Windows 10: Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.

Discus and support Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; recently i changed my PIN cause i forgot it and now i'm ALWAYS getting an error saying 'Something went wrong with your pin' and it asks me to restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Maria Naeem, May 4, 2023.

1. Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.

recently i changed my PIN cause i forgot it and now i'm ALWAYS getting an error saying 'Something went wrong with your pin' and it asks me to restart but still the PIN doesn't work. Now I am UNABLE to use my PIN. Is there any solution to this?

:)

Maria Naeem, May 4, 2023

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, May 4, 2023
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 4, 2023
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, May 4, 2023
Thema:

Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.

1. Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login. - Similar Threads - Error 'Something Went

2. This is in regards to, something went wrong and your PIN is not available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This is in regards to, something went wrong and your PIN is not available.: This is a on going issue with alot of people. There should be no reason why when you click set up a new pin that it loops the system. Someone needs to send this to HQ and have it fixed in a patch or update. This 4just unacceptable...
  3. Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.: recently i changed my PIN cause i forgot it and now i'm ALWAYS getting an error saying 'Something went wrong with your pin' and it asks me to restart but still the PIN doesn't work. Now I am UNABLE to use my PIN. Is there any solution to this?...
  4. Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available.: Something went wrong and your PIN isn t available. This appears after i follow these steps to solve my previous problem, freeze taskbar.These are the steps i did before making my way here:1.Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to get to where I can restart my computer. Or force your computer...
  5. Something went wrong and your PIN is not avaliable 0x80090027

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong and your PIN is not avaliable 0x80090027: Hello!I am on Windows 11 Home 21H2 OS Build 22000.282Recently I had to reset my PIN since I had forgotten it. Pushing the "Forgot PIN" button prompted me to a screen from my organization, where I had to sign in with my school account, verify and reset my PIN from there. I...
  6. Something went wrong and your pin is not available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something went wrong and your pin is not available: Hey, I have a problem I updated windows 10 using Windows update assistant, but when I restarted my computer, I got this message on login 'something went wrong and your pin is not available' and there is an option saying 'set up a new one' but when I press it, nothing happens,...
  7. something went wrong and your pin isn't available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    something went wrong and your pin isn't available: This error happened to me when I updated to Windows 10 version 2004. I got signed out of MS Edge. When I tried signing in, it showed this error message: "something went wrong and your pin isn't available". I tried to set a pin to resolve the issue. I went to Settings->...
  8. “something went wrong and your pin is unavailable”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “something went wrong and your pin is unavailable”: i got that when i booted up my pc,i signed in with my password instead and removed the pin,then restarted my computer then added a new one.seemed to have fixed it but what caused this? submitted by /u/Lord_Chanka_69 [link] [comments]...
  9. “Something Went Wrong” PIN Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Something Went Wrong” PIN Error: Hi, all. Really hoping I can find help for this issue. I just went to log onto my laptop and it said “something happened and your PIN isn’t available”. I cannot remember my password and have tried every possible combination based on the password hint I set up. I’ve never had...
  10. PIN login works for awhile and then "Something went wrong..."

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN login works for awhile and then "Something went wrong...": Folks, I'm using a PIN number for logging in to my Win 10 system. All is well for the first few (typically, 5 or 6) logins, but then I get a message that "Something went wrong..." and thereafter I have to use my Microsoft account password to login. If I reboot my system,...