Windows 10: Error running anything that has to do with gaming

Discus and support Error running anything that has to do with gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey Guys, So when i would run something such as Minecraft, or anything that you game with it would just show up this and then crash my pc [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by manicgamer54, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Error running anything that has to do with gaming

Hey Guys, So when i would run something such as Minecraft, or anything that you game with it would just show up this and then crash my pc

Error running anything that has to do with gaming 1567709e-2f94-41df-8f0c-6bd7cb9fbcbe?upload=true.jpg

:)

manicgamer54, Aug 2, 2020

2. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Error running anything that has to do with gaming

Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Error running anything that has to do with gaming

1. Error running anything that has to do with gaming - Similar Threads - Error running anything

2. Computer BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when running anything alongside a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when running anything alongside a game.: I tend to multitask when playing games meaning I often have a discord call running or I am watching youtube, however for these past few months I have been getting blue screened anytime I have something heavier running. Example: I play Baldur's Gate 3, it works okay for the...
  3. Error running game with DirectX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error running game with DirectX: I'm trying to run "Hastune Miku Project Diva Mega Mix+" and it worked for a short moment before, but when I left the screen froze so I closed it and reopened it. However, now i can't run it at all because this error code appears. "Failed to format DirectX. Format must be...
  4. Error running game with DirectX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error running game with DirectX: I'm trying to run "Hastune Miku Project Diva Mega Mix+" and it worked for a short moment before, but when I left the screen froze so I closed it and reopened it. However, now i can't run it at all because this error code appears. "Failed to format DirectX. Format must be...
  5. Game running errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game running errors: I keep getting a error that says I am using a antivirus and I don’t have one it is blocking my games so it doesn’t work and it cannot create a new character https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-running-errors/38abbb70-940e-4d78-8baa-b95fca78b84c
  6. Game running errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game running errors: I keep getting a error that says I am using a antivirus and I don’t have one it is blocking my games so it doesn’t work and it cannot create a new character https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-running-errors/38abbb70-940e-4d78-8baa-b95fca78b84c
  7. Error when running a game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when running a game: When my daughter tries to run her game it says "The following components are required to run this program" DirectX runtime. What do I need to download or update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-running-a-game/406e5882-e7f8-4647-88dc-8181c2a16755
  8. error running a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error running a game.: so I'm trying to play this game on my pc and an error message appears " DX11 feature 10.0 is required to run this engine" my current pc has windows 10 with DirectX 12. I've seen and read many questions about this on different forums and I just can't seem to get it. Do I have...
  9. error on running a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error on running a game: Games are failed to play with the error “THIS APPLICATION REQUIRES A 3-D ACCELERATION TO RUN" and my hardware acceleration is also enabled . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-running-a-game/dd7d04c2-bd24-4f9d-bbfd-bead0ff45932
  10. Selected games do not run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selected games do not run: I clean installed Windows 10 64-bit Professional two months ago. I could play Hodoku and all Microsoft Games without any problem until a few weeks ago. Clicking on them does not have any effect. Same result when selecting from the "All apps" or "Start" menus. I do not...