Windows 10: Error: This device cannot use a Trusted Platform Module, when enabling Bitlocker

Discus and support Error: This device cannot use a Trusted Platform Module, when enabling Bitlocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This device cannot use a Trusted Platform Module. Your administrator must "Allow BitLocker with out a compatible TPM" option in the "Require... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nbstan, Nov 27, 2019.

1. nbstan Win User

Error: This device cannot use a Trusted Platform Module, when enabling Bitlocker

This device cannot use a Trusted Platform Module. Your administrator must "Allow BitLocker with out a compatible TPM" option in the "Require additional authentication at start-up" policy for OS volumes.

How do I go about doing this?

***Modified title from: Bitlocker***

:)

nbstan, Nov 27, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Bitlocker and Trusted Platform Module problems

We appreciate the screenshot you sent.

This issue usually occurs because the Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
    uses the manufacturer driver and not the Windows built-in Trusted Platform Module driver.

To resolve this, you can manually uninstall and reinstall Trusted Platform Module. To do so, see the steps below:

• Open Device Manager on the device on which you are experiencing the issue
    • Uninstall the Trusted Platform Module driver.

Give us an update after following the troubleshooting steps provided.

John Sarc, Nov 27, 2019
  3. KSpriggles, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Error: This device cannot use a Trusted Platform Module, when enabling Bitlocker

Cannot turn on Bitlocker "this device cannot use a trusted platform module "

Hi I have just upgraded to windows 10 pro on my acer aspire es5715428 laptop, however when I go to turn on bitlocker it reads this message:

"this device cannot use a trusted platform module your administrator must set the alow bitlocker without a compatible tom option in the require additional authenticaton at start up policy for OS volumes.

Please help.

JamieFuller_607, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Error: This device cannot use a Trusted Platform Module, when enabling Bitlocker

1. Error: This device cannot use a Trusted Platform Module, when enabling Bitlocker - Similar Threads - Error device cannot

2. Trusted platform module problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trusted platform module problem: Hello, my computer is touchscreen and I tried to reset windows 10 and now I'm stuck in a panel that says " A configuration change was requested to clear this computer’s TPM" in there I have to choose and press f12 or esc, the problem is that since my computerer do not have...
  3. Trusted platform module problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trusted platform module problem: Hello, my computer is touchscreen and I tried to reset windows 10 and now I'm stuck in a panel that says " A configuration change was requested to clear this computer’s TPM" in there I have to choose and press f12 or esc, the problem is that since my computerer do not have...
  4. Trusted platform module problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trusted Platform Module

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trusted Platform Module: I am on a Windows 10 PC. I reset my PC and this shows up and I can't press or do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-platform-module/b4e4e7de-af20-4978-bb4c-97404187bed1
  6. Trusted Platform Module

Trusted Platform Module: I reset my computer and this showed up, but I can't do anything or press anything? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-platform-module/8f2891ce-04a0-4194-abbc-2d21aa6de826
  7. Trusted Platform Module

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trusted Platform Module: how often does this module get updated? when was the last update? is this a manual update or automatic update for Windows users? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-platform-module/ef835fec-996c-4ecf-8388-dc8a881e8375
  8. Trying to enable BitLocker but unable to locate Trusted Platform Module TPM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to enable BitLocker but unable to locate Trusted Platform Module TPM: Hi All, I've been dealing with a user's machine Dell Latitude 7480 and I am unable to turn on his BitLocker Encryption. I've done a ton of research and advised him to go to the BIOS Setup on boot up to ensure under Security "TPM 2.0 Security" was turned on but there is no...
  9. Trusted Platform Module

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trusted Platform Module: I have received a message to update or clear and update the TPM. It tells me to ensure I have done a backup. Is this REALLY necessary? To do a COMPLETE PC BACKUP in case this causes data loss? Surely, SURELY, MS can do these things without the potential compromise of...
  10. Security devices - Trusted Platform Module

Security devices - Trusted Platform Module: Hi there On my nice shiny HP envy laptop : HP ENVY Notebook - 13-d008na (ENERGY STAR) Model #: P0R94EA I of course removed the W10 Home with the HP Bloatware (actually very small amount -- well done HP for delivering a reasonably clean OS not riddled with ads and...