Windows 10: Error: Specified driver invalid when trying to print

Discus and support Error: Specified driver invalid when trying to print in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just installed a brand new Epson printer, but when I try to print I get a message "Specified driver invalid". I got this message with the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vanessapalmer1, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Error: Specified driver invalid when trying to print

I have just installed a brand new Epson printer, but when I try to print I get a message "Specified driver invalid". I got this message with the old printer and thinking the printer was the problem I bought a new one. Note this only happened after I did a reboot. My computer is running Windows 10. Please help

***Original title: Printer access***

:)

vanessapalmer1, Sep 19, 2019

2. Flashed and got error "invalid display adapter index specified"

I flashed a 9800gx2 and a error said,
    "invalid display adapter index specified"
    I did this: a:/nvflash -4 -5 -6 -i2 G92NEW.ROM . How can I fix and what does that mean?
    Is there something I missed at A: ?
    praying I can fix, thanks

Big Bigdog, Sep 19, 2019
  3. can't print "specified driver is invalid" error when i try doing a test print (solution did not work)

I tried your suggestions with no luck. Each time I print I get an immediate error indicating a printer error but I am able to print to the printer from my iphone with no issue. Any other suggestions?

Michael_966, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Error: Specified driver invalid when trying to print

1803+Printer-Invalid Driver

After the 1803 upgrade, I can longer print to either of my wireless printers.

I have read a number of post in this forum and tried the options suggested - no luck yet.

I contacted my printer manufacturer (Brother) and they tried a few things - still no luck.

I have removed all drivers, and re-installed current driver from the Brother website (DCP-L2520DW). The install goes perfect ... drivers installed, network printer found, etc.

After re-boot, when I try to print a test page, I always get "Test page failed to print, the specified driver is invalid".

I have a secondary laptop (not upgraded to 1803), and that prints just fine.

Idea's? Any more options?

AStanfield, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Error: Specified driver invalid when trying to print

1. Error: Specified driver invalid when trying to print - Similar Threads - Error Specified driver

2. What is... ERROR: Invalid argument specified INFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe Usage: ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is... ERROR: Invalid argument specified INFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe Usage: ?: Every time I start up my PC I get a window asking "how would I like to open this file?" I select Notepad and see the following error message: ERROR: Invalid argument specified INFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe Usage: INFOMSG: -?/-h This help menu INFOMSG: -p Attempts...
  3. App crashes when trying to print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App crashes when trying to print: Whenever I try to select "Print" from a menu the print window display for a second then crashes the app. I am using a HP 477DW. I started to occur from the last Windows Update (yesterday)....
  4. Error: splwow64.exe - Bad Image, when trying to print

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: splwow64.exe - Bad Image, when trying to print: I have an splwow64.ex - Bad Image error that pops up every time I attempt to print or really do anything on the computer. I cannot close the box and it will not let me print or even shut my computer down. Please help. ***Original title: splwow64.exe - Bad Image***...
  5. can't print "specified driver is invalid" error when i try doing a test print (solution did...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't print "specified driver is invalid" error when i try doing a test print (solution did...: my os is windows 10 x64 1903 18362.295 wanted to print something today and discovered it doesn't work.... only solution i could find was deleting a registry key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print "PostSPUpgrade" however upon checking, i...
  6. When I try to print it tries to save the document.

When I try to print it tries to save the document.: This did not happen before the update a day or so ago. All files try to save when I try to print. I have looked at 'print to file' and this is not checked. I have manually set my HP Pro 8715as the default printer. I have used the trouble shoot and there is not an issue. I...
  7. error message when trying to install google cloud print to PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error message when trying to install google cloud print to PC: I get the following message when trying to install google cloud print to my windows PC: "the installer encountered and error 0x80070704; The specified port is unknown". Does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you!...
  8. cant find specified file when trying to download

cant find specified file when trying to download: hello, how do I fix this?, when im trying to download a file? or do I need to create a new one? if so, how! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cant-find-specified-file-when-trying-to-download/34b33f9b-5207-4ffb-88d4-7822dc441b2a
  9. Photos app crashes when trying to print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app crashes when trying to print: Same issue - Windows 10 1709 X86 / X64 ( 300 + machines domain joined ) Some machines work some do not. error logs on a machine that does not work. App crashes when trying to print. Tried all above recommendations with no luck what so ever. Event ( Application Log )...
  10. The specified network provider name is invalid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The specified network provider name is invalid: My internet connection is working, everything is OK, but... I cannot share any folder on my PC. I haven't used sharing several months now, It was working perfect back then. *Huh The problem: [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] Some screens of current network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the specified driver is invalid epson

2. (-2:unspecified error) could not find a writer for the specified extension in function cv::imwrite_