Windows 10: Error - SFC is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.

Discus and support Error - SFC is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today, I tried to run SFC to check my laptop. However, I received the following error: "This version of C:\WINDOWS\system32\sfc.exe is not compatible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kaleidoscope_187, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Error - SFC is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.

Today, I tried to run SFC to check my laptop. However, I received the following error: "This version of C:\WINDOWS\system32\sfc.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher."In the error box, it stated that "Unsupported 16-bit Application" with "The program or feature C:\WINDOWS\system32\sfc.exe cannot start or run due to incompability with 64-bit version of Windows. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher."I don't know how to fix this as most solution

:)

Kaleidoscope_187, Oct 14, 2021
  2. GregH Win User

Running sfc /scannow shows that there are errors

I tried what has been suggested above but no joy.....Well, the issue is sorted out now. I shelled out for a DVD copy of Windows 10 Pro. Installed it and no more issues when running sfc /scannow. I downloaded the USB ISO twice and got the error so I recon the USB ISO files as delivered from MS are simply not 100% compatible with my system. For whatever reason, a DVD install sorted it. Thanks for the help though, really appreciate it.

GregH, Oct 14, 2021
  3. 0x80070057 when trying to run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Hi Paul,

For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to get additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are the programs already installed on your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're still trying to install the programs, we suggest changing the compatibility mode of the installers before installing the programs. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click AOL Desktop installer or Facebook Gameroom.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Click the drop-down option and select any Windows previous version.
    • Check Run this program as an administrator.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Try to install the program using the installer.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Oct 14, 2021
  4. Error - SFC is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.

Compatibility problems

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Also, I suggest you to check with the compatibility of the program on Windows 10.

Windows Compatibility Center

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 14, 2021
Thema:

Error - SFC is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.

1. Error - SFC is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. - Similar Threads - Error SFC compatible

2. SFC won't run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC won't run: My pc has been having BSoD problem, I can't use SFC scannow because it says "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation" and when I reset the pc, it says your pc has run into an problem. Then I googled the solution for it and it turns out I have to...
  3. How to run SFC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run SFC: I'm trying to do "SFC /SCANNOW", but I'm getting error messages. I'm running Windows 10 64 bit Home. I've tried the command prompt and Windows Powershell via right-clicking Start -> Powershell, but with both I get this error:-----Windows PowerShell Copyright C Microsoft...
  4. sfc scan run regularly finds errors

sfc scan run regularly finds errors: I run dism followed by a sfc /scannow several times a week and it finds errors pretty regularly. Is that supposed to happen? I'm on Windows 10 and I have the latest updates....
  5. Error when running SFC

Error when running SFC: Not entirely sure where to post this, so gonna just post it here, I figure the mods will let me know if it's cool or not. So, my computer is running WIN10 x64 and I've started getting random BSOD errors, so I ran an SFC /Scannow and this is what is in the log. Telling me...
  6. Not Compatible with Version of Windows

Not Compatible with Version of Windows: Greetings all. This is my first post so hopefully it is the correct forum. I came across Access 2000, I know nothing about DB so for something to do I installed it on my computer. I also bought the "Access 2000 Bible", by Cary Prague,which included a CD with the practice...
  7. Not Compatible with Version of Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Compatible with Version of Windows: Greetings all. This is my first post so hopefully it is the correct forum. I came across Access 2000, I know nothing about DB so for something to do I installed it on my computer. I also bought the "Access 2000 Bible", by Cary Prague,which included a CD with the practice...
  8. Error message when running sfc /scannow

Error message when running sfc /scannow: I get an error message when running scannow saying that some files are corrupt and could not be fixed. How do I fix them? My laptop seems to be in an unstable state. Thanks for your help...
  9. Can't run SFC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't run SFC: All my efforts to run SFC failed. All I get is the following message: "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." I run a search and the net and tried reactivating the “Windows Module Installer“ service. This didn't solve my problem. I ran the same...
  10. Running sfc /scannow shows that there are errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running sfc /scannow shows that there are errors: Things are not going well for me. Multiple system issues are being reported in the Reliability Monitor although these are not obvious while using the OS. One of the things I have now tried is sfc /scannow from a command prompt in both normal and safe modes. It reports...