Windows 10: error the directory is not valid ,word 2010

Discus and support error the directory is not valid ,word 2010 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how to recover a word document when error ' the directory name is not valid' ,is shown( word 2010)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarwanSalsa, Aug 5, 2019.

1. error the directory is not valid ,word 2010

how to recover a word document when error ' the directory name is not valid' ,is shown( word 2010)

:)

MarwanSalsa, Aug 5, 2019

2. Error: The directory name is not valid.

Need fix for occasional error message when trying to open a saved file. Message is: The directory name is not valid.

BobbyBear929, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Steven Win User
    Changing the default font on Microsoft Word 2010 has no effect on new pages

Perform the following steps to set the default font for new Microsoft Word 2010 documents.

1. Right click the "Normal" Style on the Home ribbon and click Modify.
    2. Change the font to Times New Roman, 12 (or whatever you would prefer).
    3. Select the "New documents based on this template" option.
    4. Click OK
    5. Close and reopen Microsoft Word to confirm.

For Microsoft Excel, perform these steps:

1. Select File menu, Options item.
    2. Select the General category.
    3. Change "When creating new workbooks, use this font"
    4. Click OK to confirm
    5. Restart Microsoft Excel as instructed.

Steven, Aug 5, 2019
  4. djbaxter Win User

error the directory is not valid ,word 2010

Can't reinstall valid copy of Outlook 2010 in Windows 10

Upgraded to Windows 10.

Everything was fine for about a month until I had a disk crash. After several days I got that fixed and did a clean install of Windows 10.

Now I am trying to reinstall Outlook 2010 from the original DVD. Valid product key (setup validates it).

Setup runs, then encounters an error (doesn't tell me what), and backs off all files.

As far as I can tell, Windows 10 is saying the SETUP file is incompatible, not Outlook 2010 which Microsoft states is still compatible with Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

djbaxter, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

error the directory is not valid ,word 2010

1. error the directory is not valid ,word 2010 - Similar Threads - error directory valid

2. Desktop directory not valid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop directory not valid: Hey there. I recently built a pc with a hard disk so I wanted to put the desktop in it. I did it through the properties and moved it to H:/User/username/Desktop Now if I try to open files from the desktop it gives me an error and says that the directory is not valid. If I...
  3. Desktop directory not valid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop directory not valid: Hey there. I recently built a pc with a hard disk so I wanted to put the desktop in it. I did it through the properties and moved it to H:/User/username/Desktop Now if I try to open files from the desktop it gives me an error and says that the directory is not valid. If I...
  4. Why invalid directory error for Desktop, when it is a valid directory?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why invalid directory error for Desktop, when it is a valid directory?: When I try to open a file that I put on the Desktop, I get an error saying the directory is invalid: [IMG] Here's the story: I don't want onedrive, so I unlinked to my microsoft account, then uninstalled onedrive, then changed the location of Desktop from onedrive which...
  5. Word 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word 2010: Word 2010 only prints in black. How do I get it to work as before with colors too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2010/8a9d6c5a-e526-4942-9159-3ec6d6d0e45f
  6. 2010 word

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2010 word: I am writing a personal accounts story of my life for family when I pass. I have placed it on thumb drives for each individual…all in all works fairly well. The problem I have, I am using word 2010, when I hit the review tab and choose final…so all formatting is hidden, I...
  7. Directory not valid

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Directory not valid: I can search and see the document that I need to bring up but when I click on it it says "The directory name isn't valid" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directory-not-valid/06a38702-4a31-471b-a5ea-cf9794a94576
  8. Error: The directory name is not valid.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error: The directory name is not valid.: Need fix for occasional error message when trying to open a saved file. Message is: The directory name is not valid. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-the-directory-name-is-not-valid/f19e6c00-8664-4893-8713-68f14e8ba2f1"
  9. Word Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word Starter 2010: I could not repair my Word Starter in Control Panel so I deleted it believing I could reinstall. Apparently not. What can I do /install so I can open and edit documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-starter-2010/dad4273b-c382-4951-aa28-b122d15d374d
  10. Microsoft word 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft word 2010: I ran a fix me stick in my computer! Loosed my internet Explorer and my Microsoft word 2010 and my HP printer I got back my Explorer by redown loading now how do I get back my Microsoft word? If I reinstall it will I loose all of my things on it? Also How do I do it? Rich.K...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows word directary is not valid

2. the directory isnt valid on word