Windows 10: Error saving a trimmed portion of a video using Microsoft Photo

Discus and support Error saving a trimmed portion of a video using Microsoft Photo in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to trim a video using Microsoft Photo, I select the prtion I want to sabe using the start and end White dots, butr when I sabe it the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlejandroArregui-Salin, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Error saving a trimmed portion of a video using Microsoft Photo

Hello, I'm trying to trim a video using Microsoft Photo, I select the prtion I want to sabe using the start and end White dots, butr when I sabe it the trimmed video shows 0 KBs as shown below

Can somebody help? Can't figure out what the problem is as the process is pretty staight forward, and don't have many options, only a "Save Copy" button.

Thanks!!

:)

AlejandroArregui-Salin, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Martmcd Win User

trim video

in the photos app, drag the white circle from the left side to trim off the beginning of the video, you should see the video change as you do it.

Drag the white circle from the right side to trim off the ending.

it will not allow you to trim the video to less than 1 second

you can play the video at any time to see what remains after trimming.

when you are happy with the result click save a copy in the top right of the screen or right click anywhere and select save a copy, it will be saved in the original location with trim added to the filename.

Martmcd, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Cannot save trimmed videos using the Photos App

I have a couple videos that I want to trim down in the Photos App; however, every time I attempt to trim the video, Photos would crash. After crashing, a trimmed file of the video would show up, but I cannot view the new clip.

KernelCatsup, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Error saving a trimmed portion of a video using Microsoft Photo

can't trim a video using Photos app

I'm trying to do a quick trim on a .mov file in the Microsoft Windows Photos app. When I have the file open and click the trim icon, I get a blue dot I can use to advance to the point of the video I would like it to end, but when I go to save it, that option
    is grayed out. I see no other options. This leads me to believe there is nothing edited to save. If this is the case, how do I trim the video and then save it?

Tricia

TriciaColeman, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Error saving a trimmed portion of a video using Microsoft Photo

1. Error saving a trimmed portion of a video using Microsoft Photo - Similar Threads - Error saving trimmed

2. Unable to save trimmed video in Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to save trimmed video in Microsoft Photos: I use Movies & TV to play my videos and use the trim feature on their to make them shorter and save them so I can get rid of unnecessary space. The Trim is done through Microsoft Photos and up until a week ago it worked perfectly fine. Now when I trim the video to my liking...
  3. Unable to save trimmed video in Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to save trimmed video in Microsoft Photos: I use Movies & TV to play my videos and use the trim feature on their to make them shorter and save them so I can get rid of unnecessary space. The Trim is done through Microsoft Photos and up until a week ago it worked perfectly fine. Now when I trim the video to my liking...
  4. trimmed videos not saving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trimmed videos not saving: every time i try to trim MP.4 video, the error appears. Got enough space on storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trimmed-videos-not-saving/f7c0eff8-680b-444a-9790-15c829cf7e81
  5. I want to trim a video in Microsoft Photos. I Select the portion to save but the 'save a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to trim a video in Microsoft Photos. I Select the portion to save but the 'save a...: I want to trim a video in Microsoft Photos. I Select the portion to save but the 'save a copy' button is greyed out and does not respond so I cannot save my output. can you help or suggest an alternative simple program that works?...
  6. I want to trim a video in Microsoft Photos. I Select the portion to save but the 'save a...

I want to trim a video in Microsoft Photos. I Select the portion to save but the 'save a...: I want to trim a video in Microsoft Photos. I Select the portion to save but the 'save a copy' button is greyed out and does not respond so I cannot save my output. can you help or suggest an alternative simple program that works?...
  7. Microsoft Photos Fails to Save Trimmed Video

Microsoft Photos Fails to Save Trimmed Video: Hello, I am attempting to use Microsoft Photos to trim some videos. I set the sliders to the portion of video I want, and I click "Save As." The video file name shows up in the folder I selected to save it in, and it starts to show an increasing file size, while the Photos...
  8. Trimming videos using Photos App...

Trimming videos using Photos App...: Re: Trimming videos using the Photos App Any ideas why, when I trim an .mp4 created using Xbox game bar, that the resulting .mp4 is an exponentially smaller file? E.g. I cut 5 mins off a 2 hour video and the file size went from 2mb to .65mb? I personally don't notice...
  9. Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy

Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy: Open a movie file, click edit, trim, save, get annoying invalid and improper message: It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy instead. Checking the Internets doesn't seem to help. Setting owner in advanced tabs with silly...
  10. Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy

Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy: Hi...having trouble with Microsoft Photos. I am running Windows 10. See screenshot for version/build. [ATTACH] I am trying to trim some video clips that I created and imported from my device to this computer with a usb drive. I can view the video clip in MS Photos and trim...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows photos not saving trimmed video

2. saving a trim of video in photos

3. photos not saving trimmed videos