Windows 10: Error: Some Settings are managed by your system administrator, when changing Security...

Discus and support Error: Some Settings are managed by your system administrator, when changing Security... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am the sole admin user on this stand-alone PC. I want to change security settings on local intranet under "Internet Properties". I cannot do so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kireta, Mar 13, 2020.

1. kireta Win User

Error: Some Settings are managed by your system administrator, when changing Security...

I am the sole admin user on this stand-alone PC.

I want to change security settings on local intranet under "Internet Properties". I cannot do so because "Some settings are managed by your system administrator"

Error: Some Settings are managed by your system administrator, when changing Security... f23db0d1-4371-47d0-8257-9036af558433?upload=true.jpg

I can't find a solution to this issue....as the sole user on the personal copy of Win 10, I should be able to change settings here.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thx

***Original title: Cannot change settings Win 10 Pro under "Local intranet" zone under "Internet Properties"***

:)

kireta, Mar 13, 2020

2. Administrator security settings keep changing

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

What error message do you get when you try to save and sync files?

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open command prompt and type the commands below (Type it in Search or Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Command Prompt admin).
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the Command Prompt window.
    Try these steps as well.

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    System Restore Error 0x800700AA and Task Manager

Thank you for your response. Some of the common symptoms of (0x800700aa) are unfinished installation of Windows application, virus infections, inaccruate registry entries, corrupt system files, incompatible or outdated software or hardware, unfinished uninstalling
    of some files, clashes between the automatic update error and the computer, installing of some corrupt or infectious apps or files, etc. In this case, we suggest to run a clean boot on your computer. Kindly follow the steps provided by
    Stephanie Sal on this
    link

Regarding about the Task Manager concern. Malware may prevent opening of Task Manager. So you may want to clear your computer junk files and then run a full or deep scan with your antivirus or security software or Microsoft Security Essentials. If you're
    done running those tests. We suggest to run DISM and SFC. By doing so, the task will scan for changed or misplaced files. If sfc discovers that a protected file has been overwritten or corrupted, it retrieves the correct version of the file folder, and then
    replaces the incorrect file. Kindly follow the steps below to perform the task:

Run DISM and SFC

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task.
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges” .
      • Type CMD.
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • If neither command shows a good result, go to Reset your PC.

If none of the above options work, review the different recovery options available in Windows 10. The
    “Keep my files” option should work – Reset your PC > Option > Keep my files.

If you're unwilling to reset the PC, you can try uninstalling the antivirus software, and do an in-place reinstall.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Mar 13, 2020
  4. angus Win User

Error: Some Settings are managed by your system administrator, when changing Security...

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Error: Some Settings are managed by your system administrator, when changing Security... - Similar Threads - Error Settings are

2. "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...: I am getting this message after enabling BitLocker. I checked the group policy settings for BitLocker but none of them were enabled or disabled. It only says that it is not configured. Is this normal? How to get rid of this message?...
  3. "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...: I am getting this message after enabling BitLocker. I checked the group policy settings for BitLocker but none of them were enabled or disabled. It only says that it is not configured. Is this normal? How to get rid of this message?...
  4. "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Getting "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator": Hi. Hoping someone can help me. I have a fairly new HP Envy that came with Windows 11. A while ago, I kept seeing the following message"For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator"It was odd my wasn't an actual issue for me.I have just upgraded...
  6. Getting "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator"

Getting "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator": Hi. Hoping someone can help me. I have a fairly new HP Envy that came with Windows 11. A while ago, I kept seeing the following message"For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator"It was odd my wasn't an actual issue for me.I have just upgraded...
  7. Some settings are managed by your system administrator, when trying to change display...

Some settings are managed by your system administrator, when trying to change display...: Some settings are greyed out and i dont know how to fix it, watched many vidoes on YouTube but none of those solutions work... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-settings-are-managed-by-your-system/f474db57-7a49-467e-af43-2548fe4f5299
  8. Some settings are managed by your system administrator, when trying to change display...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some settings are managed by your system administrator, when trying to change display...: Some settings are greyed out and i dont know how to fix it, watched many vidoes on YouTube but none of those solutions work... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-settings-are-managed-by-your-system/f474db57-7a49-467e-af43-2548fe4f5299
  9. SOME SETTINGS ARE MANAGED BY YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SOME SETTINGS ARE MANAGED BY YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR: I had to reset my computer yesterday and now this won't let me sync my account, or change my diagnostic data setting to full (among other things). How do I change it? This is my home computer and is not managed by any organization....
  10. "some settings are managed by your system administrator"

in Windows 10 Support
    "some settings are managed by your system administrator": Hi, today i got a new m.2 ssd. After installing it i booted to my regular windows installation on another ssd, this is where the problems began. I tried to change my monitor resolution but the message in the title had appeared and my monitor settings are grayed out, a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. for your security some settings are managed by your system administrator