Windows 10: Error: Silicon Valley ATA 133 raid controller is not compatible when trying to update to...

Discus and support Error: Silicon Valley ATA 133 raid controller is not compatible when trying to update to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Trying to upgrade to Win 10 and during the install process I get the message that the Silicone Valley ATA 133 raid controller is not compatible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by p_wallace, Dec 24, 2019.

1. p_wallace Win User

Error: Silicon Valley ATA 133 raid controller is not compatible when trying to update to...

Hello,

Trying to upgrade to Win 10 and during the install process I get the message that the Silicone Valley ATA 133 raid controller is not compatible with win 10. I am not very good with drivers and such but I tried updating the driver and it informs me that the software is up to date. I also tried to turn off the controller in Device Manager and re-install but I got the same error.

Should I have re-booted the computer after shutting off the controller for the change to take effect? Anyone with any info that might help is welcome to comment. I built this computer myself but it's been probably ten years and every component was top shelf at that time. Running 7 pro now and I never used the raid function and don't plan on using it anytime in the foreseeable future.

THANKS

Pete

***Original title: Silicone image ATA 133 raaid controller not compatible with win 10 update***

:)

p_wallace, Dec 24, 2019
  2. Meir_G Win User

Bluescreen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION having a RAID controller

Windows 10 with a RAID controller (therefore no direct IDE ATA/ATAPI controller) experiencing BSOD every once in a while.

Latest dump file link: Dropbox - Link not found

Please suggest a solution

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

Meir_G, Dec 24, 2019
  3. AHCI vs RAID

Always use RAID or AHCI on any SATA drives. Remember, using IDE compatibility mode limits the drive to UDMA 133 speeds 133 MB/s which is close to SATA1 1.5 Gbit/s - 150 MB/s. Which is why most people don't bother with AHCI or RAID for the small gain, but I would.. *Wink Error: Silicon Valley ATA 133 raid controller is not compatible when trying to update to... ;)

Hard Drive speeds
    • IDE Ultra ATA/33 = .3Gbit/s - 33 MB/s
    • IDE Ultra ATA/66 = .6Gbit/s - 66 MB/s
    • IDE Ultra ATA/100 = 1Gbit/s - 100 MB/s
    • IDE Ultra ATA/133 = 1.3Gbit/s - 133 MB/s
    • SATA1 = 1.5 Gbit/s - 150 MB/s
    • SATA2 = 3 Gbit/s - 300 MB/s
    • SATA 3 = 6 Gbit/s - 600 MB/s
    EDIT: Forgot to add that for a single drive I would use AHCI driver over a RAID drive for no other reason than to boot up quicker. Enabling RAID will check your RAID array on startup and give you a chance to change or create a RAID array.

Mindweaver, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Error: Silicon Valley ATA 133 raid controller is not compatible when trying to update to...

ATA 100 vs ATA 133 (CABLES ECT.)

I am going to upgrade form a 40GB ATA 100 to a 80GB ATA 133, will there be a big difference between performance? I also heard that all ATA cables are the same unless you're using a Serial ATA cable. What does that mean? (ITS STILL AN IDE CABLE BUT IT SAYS SERIAL ATA ON IT)

vampire622003, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Error: Silicon Valley ATA 133 raid controller is not compatible when trying to update to...

1. Error: Silicon Valley ATA 133 raid controller is not compatible when trying to update to... - Similar Threads - Error Silicon Valley

2. RAID Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAID Controller: Recently bought a used Dell Poweredge server to be used for home simple data storage & media server. It is outfitted with Microsoft Windows 11 pro. I have error messages about the RAID controller & PCI Simple Communication Controller. When I try to update the drivers, I am...
  3. RAID Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAID Controller: Recently bought a used Dell Poweredge server to be used for home simple data storage & media server. It is outfitted with Microsoft Windows 11 pro. I have error messages about the RAID controller & PCI Simple Communication Controller. When I try to update the drivers, I am...
  4. IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers not installed, unable to update Serial ATA Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers not installed, unable to update Serial ATA Controller: Just built a new computer and 2 of my hard drives are not being seen in windows but they are seen in the motherboard BIOS, when looking at my Device Manager it appears that my IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers appear to not be installed, the Serial ATA Controller is just listed under...
  5. IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers not installed, unable to update Serial ATA Controller

IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers not installed, unable to update Serial ATA Controller: Just built a new computer and 2 of my hard drives are not being seen in windows but they are seen in the motherboard BIOS, when looking at my Device Manager it appears that my IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers appear to not be installed, the Serial ATA Controller is just listed under...
  6. IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers not installed, unable to update Serial ATA Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers: Helloim trying to fix my laptop acer predator triton 300 and i noticed that it doesnt have IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ide-ataatapi-controllers/e9cf375e-6c3b-48b7-aaef-933d12ec89cd
  8. Silicone image ATA 133 raaid controller not compatible with win 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Silicone image ATA 133 raaid controller not compatible with win 10 update: Hello, Trying to upgrade to Win 10 and during the install process I get the message that the Silicone Valley ATA 133 raid controller is not compatible with win 10. I am not very good with drivers and such but I tried updating the driver and it informs me that the software...
  9. IDE ATA ATAPI controllers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IDE ATA ATAPI controllers: Hello there I'm kinda stuck here. Trying to format my usb flash drive. Right clicking on usb icon and choosing 'format' doesn't help as it says: windows was unable to complete the format. So I decided to do it by cmd but the thing is I'm not even able to clean the disk as...
  10. PC compatible "Monument Valley"?

PC compatible "Monument Valley"?: My wife has a game called Monument Valley on her Fire Tablet. I have been trying to find the same for my Windows 10 tablet but no luck. Does anyone know if there is a compatible/ similar game I can get from the Windows Store? *Smile 61975