Windows 10: Error that it cannot find a certain program

Discus and support Error that it cannot find a certain program in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently updated Windows 10 and I am not sure if that had anything to do with it or some kind of mystery magic happened. I went to click the shortcut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JimTrent, Jun 10, 2020.

1. JimTrent Win User

Error that it cannot find a certain program

I recently updated Windows 10 and I am not sure if that had anything to do with it or some kind of mystery magic happened. I went to click the shortcut for Steam that I have always had and it says it cannot find D;\program files x86\steam\steam.exe. I checked the drive and saw that the program was still there. I checked shortcut properties to make sure still pointing in right direction. I even deleted the shortcut and made a new one. I also tried to run the program by clicking on Steam.exe in it's own folder. I then checked for malware, then I ran a scan on disk looking for errors. I then ran DSIM and checked for errors. Everything was showing as fine. I put Steam on a different drive and it worked but since I wanted to keep all games on one drive I didn't want to keep it that way. I then reloaded windows keeping all files and such. Still cannot run steam from the D Drive. I decided one last thing to try was to change the drive letter to I and tried to run Steam. It worked fine now.

What would cause the program to not run on just one drive. I did not check if any of the Steam programs would run from that drive before I formatted it and checked it again. The only way Steam runs is if it is on a different drive letter than D:

:)

JimTrent, Jun 10, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 10, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Error that it cannot find a certain program

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Error that it cannot find a certain program

1. Error that it cannot find a certain program - Similar Threads - Error cannot find

2. Error Message Popup: "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Message Popup: "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program...: Hi, this error has been popping out a few times a day for a few days now. I have Asus x515. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-popup-windows-cannot-find-cprogram/54a6ba9c-679e-4fbf-830b-cb6cda28c0a3
  3. Cannot find C:\Program...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find C:\Program...: So I'm not actually sure what I did wrong here. I was uninstalling some mods and games. Updating windows when this thing came up. Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.549981C3F5F10_2.2103.17603.0_x64_8wekyb3d8...\Win32Bridge.Server.exeI tried to find it...
  4. Cannot Find Program to Uninstall

Cannot Find Program to Uninstall: Hello, I tried to install Encyclopedia Britannica from a DVD, but it appeared to stall, so I stopped the installation. When I tried to reinstall it, a message popped up and said it could not continue with the installation until I removed the previous installation, which I...
  5. Certain program cannot be uninstalled?

Certain program cannot be uninstalled?: I use Windows 10 and want to uninstall a program, but when I right-click on it nothing happens (Imgur). Since this is a very large file, it would be good if I could delete it. I hope you can help me. Bestimmtes Programm kann nicht deinstalliert werden?
  6. Windows cannot find program

Windows cannot find program: When opening certain games in xbox game pass I am given the error : Windows cannot find "C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Team17DigitalLimited.WormsW.M.DWin10_1.9.352.0_x64_j5x4vj4y67jhc\WormsW.M.D.exe". Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again....
  7. Cannot find program message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot find program message: I am running Windows 10 and Office Enterprise 2007. Tonight I started getting the message 'Windows cannot find C:\Program Files 86\Microsoft Office\Office 12\winword.exe' but I can find them via file explorer. I have reinstalled Office, no change. What next?...
  8. Error when running certain programs: Windows cannot find..... Windows 10

Error when running certain programs: Windows cannot find..... Windows 10: I tried running a few programs like Discord, iTunes, NordVPN and Steam and kept getting the same error: "Windows cannot find...". Even when I went directly to the .exe I got the same error. I ran a few scans like Malwarebytes and others but nothing came up. I got them to...
  9. Cannot install or download certain programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot install or download certain programs: New system I built. Everthing works fine until I switch users to my other account. I cannot download Firefox; absolutely nothing happens. Further, Google did install but running it, even as Admin, does absolutely nothing. Don't understand what could be going on. Thanks....
  10. Cannot reset Windows and certain Programs will not run

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot reset Windows and certain Programs will not run: I've been having issues with my laptop after accidentally downloading,malicious software. Essentially the symptoms seem to point to a rootkit but I cannot be sure. I backed up my data to an external hard rive but when trying to reset or refresh or even just booting in...