Windows 10: Error: This app can’t open check the Windows Store for more info about the DVD Player when...

Discus and support Error: This app can’t open check the Windows Store for more info about the DVD Player when... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft DVD player $14.99 I purchased the app on August 21, 2019 I did a restore yesterday and since then the Microsoft DVD player displays the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kspeak1953, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Error: This app can’t open check the Windows Store for more info about the DVD Player when...

Microsoft DVD player $14.99 I purchased the app on August 21, 2019

I did a restore yesterday and since then the Microsoft DVD player displays the following message when I try to use it:

THIS APP CAN'T OPEN

CHECK THE WINDOWS STORE FOR MORE INFO ABOUT DVD PLAYER

I uninstalled it from Device Manager and restarted but it gives the same message THIS APP CAN'T OPEN

help...!

***Modified title from: Microsoft DVD player $14.99***

:)

kspeak1953, Sep 13, 2019

2. Windows DVD Player from App Store Not Playing U.S. Standard DVD's

So I read that upgrading from Window 7 to Windows 10 strips a bunch of CODEC's that Windows Media Player use to have. From what I understand this has to be purchased now in the Windows Apps Store for ~ USD 15. So I went ahead and did it and the app still
    does not play DVD's. Here are my steps and errors:

• Load my DVD (original DVD, not copied) into my DVD tray
    • Double click on This PC
    • Find my DVD drive and right click on it, select Auto Play
    • Select Windows DVD Player (the one I purchased for $15 from the app store)
    • DVD Player App launches and errors out with: "Error: Video could not be decoded"
    This is not display driver issue because VLC Player works just fine (the audio codec's don't work correct though).

• If this App is simply too buggy, can someone tell me how to get a refund?
    I tried going to: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/DisplayHelpReturnsRefundsPage and clicking on

• If you’d like to return your purchase made in the last thirty days without any hassles, you can initiate this yourself in your order
      history
    But the page simply crashes. Any help would be appreciated.

chiques8675309, Sep 13, 2019
  3. Windows DVD Player will not install on Windows 10 computer

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing DVD's on DVD player app, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to access the DVD app on your computer?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code when you say: it wont install on my hp pavilion computer?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

For more information you may refer to: Windows DVD Player Q&A.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the DVD Player app on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 13, 2019
  4. Error: This app can’t open check the Windows Store for more info about the DVD Player when...

windows dvd player in my HP laptop (windowas 10) has stopped working

I did Method 1 followed by Method 2. In Method 2 & step 2, I uninstalled the DVD player app.

However, now the Windows store wants me to pay $14.99 for the Windows 10 version of the DVD player app.

HELP! .... I'm now without the Windows 10 DVD player app and I have no intention of paying $14.99 for something that I was told to delete by Microsoft Help.

********************************************************************************************

Method 2.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the DVD player app and check if this helps.

• Go to settings and click on System.

• Click on App & features, locate for the DVD player app, click on it and uninstall it.
    Note: You can install it back again from Windows store.

********************************************************************************************

MichaelAnas, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

Error: This app can’t open check the Windows Store for more info about the DVD Player when...

1. Error: This app can’t open check the Windows Store for more info about the DVD Player when... - Similar Threads - Error app can’t

2. This App Cannot Open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This App Cannot Open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify.: So i was playing on my Cyborg A13VE, and i was gonna open the spotify app, tell me this app cant open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify. , i already tried some past solution but it couldnt work including restart the computer....
  3. This App Cannot Open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This App Cannot Open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify.: So i was playing on my Cyborg A13VE, and i was gonna open the spotify app, tell me this app cant open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify. , i already tried some past solution but it couldnt work including restart the computer....
  4. New Minecraft Launcher opening with error "Check the Windows Store for more info about...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Minecraft Launcher opening with error "Check the Windows Store for more info about...: So every time I try to open the new Minecraft Launcher to play Minecraft Bedrock, It throws out the "Can't open" error. I've tried resetting and repairing, reinstalling and launching with admin permissions. Sadly nothing works. Please help!...
  5. New Minecraft Launcher opening with error "Check the Windows Store for more info about...

New Minecraft Launcher opening with error "Check the Windows Store for more info about...: So every time I try to open the new Minecraft Launcher to play Minecraft Bedrock, It throws out the "Can't open" error. I've tried resetting and repairing, reinstalling and launching with admin permissions. Sadly nothing works. Please help!...
  6. This app can't open Check the windows Store for more info about

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    This app can't open Check the windows Store for more info about: This app can't open. Check the windows Store for more info about alienware command center. Hello, I have a dell g15. Windows 10. Today, recently, only a few hours ago I have encountered a problem. While playing a video-game, I stumbled upon a blue notification in the middle...
  7. This app can't open Check the windows Store for more info about

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app can't open Check the windows Store for more info about: This app can't open. Check the windows Store for more info about alienware command center. Hello, I have a dell g15. Windows 10. Today, recently, only a few hours ago I have encountered a problem. While playing a video-game, I stumbled upon a blue notification in the middle...
  8. This app can't open Check the windows Store for more info about

9. "This App Can’t Open. Check Windows Store For More Info”

"This App Can’t Open. Check Windows Store For More Info”: I've gotten this several times when I open FFXIV and the solitary collection. The apps always run after this message pops up. I'm not sure why I'm getting it, tbh. This is a new computer, though, so any help to make it stop is appreciated....
  10. Check the Windows Store for more info about Spotify.

Check the Windows Store for more info about Spotify.: I cant open my spotify even if i tried using regedit, local policy,etc. i tried updating my window yet still cant open. i tried WsReset.exe still cant open it. i enable the UAC and still nothing....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check the windows store for more info about photos.

2. Check the Windows Store for more info about ms-resource:Photos

3. Check the Windows Store for more info about Photos.Check the Windows Store for more info about Photos.

4. check the windows store for more info about dvd player