Windows 10: Error: This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts, while setting up Focused...

Discus and support Error: This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts, while setting up Focused... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Mail app on Windows 10 for my laptop is saying "This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts." when I try to enable Focused Inbox, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MBaker92, Apr 2, 2019.

1. MBaker92 Win User

Error: This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts, while setting up Focused...

My Mail app on Windows 10 for my laptop is saying "This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts." when I try to enable Focused Inbox, even though it's clearly enabled on the web interface and also my desktop which is also using Windows 10 with the Mail app. This is an Outlook.com account, which makes it even weirder that it stubbornly is staying broken on my computer. Is it a Windows 10 Pro issue? Though my desktop should also be running Pro.

***Original title: Can't enable Focused Inbox on the Mail app in Windows 10 for an Outlook.com account on one particular computer***

:)

MBaker92, Apr 2, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Focused

• Open your email for your Live account
    • click on the ellipsis (...) in the lower right
    • click on settings
    • scroll down to Reading and click on it
    • Scroll down to Focused inbox
    • Turn off

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Error: This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts, while setting up Focused...

Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.

Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed. Please try again.

Just installed the new Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.55 LTSC 2019 EnterpriseSN Version N

have the default grey person avatar...

every time I try to change my avatar to any custom image I get the following error.
    "Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed. Please try again."

Things I tried already
    • sfc /scannow
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • chkdsk C: /f /r /x
    • Apply the default user logon picture to all users via gpedit.msc
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures
    • ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures
    • ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData
    • Taking ownership of the directory\files as well as renaming directory to "*.old"
    • Creating a new user-account
    • Windows 10 In-Place Upgrade / Reset / Refresh

Nothing above has seemed to work as its still not changing my windows login screen / user avatar...

Out of ideas...

MrWhispers, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Error: This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts, while setting up Focused...

1. Error: This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts, while setting up Focused... - Similar Threads - Error setting can't

2. Image Preview Disabled: "This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image Preview Disabled: "This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts.": So I have been attempting to turn on the image preview settings for my Microsoft Mail application. However, any attempt within the app's message list section in settings seems to produce "This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts." I have not be able to find any...
  3. Image Preview Disabled: "This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image Preview Disabled: "This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts.": So I have been attempting to turn on the image preview settings for my Microsoft Mail application. However, any attempt within the app's message list section in settings seems to produce "This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts." I have not be able to find any...
  4. THIS SETTING CAN'T BE APPLIED TO ANY OF YOUR ACCOUNTS, IN MICROSOFT MAIL APP!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    THIS SETTING CAN'T BE APPLIED TO ANY OF YOUR ACCOUNTS, IN MICROSOFT MAIL APP!?: Hello, I was trying to select security in Microsoft mail app, and got the above message! I read just recently Microsoftdoes not provide security for any of my accounts including the mail app. I do have anti-virus and spyware protectionfor my computer, so I'm confused about...
  5. THIS SETTING CAN'T BE APPLIED TO ANY OF YOUR ACCOUNTS, IN MICROSOFT MAIL APP!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    THIS SETTING CAN'T BE APPLIED TO ANY OF YOUR ACCOUNTS, IN MICROSOFT MAIL APP!?: Hello, I was trying to select security in Microsoft mail app, and got the above message! I read just recently Microsoftdoes not provide security for any of my accounts including the mail app. I do have anti-virus and spyware protectionfor my computer, so I'm confused about...
  6. THIS SETTING CAN'T BE APPLIED TO ANY OF YOUR ACCOUNTS, IN MICROSOFT MAIL APP!?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Installation error occured while applying security settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation error occured while applying security settings.: try to install node.js on windows 10. help please Installation error occured while applying security settings.Authenticatedusers is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network.Check your...
  8. Email Security – This setting can’t be applied to any of your accounts

in Windows 10 News
    Email Security – This setting can’t be applied to any of your accounts: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you open the Windows 10 Mail App to configure Email Security, you may receive an error — This setting can’t be applied to any of your accounts. In this post, we are sharing what it means and what you [...] This post Email Security – This setting can’t...
  9. Your account privacy settings are being applied to this device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your account privacy settings are being applied to this device: Today I launched Outlook Desktop 2019 and I am greeted with a yellow bar stating: "PRIVACY SETTINGS APPLIED Your account privacy settings are being applied to this device. To adjust your settings go to privacy settings". The last sentence is an underlined link and hovering...
  10. There was an error while applying setting unit 22943A6B453E0FA682D54FDEF23CE29175A400DD for...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    There was an error while applying setting unit 22943A6B453E0FA682D54FDEF23CE29175A400DD for...: hi joydeep sir getting this error message as There was an error while applying setting unit 22943A6B453E0FA682D54FDEF23CE29175A400DD for roaming collection Windows-Credentials. ASN1 corrupted data.i am using windows 10 home sl 64 bit 1803....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. focused inbox this setting cant be applied to any of your accounts

2. microsoft this setting cant be applied

3. why cant focus be applied to any of my accounts

4. this setting cant be applied to any of your accounts automatic replies,
  5. focused inbox this setting cant be applied windows phone,
  6. focused cant be applied to any of your accounts,
  7. focused inbox cant be applied windows phone,
  8. focused inbox this setting cant be applied to any of y our accounts,
  9. this setting cant be applied to any of your accoubts