Windows 10: Error "Server execution failed" when trying to run bash command in Windows 10 (Version...

Discus and support Error "Server execution failed" when trying to run bash command in Windows 10 (Version... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As the title says, when I try to run the "bash" command, I get an error saying, "Server execution failed". I got this problem after I ran the "sudo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OsmanZakir, May 12, 2019.

1. Error "Server execution failed" when trying to run bash command in Windows 10 (Version...

As the title says, when I try to run the "bash" command, I get an error saying, "Server execution failed". I got this problem after I ran the "sudo apt-get update" and "sudo apt-get upgrade -y" commands during my last successful run of the WSL and then exiting out of it immediately. I'm not sure if that could've caused the issue, though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. (Is this posted under the right category?)

:)

OsmanZakir, May 12, 2019
  2. 2AI
    2AI Win User

running python executable file error in window server

running python executable file error in window server

after install vcredist_x64.exe still have this error

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is in

correct. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.e

xe tool for more detail.

in the past, compile this program with py2exe in window 7 without any visual studio installed, it can run in new window server

but after install VS2017 community, and compile python program to executable file in window 10, then got this error

install in new virtual machine window 2008 in window 2012

3. "Server execution failed" Every time I try to play an mp3

I am unable to play ANY media files whatsoever on Windows 10! Every time I try, I always get "Server execution failed" No matter what file it is.

Googling around suggests that this is a Windows Explorer problem but the only fix it offers did not work! I am still getting "Server execution failed" when I try to play a .mp3, .wav, or a .mp4 file!

How do I fix this?

Ornithophilia, May 12, 2019
  4. Tom_g35 Win User

Error "Server execution failed" when trying to run bash command in Windows 10 (Version...

Explorer.exe Server execution failed

Windows 10 Creators update

I'm getting the above error when trying to open folders on my machine - Whether by clicking on a folder icon or Widows key + E

Searching for this error shows mostly older OSs. I did find a suggestion at Explorer.EXE Server execution failed but when I run that the syntax gets queried

I've also run sfc /scannow but this didn't throw anything up

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Tom_g35, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Error "Server execution failed" when trying to run bash command in Windows 10 (Version...

1. Error "Server execution failed" when trying to run bash command in Windows 10 (Version... - Similar Threads - Error Server execution

2. Fix Server execution failed error in WSL

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Server execution failed error in WSL: [ATTACH]You may encounter the Server execution failed error in WSL on one or more instances on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 system; including when you try to run a Linux distro, when you try to run a bash command in that environment, or when you try to update/install WSL or...
  3. Server Execution Failed Windows 10, Windows Media Player.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server Execution Failed Windows 10, Windows Media Player.: Hello! So recently I have been facing a problem where I couldn't play songs on my Laptop using Windows Media Player... It shows a prompt "Server Execution Failed" with a error symbol. I don't know how this has happened. But, I'd like a solution to fix it. Any way to fix it??...
  4. WSL Server execution failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WSL Server execution failed: Hello, I've been using Ubuntu with WSL2 for a while now, but it has stopped functioning well the last weeks. The error I get when running Ubuntu for instance is:WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80080005 Error: 0x80080005 Server execution failed.Sure, disabling wsl...
  5. Trying to install Bash on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install Bash on Windows 10: This is the up to date Windows 10. I got as far with the BASH installation as clicking on the Bash icon waiting to be asked if I want to install Ubuntu. A black window appears and promptly vanishes before doing anything useful. Help! Thankyou peter...
  6. BASH command not found on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    BASH command not found on Windows 10: So, when I try to use the bash command on cmd or PowerShell, I get errors saying that there is no such thing. bash : The term 'bash' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was...
  7. Explorer.exe Server execution failed. Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer.exe Server execution failed. Error: Hi, I've been facing this issue which I try and open "This PC" or rather any folder. I can't open any folder. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorerexe-server-execution-failed-error/e43effe0-cff5-4377-b293-ed027a4753cc
  8. systeminfo ERROR: Server execution failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    systeminfo ERROR: Server execution failed: This is the error: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> systeminfo ERROR: Server execution failed PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> The question is why? No results searching with Bing and Google - though there were a few pages for Explorer and Media Player errors. There is a page from "Experts...
  9. Windows Media Player Error – Server Execution Failed

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Media Player Error – Server Execution Failed: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]It may so happen that when trying to play music files using the Windows Media Player, you receive Server execution failed popup. Post this; you will not be able to play media files for some time. Some users reported that [...] This post Windows Media Player...
  10. "The environment is incorrect." error when trying to run an executable

in Windows 10 Support
    "The environment is incorrect." error when trying to run an executable: I have a desktop computer that was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro. When I try to run CMD as Administrator, I receive "The environment is incorrect." error message. I get the same error if I try to run other Windows applications (in Windows\System32). Update: It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wsl server execution failed

2. server execution failed windows 10

3. windows 10 server execution failed