Windows 10: "error - printing" print status in print queue.

Discus and support "error - printing" print status in print queue. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I am posting this post here because at this stage I am not sure if it is a printer issue or windows system issues but I am tending to think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HDC35, Jul 27, 2019.

1. HDC35 Win User

"error - printing" print status in print queue.

Hi there,

I am posting this post here because at this stage I am not sure if it is a printer issue or windows system issues but I am tending to think it is the later so he it goes.

I am running windows 10 on a dell optiplex 5050 with a HP officejet 6970 all-in-one printer over a network connection. All computers are running on the most up-to-date windows updates, but this problem had occurred before the most recent updates so I am not sure if it is a previous update that may have caused the problem.

The problem is that one computer in the office can not print to the printer but the rest of the computers can. With this particular computer I can scan fine just not print. On printing a document a alert appears on the bottom right corner of the screen "Can not print on HP Officejet 6970" and on the print queue under print status is "error - printing". Not on the most recent reinstall of the printer driver/software but before there was also "driver is unavailable" message under the printer in printer and scanner section of windows settings. Now when trying to print from this particular computer it shows the "Default, Error"

I feel at this stage I have went through every possible troubleshoot in the book, short of a full OS reset. I do not want to have to do this as this computer also acts as the server computer for the 3rd party software used on all computers within the business and to reset the computer would most likely result in having to close for half a day at the very least.

The troubleshoots I have tried are as follows:

1. went through all the following troubleshoot is this HP article selecting the option print job stuck in queue error:

http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?g...=ccweb&sfs=mcste&language=english&lc=en&cc=us

2. Run on safe mode

3. Run in administrator profile.

4. Checked that Microsoft account is verified (seen this in another troubleshoot but not sure how this would have stopped printing).

Any information or advice on what to do next would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for taking the time to help.

:)

HDC35, Jul 27, 2019

2. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Jul 27, 2019
  3. ellary Win User
    Print jobs stuck in print quese

My wife recently changed from Chrome to Firefox on her laptop. Afterward the system would hang whenever she tried to print something. I looked and it seems that jobs get stuck in the print queue after printing. There was a test page and another job. I was able to cancel the other job but the test page won't cancel. Restarting the print spool service resulted in the test page printing but remaining in the queue in printing status.

What should me next steps be?

ellary, Jul 27, 2019
  4. "error - printing" print status in print queue.

Error - Printing on Network printer

There is. Unfortunately the status doesnt showing anything. But I didnt know about this page. I tried printing a document from this page and it gave me a bit more of an error. Print service not responding.

Hybrid_theory, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

"error - printing" print status in print queue.

1. "error - printing" print status in print queue. - Similar Threads - error printing print

2. Print Queue - view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Queue - view: Hi, how can I switch to the list view at the Print Queue?I need to review and check several print jobs in the company print queue and current Tiles view in Win 11 is not sufficient.Thank you for advice...
  3. ms-print-queue error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms-print-queue error: ,looks same error from the other users...
  4. ms-print-queue error

ms-print-queue error: ,looks same error from the other users...
  5. Print Queue

Print Queue: I have an old Toshiba laptop that has a document stuck in the printer queue. I cannot print/delete/cancel it and it deters any other document from printing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/8977885d-df91-45b6-bab3-581e2bbea65c
  6. Print Queue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Queue: I have an old Toshiba laptop that has a document stuck in the printer queue. I cannot print/delete/cancel it and it deters any other document from printing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/8977885d-df91-45b6-bab3-581e2bbea65c
  7. Print Queue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. print queue

print queue: printed documents not deleting from queue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/b150abdb-b439-4244-abc1-cfd1ab473bb3
  9. Print Queue Issue

Print Queue Issue: Hello! I am having persistent issues on numerous units where the print jobs will get stuck in the print queue. I am able to fix the error by restarting the spooler everytime, however, this is happening on unattended devices used to print receipts, so I restarting the...
  10. Completed print jobs remain in print queue with the status 'sent to printer'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Completed print jobs remain in print queue with the status 'sent to printer': We have a Windows Server 2012 R@ Datacenter 64-bit and as a part we installed print server services. After a successful print the job remains in the print queue with the status of Sent to Printer. I can manually delete the print job from the queue or stop the print...