Windows 10: Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0xC0000005 BSOD

Discus and support Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0xC0000005 BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting BSOD for months now, before it would happen every so often, but now is happening several times per day On Thu 9/22/2016 12:31:13... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chonky, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Chonky Win User

Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0xC0000005 BSOD

I've been getting BSOD for months now, before it would happen every so often, but now is happening several times per day

On Thu 9/22/2016 12:31:13 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092116-44093-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A0B0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8033CA9F8C4, 0xFFFF9300359D1B60, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 9/22/2016 12:31:13 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8033CA9F8C4, 0xFFFF9300359D1B60, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

:)

Chonky, Sep 21, 2016
  2. nm3210 Win User

Windows 10 build 10162 - USB webcam causes system crash

I'm still having this issue on build Windows 10 (x64 Pro) 10240 using the SP2309W monitor's built-in usb webcam/mic.

The BSOD error that occurs when plugging the USB in is: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ks.sys). If I plug the usb into a different USB port (for the first time), however, everything works perfectly fine - the webcam shows up and microphone
    works great, so I presume the device isn't completely unsupported or SOL. But if you then restart the computer you get a BSOD upon startup with the same message as above.

Looking at the minidumps, I get this information (a few crashes posted):

This was probably caused by the following module:
    ks.sys (ks+0x17C0)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80042BB17C0, 0xFFFFD00146C89D40, 0x0)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF801312917C0, 0xFFFFD0008A7E5D40, 0x0)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8000DEC17C0, 0xFFFFD00197918D40, 0x0)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF801AF8317C0, 0xFFFFD0019AA61D40, 0x0)

Not sure if that means anything to anyone, but it'd be awesome if this was fixed!

nm3210, Sep 21, 2016
  3. Neprut Win User
    Windows BSOD issues - Have DMP files

The driver verifier is not the issue here.... The whole point of that command is to BSOD your system and to see which drivers are acting up, that is the reason I posted the .dmp file for that BSOD. Of course I would have disabled that after successfully
    getting the system to crash...

My BIOS is the latest version (American Megatrends Inc. 1.I0, 25-Apr-17), that is the reason the .nfo file is included with the dumps so people are able to see that.

The SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION is indeed the main BSOD caused by main things over the past few weeks, which is what I am trying to fix.

29JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

26JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys)

24JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntoskrnl.exe)

23JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys)

22JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntoskrnl.exe)

18JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys)

ect, ect...

If older .dmp files are necessary I can always provide.

Thanks.

Neprut, Sep 21, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Chonky,

Welcome to TenForums *Smile

Please read the message at the top of the page and follow the posting instructions.

philc43, Sep 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0xC0000005 BSOD - Similar Threads - Error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0xC0000005

2. BSOD Error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: I made a similar report under my profile about this approximately 3 months ago. While that worked for 3 months, another BSOD happened. I am currently writing this report on another laptop because the other one may crash again. Here is the image of the BSOD crash log under...
  3. BSODs: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSODs: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error: Hi,my Windows 10 OS has been working perfectly for years, But on March 2021 the Hard Disk began to fail. I removed it and I installed in its place a KINGSTON A400 SSD 480 GB I went to a computer store wirh the specifications of my 11 years old core i7 laptop and the...
  4. BSOD error-SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD error-SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Recently, i have a green screen shown that it was saying that windows insider program have some problem... and something... and i saw a codeSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONafter the system restarted i have searched for this error and i saw to use a debuger to debug the minidump file...
  5. BSOD Error - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD Error - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: While waking my computer out of sleep, I got a BSOD error of System_Service_Exception. I'm not sure what this means, or how to interpret the minidump file. Can anyone help with this? minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgWBjqXgE9vSmzJqagW9edDzjgto?e=9M8QlQ...
  6. BSOD Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Every time I run a certain game I get a blue screen crash after about 10 mins of play time, with one exception it only occurs during that game. It started after the latest windows update. While uploading to onedrive I actually got it again, this being the first time it has...
  7. BSOD error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hi I keep getting a blue screen error on my HP 250 G5. This laptop isn't very old I actually completely reinstalled a fresh copy of windows recently to see if it will solve the problems but it returned. The frequency of the blue screen errors is random. Here is my dump...
  8. BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b)

BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b): Been getting this particular BSOD on a near constant basis when running high'ish memory dependent games. After a fair amount of trying to fix it up with sfc, driver verifier and removing near anything I can think of that caused the bug, based on similar stories I finally...
  9. Bsod system_service_exception

Bsod system_service_exception: Hello there, I have just installed Windows 10 and this is happening very often: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION After googling about this I came to this forum. I followed this instructions ( but I don't know where to look for help. This is the link for my dump files...
  10. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD Error

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD Error: So for a while I have been getting two various blue screen errors whilst playing games and they are at random. Sometimes they will not happen and I can continue playing, or most of the time it will BSOD my pc and restart it. The two errors I get are called...