Windows 10: Error preparing automatic recovery

Discus and support Error preparing automatic recovery in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was doing some work on Google Docs when I took a break for dinner. When I came back, I powered it back on and it said ‘preparing automatic recovery’.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by emmatea, Dec 7, 2020.

1. emmatea Win User

Error preparing automatic recovery

I was doing some work on Google Docs when I took a break for dinner. When I came back, I powered it back on and it said ‘preparing automatic recovery’.

The error code is 0xc0000185 and a file used to show up where it was broken, but it doesn’t show up anymore.

Please help! I don’t know how to fix this.

[Original Title: pc recovery?]

:)

emmatea, Dec 7, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 7, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Error preparing automatic recovery :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Dec 7, 2020
  4. Error preparing automatic recovery

preparing automatic repair

Hi Sanjay,

Preparing automatic repair appears when something goes wrong with your PC and the system attempts to resolve it by itself. Upon checking the Community, we have found a related thread which includes a suggestion that can resolve your issue.
    You can refer to this
    link
    and check out the response of Sudharshan M K, one of our forum moderators. From there, you can follow the steps to
    perform start up repair from Windows Recovery Environment.

Get back to us should you need additional assistance.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

Error preparing automatic recovery

1. Error preparing automatic recovery - Similar Threads - Error preparing automatic

2. Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery: Dear all,I have an issue with my Lenovo IdeaPad not booting correctly or not booting at all.When pressing the Power button on the laptop, the screen shows the Lenovo greeting screen for a while, and then a text at the bottom appears with"Preparing Automatic Repairs ". After a...
  3. Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery: Dear all,I have an issue with my Lenovo IdeaPad not booting correctly or not booting at all.When pressing the Power button on the laptop, the screen shows the Lenovo greeting screen for a while, and then a text at the bottom appears with"Preparing Automatic Repairs ". After a...
  4. hp preparing automatic repair to blue recovery screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp preparing automatic repair to blue recovery screen: After cutting of sometime during the night, when I started it this morning it stayed on the HP screen for awhile then the automatic repair popped up on the bottom. Then it eventually turned into Blue "Recovery" screen then shutdown a few mins after. Won't let me press F8 on...
  5. hp preparing automatic repair to blue recovery screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp preparing automatic repair to blue recovery screen: After cutting of sometime during the night, when I started it this morning it stayed on the HP screen for awhile then the automatic repair popped up on the bottom. Then it eventually turned into Blue "Recovery" screen then shutdown a few mins after. Won't let me press F8 on...
  6. hp preparing automatic repair to blue recovery screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing automatic repair: My compute is going theough something known as "boot loop" I've tried my best to try and fix it using YouTube but nothing has worked so far. It keeps going to a blue screen and automatically restarting and this keeps happening. When on the blue scree it "says your device ran...
  8. Preparing automatic repairs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing automatic repairs: After an update, i turned on my laptop and was met with “prepairing automatic repairs”. This is then met by the dreaded blue screen saying that the laptop will restart. Ive done the force shutdown 3x thing but still everytime i turn it on it gets stuck on “preparing automatic...
  9. Preparing automatic repairs

Preparing automatic repairs: on my windows 10 pc the Dell sing would come up as under it say preparing automatic repairs but it would freeze and it wouldn't unfreeze how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preparing-automatic-repairs/b2895956-c6c6-43e4-875c-98b7db0e2367
  10. "Preparing Automatic Repair" Error

"Preparing Automatic Repair" Error: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series, and after closing the laptop the night before, the next morning I was greeted with a screen that said “Preparing Automatic Repair”, then it went to a black screen, then it said “Choose and option”, so I chose troubleshoot. I went into...