Windows 10: Error setting up Mic

Discus and support Error setting up Mic in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My mic stopped working and when I went to Settings/Speech/Microphone and clicked Get Started, I get the error below. Please advise.Error Code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CBovio, Jul 9, 2022.

1. CBovio Win User

Error setting up Mic

My mic stopped working and when I went to Settings/Speech/Microphone and clicked Get Started, I get the error below. Please advise.Error Code: 0x80004003

:)

CBovio, Jul 9, 2022
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jul 9, 2022
  3. badcrc Win User
    How to stop annoying mic popup ?

The thing that bugged me was the suggestion to go to privacy settings, but a setting of 'disable mic' is 'not allowed' and gives error message.

badcrc, Jul 9, 2022
  4. Error setting up Mic

my head phone mic is not working in window 10

Hello Jaxon,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that your headphone mic is not working in Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query.

This issue might be occurring because the microphone might not be set as a default device or there might be any error in settings also. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Recording Audio troubleshooter

The built-in recording audio troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with headphone or microphone. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any
    issue with the microphone. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
              view all option on the left pane

• Click on Recoding Audio troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Recording Audio troubleshooter do not fix the
    issue then I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps to set the microphone as a default device:

• Right click on the “Sound icon” on the bottom right of the desktop screen

• Click on “Sounds”, click on “Recording

• Right click on “Microphone” and then click on “Set as default device

• Click on “Apply” and then “OK

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Jul 9, 2022
Thema:

Error setting up Mic

1. Error setting up Mic - Similar Threads - Error setting Mic

2. Mic Needs to be set up to set up Mic Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Needs to be set up to set up Mic Win 11: Wanting to set up and use my wireless blutooth headset's microphone i of course tried to set up my mic. The "Get Started" button immidietly opens the speech troubleshooter and asks a question on whether cortana can hear me or vice versa. Clicking on "I cant hear Cortana"...
  3. Mic Needs to be set up to set up Mic Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic Needs to be set up to set up Mic Win 11: Wanting to set up and use my wireless blutooth headset's microphone i of course tried to set up my mic. The "Get Started" button immidietly opens the speech troubleshooter and asks a question on whether cortana can hear me or vice versa. Clicking on "I cant hear Cortana"...
  4. Error setting up Mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error setting up Mic: My mic stopped working and when I went to Settings/Speech/Microphone and clicked Get Started, I get the error below. Please advise.Error Code: 0x80004003 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-setting-up-mic/35dc63bf-f1ee-44a2-82cd-2c067abd38a9
  5. Error setting up Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error setting up Mic: My mic stopped working and when I went to Settings/Speech/Microphone and clicked Get Started, I get the error below. Please advise.Error Code: 0x80004003 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-setting-up-mic/35dc63bf-f1ee-44a2-82cd-2c067abd38a9
  6. Trying to set up a mic with my laptop

Trying to set up a mic with my laptop: I've been trying to get a pair of earbuds with a built-in microphone to work on my Windows 10 ASUS laptop. I've gone through countless fix-its and troubleshooting but nothing seems to work. When I plug my headphones in, the usual audio device pop-up appears but my...
  7. How to Set up Headphone's mic

How to Set up Headphone's mic: Hello I'm trying to set up my headphones microphone but it's not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-headphones-mic/1c8bcda2-5248-45de-86ab-792a30ae15d6
  8. mic set-up

mic set-up: The voice detection step can't hear me. Troubleshooter doesn't detect a problem, but the problem might be that Windows is convinced the jack is on the front of my computer and it isn't....
  9. The Mic migth need to be set up.

The Mic migth need to be set up.: Hello, Anyone can Help me? I appreciate it Looks like The Mic migth need to be set up. But I have been trying all the steps and nothing works. I didn't try to install any driver because I don't know if I need it. Thanks...
  10. Mic/Webcam set up

Mic/Webcam set up: Hi, My wife is working from home, she's using her Win 10 Samsung laptop, but struggling for webcam & mic set up. This is pictures of whats happening. first one is the error, 2nd is the options, then the next 2 are in the security when you click manage, just can't get them to...