Windows 10: Error running executable using mapped drive letter on network drive

Discus and support Error running executable using mapped drive letter on network drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been using VueMinder calendar software for years, but recently started getting an error preventing this software from loading, when using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Coastalguy, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Error running executable using mapped drive letter on network drive

I have been using VueMinder calendar software for years, but recently started getting an error preventing this software from loading, when using the mapped drive letter in the path. It runs fine when using the network path (IP).

Have successfully run the caspol utility, however the error still prevails. Per the software developer, following is the caspol command run at the command line.

%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\caspol -machine -addgroup 1 -url "file:///Y:\folder1\folder2\VueMinder\*" FullTrust

Since it did not fix the problem, the developer advised it was now a Microsoft problem, so I am trying this forum to see if anyone has any ideas. Following is the error I am still getting.

VueMinder 2019.05 (Registered)
    Language: en

The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))
    mscorlib
    at System.Security.Policy.PEFileEvidenceFactory.GetLocationEvidence(SafePEFileHandle peFile, SecurityZone& zone, StringHandleOnStack retUrl)
    at System.Security.Policy.PEFileEvidenceFactory.GenerateLocationEvidence()
    at System.Security.Policy.PEFileEvidenceFactory.GenerateEvidence(Type evidenceType)
    at System.Security.Policy.AssemblyEvidenceFactory.GenerateEvidence(Type evidenceType)
    at System.Security.Policy.Evidence.GenerateHostEvidence(Type type, Boolean hostCanGenerate)
    at System.Security.Policy.Evidence.GetHostEvidenceNoLock(Type type)
    at System.Security.Policy.Evidence.GetHostEvidence(Type type, Boolean markDelayEvaluatedEvidenceUsed)
    at System.Security.Policy.AppDomainEvidenceFactory.GenerateEvidence(Type evidenceType)
    at System.Security.Policy.Evidence.GenerateHostEvidence(Type type, Boolean hostCanGenerate)
    at System.Security.Policy.Evidence.GetHostEvidenceNoLock(Type type)
    at System.Security.Policy.Evidence.RawEvidenceEnumerator.MoveNext()
    at System.Security.Policy.Evidence.EvidenceEnumerator.MoveNext()
    at System.Configuration.ClientConfigPaths.GetEvidenceInfo(AppDomain appDomain, String exePath, String& typeName)
    at System.Configuration.ClientConfigPaths.GetTypeAndHashSuffix(AppDomain appDomain, String exePath)
    at System.Configuration.ClientConfigPaths..ctor(String exePath, Boolean includeUserConfig)
    at System.Configuration.ClientConfigPaths.GetPaths(String exePath, Boolean includeUserConfig)
    at System.Configuration.Internal.ConfigurationManagerInternal.System.Configuration.Internal.IConfigurat ionManagerInternal.get_ExeProductName()
    at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Initializer()
    at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.CreateSetting(PropertyInfo propInfo)
    at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.EnsureInitialized()
    at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Properties()
    at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
    at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
    at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
    at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
    at Infragistics.Win.Printing.UltraPrintDocument.UltraPrintDocumentApplicationSettings.get_BinaryData()
    at Infragistics.Win.Printing.UltraPrintDocument.LoadComponentSettings()
    at Vuesoft.Applications.Vueminder.ControlEventList.InitializeComponent()
    at Vuesoft.Applications.Vueminder.ControlEventList..ctor()
    at Vuesoft.Applications.Vueminder.FormEventListView.InitializeComponent()
    at Vuesoft.Applications.Vueminder.FormEventListView..ctor()
    at Vuesoft.Applications.Vueminder.FormMain..ctor(FormWindowState windowState)

:)

Coastalguy, Aug 8, 2019
  2. kosta Win User

Registration Entry not executable from mapped network drive

Hello,

Hope someone knows a quick fix, this is a weird one.

Win10 (obviously).
    Registry-File on a network share.
    If I execute it without mapped drive (ie directly through the share) - OK.
    If I map the share to a letter, and try to execute:
    Registry Editor
    Cannot import O:\test.reg: Error opening the file. There may be a disk or file system error.

I am a user and a member of the local Administrators group.
    UAC is turned off.

..and: I can execute executable files normally. Some need Admin rights, but not all.

Had previously Win7->Win10 upgrade, now decided to install clean.

Many thanks afront.

BR

kosta, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Cannot add/change drive letter in disk management or map network drive.

