Windows 10: Error Question: *Code 43 - Device Descriptor Request Failed

Discus and support Error Question: *Code 43 - Device Descriptor Request Failed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hello! my Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ microphone stopped being recognized by my computer and I cant figure out how to fix it. yesterday, I was using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/the_undertone, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Error Question: *Code 43 - Device Descriptor Request Failed

hello!

my Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ microphone stopped being recognized by my computer and I cant figure out how to fix it. yesterday, I was using the microphone with no problem and then today I got an error message in the device manager claiming it is an "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)".

I have tried everything that I can find on the google to fix this issue but nothing has worked. I know the mic and chord are still good because it works fine in multiple other computers. I have tried to clear my registry of the device, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? It is a great mic that has been working fine for a couple months, up until today!

thanks!

submitted by /u/the_undertone
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/the_undertone, Mar 17, 2020
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 17, 2020
  3. titan5800 Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Error Question: *Code 43 - Device Descriptor Request Failed

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware.

May I please know, How to get rid of this issue?

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

PREMPAUL J, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Error Question: *Code 43 - Device Descriptor Request Failed

1. Error Question: *Code 43 - Device Descriptor Request Failed - Similar Threads - Error Question *Code

2. Keyboard - Windows 11 - Code 43 Failed a USB device descriptor request.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard - Windows 11 - Code 43 Failed a USB device descriptor request.: Hello, I have a logitech k120 keyboard and overnight when connected it displays this message below, I've done all kinds of tutorial and nothing worked. Windows stopped this device because it encountered problems. Code 43 Failed a USB device descriptor request. At some point...
  3. Keyboard - Windows 11 - Code 43 Failed a USB device descriptor request.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard - Windows 11 - Code 43 Failed a USB device descriptor request.: Hello, I have a logitech k120 keyboard and overnight when connected it displays this message below, I've done all kinds of tutorial and nothing worked. Windows stopped this device because it encountered problems. Code 43 Failed a USB device descriptor request. At some point...
  4. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: I have a Wireless Mouse 1000 and Keyboard 800. The keyboard's light won't turn on, the mouse is unresponsive, and the dongle in the device manager says "Device Descriptor Request Failed". Any possible ways to fix this?...
  5. Bluetooth stopped working (Device Descriptor Request Failed) Code 43

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth stopped working (Device Descriptor Request Failed) Code 43: The Bluetooth on my Gigabyte Aero 14 (Windows 10 Home 19042.685) suddenly stopped working. I can't find it anymore in device manager, and in its place there's an entry under "Universal Serial bus controllers" that says "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"....
  6. Bluetooth stopped working (Device Descriptor Request Failed) Code 43

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth stopped working (Device Descriptor Request Failed) Code 43: The Bluetooth on my Gigabyte Aero 14 (Windows 10 Home 19042.685) suddenly stopped working. I can't find it anymore in device manager, and in its place there's an entry under "Universal Serial bus controllers" that says "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"....
  7. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) - Error 43 Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) - Error 43 Problem: I purchased a PC Wireless Gaming Receiver in order to use my Xbox 360 controller for playing Steam games. But initially, what I wanted to do was to mirror my monitor to my tv in the living room so I could play from the comfort of my sofa. No problems with mirroring nor...
  8. Error 43 : Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 43 : Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hey, I'd like to know if you fixed Error 43 : Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed. I'm facing the same issue with my WD Passport and none of the solutions are working. I tried putting it in another PC and the same errors shows up. Did you get it solved? or is...
  9. Unknown USB device(device descriptor request failed Code 43

Unknown USB device(device descriptor request failed Code 43: Hi, I have been unable to resolve the above error, with Hardware trouble shooter, uninstalling USB etc. Windows 10 is fully updated. Please can you assist. Many thanks Rashid...
  10. a request for device descriptor request failed

a request for device descriptor request failed: hello guys in my device manager there is a yellow triangle on a usb device driver saying : a request for device descriptor request failed first i thought maybe 1 of my us ports not working but when i tested all ports are working even card reader but the error is still there i...