the USB port

Power surge on the USB port: Hi All, I just upgraded my computer case to a full tower. The Phanteks Enthoo Pro Series PH-ES614P_BK. Since I did that when I cold boot my computer I get the error pop on the screen: " Power surge on the USB port Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can...
  10. Power Surge on the USB port

Power Surge on the USB port: I plugged in my printer one time the other day and now I get this pop up all the time. It says Power Surge on the USB port unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply. I don't know what to do to get rid of it. I don't have my printer hooked up. When I put...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power surge on usb port needs more power than it can supply

2. power surge on usb port unkown usb device needs more power than the port can supply

3. windows 10 usb power surge error