I need to connect portable HDD to my PC but the drive is not showed up.(Another PC worked normally) When I try to assign drive letter in drive management.(Volume is appeared in Disk Management as NTFS but no drive assigned) Drive letter list is greyed out except
    "Mount in the following empty NTFS folder" and map network drive also, drive list is empty. So, i don't really know what to do at this
    problem.

Yos Panagorn, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Error running executable using mapped drive letter on network drive

Cannot add/change drive letter in disk management or map network drive.

Hi,

Thanks for the update on the issue. try these methods and check.

Method 1: I would suggest you to change to the following options for
    both the systems (Main PC and Set-top PC) on the network in the
    advanced sharing settings (OpenNetwork & Sharing Center
    > Change Advanced Sharing settings):

- Turn on Network Discovery

- Turn on file and printer sharing

- Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the public folders

- Turn off password protected sharing

Now, try to map the drive following these steps:

• Press Windows key+E key on the keyboard.
    • Click Computer (above) and click on
      Map network drive from the options given under the address bar.
    • In the Drive box, click the drive letter you want to use.
    • In the Folder box, type
      \\server\share, where you can type the IP address of the drive to be mapped. For example, if the IP address is 192.168.6.xxx, you can type
      \\192.168.6.xxx.
    • Click Finish.

Method 2:

Try to ping the IP address from the Run command. Refer to the following steps:

• Press Windows button and
      R key
    • Type in the IP address of the drive to be mapped, e.g., if the IP address is 192.168.6.xxx, you can type
      \\192.168.6.xxx.
    • Click OK.

Check if you are able to open the network drive.

Method 3:

If the methods do not help, try to rename the
    hosts
    file in the drivers and check if you are able to connect to the network drive.

• Click Windows key and File explorer.
    • Go to the location C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
    • Rename the file hosts to
      hosts.old and close the window.
    • Restart your computer.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Error running executable using mapped drive letter on network drive

1. Error running executable using mapped drive letter on network drive - Similar Threads - Error running executable

2. Mapping One Drive to a drive letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping One Drive to a drive letter: I've gone through the procedure for mapping Onedrive to a drive letter. I attempt to map the drive to "https://d.docs.live.net/MyCID" , but get an "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: Access is denied" error. I get the same...
  3. Mapping One Drive to a drive letter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping One Drive to a drive letter: I've gone through the procedure for mapping Onedrive to a drive letter. I attempt to map the drive to "https://d.docs.live.net/MyCID" , but get an "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: Access is denied" error. I get the same...
  4. Mapping Network Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping Network Drives: Both my PC and my Wife's laptop are running Win 11 with no problems.I managed to map the laptop C drive to my PC but when I tried the other way around I accidentally mapped my public drive to her laptop.I have unmapped it; however, when I try to map my C drive to her laptop,...
  5. Mapping a network drive using a local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping a network drive using a local network: Hi. I would like to map my network drive to my desktop from my laptop. I am using a wireless extender how can I map my network drive using my local network?...
  6. Map network drive using cmd

Map network drive using cmd: Hi! The command for folder mapping in cmd is the following: net use Y: \\Hostname\Share and it worked The command for mapping drive D in cmd is the following: net use Y: \\Hostname\D$ and it does not work Do you know why ? 172943
  7. Maintaining Drive Letters & Network Mappings in Windows Explorer

Maintaining Drive Letters & Network Mappings in Windows Explorer: I have a Surface Pro 7 & want to access the SDXC drive & map a network drive in Windows Explorer. I want the SDXC drive to have the letter E instead of the default, which is D, and I want the network drive to use the letter D. I know how to map a network drive, and I know how...
  8. Map a server to a drive letter

Map a server to a drive letter: Hi Guys, One of my clients ( I do a bit of freelancing) wants to map this server---------> The Eye | File Listing to a drive letter. he claims he uses it frequently and finds it much more easier as a drive letter.. I after a lot of researching did not find any solution.......
  9. How to mount cloud storage as drive letters / mapped network drives

How to mount cloud storage as drive letters / mapped network drives: I'd like to mount Google Drive as a mapped network drive. (Then use the drive letter for programs so I can get the size of files/folders in my cloud storage, search for specific file/folders as well as able to search for file dups). I've searched online and found a...
  10. Registration Entry not executable from mapped network drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Registration Entry not executable from mapped network drive: Hello, Hope someone knows a quick fix, this is a weird one. Win10 (obviously). Registry-File on a network share. If I execute it without mapped drive (ie directly through the share) - OK. If I map the share to a letter, and try to execute: Registry Editor Cannot...