Windows 10: error Reference_by_pointer

Discus and support error Reference_by_pointer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear All,I've been having a problem for several months where my Windows 10 Home 64 bit PC reboots for no apparent reason. It almost always happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarizaAlmeida, Jul 21, 2021.

1. error Reference_by_pointer

Dear All,I've been having a problem for several months where my Windows 10 Home 64 bit PC reboots for no apparent reason. It almost always happens about 30-40 minutes for several days, I cannot work the computer.I tried to update the Windows and drivers, but the problem continues. After each reeboot appeared a Blue Screen and an error : reference_by_pointer.I've searched for possible solutions and have tried various things with no success, for example I did an SFC scan which reported no errors, I've checked that Windows Updates are up to date including the driver, , and other things I can't re

:)

MarizaAlmeida, Jul 21, 2021

2. Reference_By_Pointer

So far none of the suggestions work or are irrelevant to Windows 10 (latest updates included).

Though plagued by frequent (+/- every 3 days) blue screen crashes (BSOD) with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and to date none of the suggested fixes able to overcome the problem, I assume that it is insurmountable for Microsoft and will thus just
    have to wait ...

Now and since the latest upgrade/updates were installed, we have begun being hit by BSOD Error REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. None of the attempted solutions here or anywhere else have worked. We have

twice crashed in three hours while working.

This is happening on Dell Inspiron 3537 with 8GB RAM. No new hardware has been added. Is there a solution for this yet or will we have to simply grin and bear it as we have to with the nonpaged area error?

Llewellyn

LlewellynKriel, Jul 21, 2021
  3. auggy Win User
    BSOD Reference_by_pointer 0x00000018 windows 10

Those minidump files were from October so would not likely apply to the current issue.

Have you received more than one of the Reference_by_pointer errors?

auggy, Jul 21, 2021
  4. KieX Win User

error Reference_by_pointer

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

Thema:

error Reference_by_pointer

1. error Reference_by_pointer - Similar Threads - error Reference_by_pointer

2. Error code 43 blue tooth driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 43 blue tooth driver: Error code 43 blue tooth driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-43-blue-tooth-driver/55c3119f-f454-4845-b3ef-b45505a6cd7f
  3. Error code 43 blue tooth driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error code 43 blue tooth driver: Error code 43 blue tooth driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-43-blue-tooth-driver/55c3119f-f454-4845-b3ef-b45505a6cd7f
  4. How to fix BSOD showing this error: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18 on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix BSOD showing this error: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18 on windows 11?: Hi. The model I'm using is HP OMEN Laptop 15-en0xxx. It has AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics.Suddenly I've been getting the BSOD in the title. Here is my minidump file:REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000000, Object type of the object whose reference...
  5. How to fix BSOD showing this error: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18 on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix BSOD showing this error: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18 on windows 11?: Hi. The model I'm using is HP OMEN Laptop 15-en0xxx. It has AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics.Suddenly I've been getting the BSOD in the title. Here is my minidump file:REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000000, Object type of the object whose reference...
  6. Stopcode error - reference_by_pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stopcode error - reference_by_pointer: Hi, I am constantly having the blue screen pop up with "reference_by_pointer" shown as the error. I've taken a dump of files today https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiYXtKl1ldyTrF5aRN1xpeOXyYn7?e=jdcS8J Can anyone please advise the issue and solution based on info in these files? Thanks!...
  7. BSOD error code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

BSOD error code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: About every 30 mins or so, I get the BSOD with the error code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER . My drivers appear to be up to date and it gets very annoying when i am working on something and my computer just restarts itself. I am not sure what is causing it, please help....
  8. BSOD While Playing Phantasy Star Online 2 Reference_By_Pointer ERROR Code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD While Playing Phantasy Star Online 2 Reference_By_Pointer ERROR Code: I keep getting a BSOD with the error code "Reference_By_Pointer" while playing Phantasy Star Online 2, I cannot seem to replicate exactly when it happens; but it only happens when playing the game. I have watched shows and movies for hours on end on my system and it does not...
  9. Blue Screen Error "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER"

Blue Screen Error "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER": About 10 days ago I bought new sticks of ram to replace the one that came with my PC. Ever since installing the ram, I have gotten a blue screen error with stop code "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" multiple times. This happens at random times, whether I'm on the internet or playing a...
  10. REFERENCE_BY_POINTER error on login prevents login

REFERENCE_BY_POINTER error on login prevents login: Hi, I have had this problem for just under a week. I have an HP Spectre x360 (---). When I press the power button the laptop boots to the login screen. When I try to login I get a blue screen saying "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're collecting some...