Windows 10: Error: The Distinguished Name in the subject field of your smart card logon certificate -...

Discus and support Error: The Distinguished Name in the subject field of your smart card logon certificate -... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi allWhen I check the Event Log and then go to "System", I can see the following error message and it appears every day several times:The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Massimo Scola, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Error: The Distinguished Name in the subject field of your smart card logon certificate -...

Hi allWhen I check the Event Log and then go to "System", I can see the following error message and it appears every day several times:The Distinguished Name in the subject field of your smart card logon certificate does not contain enough information to identify the appropriate domain on an non-domain joined computer. Contact your system administrator.We are not domain joined at work, nor do we use smart card logons and I cannot ask the adm

:)

Massimo Scola, Aug 6, 2021
  2. MOX
    mox Win User

Smart card user name

I have smart card USB token, and when I need to enter password to sign in document with certificate, Windows security form only gives me PIN field to enter, I cant see the user name of certificate, which is really annoying.
    Is there a way to display user name of certificate when displaying PIN to enter?

3. can't logon to local account via smart card

Hi Koby

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Can you try the troubleshooting steps described in the following thread?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-...

Andre for Directly, Aug 6, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Error: The Distinguished Name in the subject field of your smart card logon certificate -...

Smart Card Certificate Enumeration is not Working in WIndows 10

I have attempted to, through Group Policy, force my windows 10 login to enumerate the signature certificate on my smart card for use with login. I have this correctly set up in windows 7 and it works there but in windows 10.

I have read and applied all of the policies listed in

Smart Card Group Policy and Registry Settings

Smart Card Group Policy and Registry Settings

and also in

Certificate Enumeration but it still will not function correctly.

Certificate Enumeration

Tenforo, Aug 6, 2021
Thema:

Error: The Distinguished Name in the subject field of your smart card logon certificate -...

1. Error: The Distinguished Name in the subject field of your smart card logon certificate -... - Similar Threads - Error Distinguished Name

2. Certificate based smart card logon to Windows 10/11 with FIPS certified smart card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certificate based smart card logon to Windows 10/11 with FIPS certified smart card: Latest FIPS 140-2 Level 3 and FIPS 140-3 have limited HASH algorithm to SHA256/384/512 and SHA-1 can not be used for security reasons. If I use a FIPS certified smart card to do certificate based smart card logon to Windows 10 and Windows 11 Windows 10/11 has been on-prem...
  3. Certificate based smart card logon to Windows 10/11 with FIPS certified smart card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certificate based smart card logon to Windows 10/11 with FIPS certified smart card: Latest FIPS 140-2 Level 3 and FIPS 140-3 have limited HASH algorithm to SHA256/384/512 and SHA-1 can not be used for security reasons. If I use a FIPS certified smart card to do certificate based smart card logon to Windows 10 and Windows 11 Windows 10/11 has been on-prem...
  4. Certificate based smart card logon to Windows 10/11 with FIPS certified smart card

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. No input field for smart card login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No input field for smart card login: Hello,I need to connect a corporate website which requires login with a smartcard, with a pin number. On my laptop with recently installed windows 11, I have no input field to enter the pin code. On other windows 11 computer, no problem.I tried to look on internet and found...
  6. No input field for smart card login

No input field for smart card login: Hello,I need to connect a corporate website which requires login with a smartcard, with a pin number. On my laptop with recently installed windows 11, I have no input field to enter the pin code. On other windows 11 computer, no problem.I tried to look on internet and found...
  7. Certificate/PKI/Smart Card Logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certificate/PKI/Smart Card Logon: Hello,I am having an issue with authenticating users in an air gapped network after a patch. Any users prior created in AD prior to May 2022, can still authenticate with the server. However, if I create a new test account and attach my X.509 to altSecurityID attribute, I get...
  8. Certificate/PKI/Smart Card Logon

Certificate/PKI/Smart Card Logon: Hello,I am having an issue with authenticating users in an air gapped network after a patch. Any users prior created in AD prior to May 2022, can still authenticate with the server. However, if I create a new test account and attach my X.509 to altSecurityID attribute, I get...
  9. Issue with representation of Distinguished Name element STATE in certificates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with representation of Distinguished Name element STATE in certificates: If you open a certificate with any Windows Crypto Library also the certificate viewer, the representation of a specific information is not according to the X.500 standard and RFC 2253. The value STATE in the DN is represented in Windows with S. In the RFC the string S...
  10. Smart Card Certificates in Win10AU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Smart Card Certificates in Win10AU: I frequently access work sites that require me to use a CAC/PIV card. Some sites require my encryption certificate but OWA requires my email certificate. Prior to Win10AU update both my certs displayed but now I have to click show more to see all my certs. It's minor but...