Windows 10: ERROR PRINTING IN WINDOWS 10 WITH IP FOR DHCP BUT WORKING WITH STATIC IP

Discus and support ERROR PRINTING IN WINDOWS 10 WITH IP FOR DHCP BUT WORKING WITH STATIC IP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I have a laptop with windows 10 and this laptop can not print with a printer in the same subnet Printer ip address: 192.168.10.25 laptop ip:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FJCZ, Mar 19, 2019.

1. FJCZ Win User

ERROR PRINTING IN WINDOWS 10 WITH IP FOR DHCP BUT WORKING WITH STATIC IP

Hello I have a laptop with windows 10 and this laptop can not print with a printer in the same subnet

Printer ip address: 192.168.10.25

laptop ip: 192.168.10.32 for dhcp

The laptop have connectivity to the printer but i can not print (Just show error in printing). If i put another ip address in the laptop statically i can print with out any problem.

The problem is not the ip address because we changed the dhcp server so the laptop captured another one ip address and that works until we restart the laptop and the problem repit again with the new ip address.

If the laptop captured any ip address by dhcp it never print but if the laptop take any ip address different of the learnt by dhcp the printing is working fine.

Note: We already check the print spooler service and is running. The printing is working with another laptop with windows 10 by dhcp with out any problem. The problem is just with one laptop.

Laptop with problem windows 10 version 1809

Laptop without the problem windows 10 version 1803.

Both laptop have antivirus and we also uninstall the antivirus and the problem continue.

Regards

:)

2. Static IP on Lumia 950.

Hi,

Follow the steps below and check if the features to apply static IP is available in your device.

• Navigate to settings.
    • Search or navigate to “Wi-Fi”.
    • Scroll all the way down and tap “static ip”.
    • Turn on “Configure network settings manually”.
    • Key in the IP address, subnet mask and other details

Note: Do remember that your router / DHCP should support allocating static IP for this feature to work.

If the above feature is not available then your model may not support the same.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Static IP With Windows 10 and HP Zbook

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not connecting to a router. I'm hard wired to a modem device that does not have DHCP so I need a static ip to set my IP address to the correct subnet. It works on another machine doing the exact same steps.

In my question I already checked ipconfig and it shows the correct ip/netmask on the dell machine that works and the HP that does not.

NateElmore, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Entegy Win User

Windows phone-static IP

The phone cannot be given a static IP. Making a DHCP reservation on your router/DHCP server means that the router will never give that IP to any other device but the phone. So it's almost a static IP, it's just done server side instead of on the device.

Entegy, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

1. ERROR PRINTING IN WINDOWS 10 WITH IP FOR DHCP BUT WORKING WITH STATIC IP - Similar Threads - ERROR PRINTING DHCP

2. A question about DHCP and static IP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about DHCP and static IP: Hello,In a local network that computers get IP addresses from a DHCP server, if someone set a static IP on his\her network adapter, then is it possible for the DHCP server to give the IP address that this user manually set on his network card to another computer?Thank you....
  3. A question about DHCP and static IP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A question about DHCP and static IP: Hello,In a local network that computers get IP addresses from a DHCP server, if someone set a static IP on his\her network adapter, then is it possible for the DHCP server to give the IP address that this user manually set on his network card to another computer?Thank you....
  4. A question about DHCP and static IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP: The setup I'm using requires a static IP.From time to time, haven't figured out any pattern, Windows 10 changes it back to DHCP. Sometimes the "new" settings menu shows DHCP, while the old style Control Panel > Network still shows the values I've set to.Any ideas what can be...
  6. Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP: The setup I'm using requires a static IP.From time to time, haven't figured out any pattern, Windows 10 changes it back to DHCP. Sometimes the "new" settings menu shows DHCP, while the old style Control Panel > Network still shows the values I've set to.Any ideas what can be...
  7. Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP

8. Static ip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  9. IP Connect to Static IP

IP Connect to Static IP: I have an A-V device with a static IP address. With my XP-Pro laptop, I can connect fine, but with my new laptop running WIN10Pro, I can't seem to find the right combination of settings to"see" the device. The static IP allows control of the A-V device's app., with the app....
  10. Static IP adress vs DHCP

Static IP adress vs DHCP: Hi I've just updated a W7 machine to W10. The update has take all the settings from W7 and the machine was operating without problem before the update. When running W7 the machine had a static IP address of 192.168.1.1 and all of the other machines could access the...