Windows 10: Error "this site can't be reached" due to proxy setting.

Discus and support Error "this site can't be reached" due to proxy setting. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had issues with my proxy for a while now. Everytime I try to go to a new page i get the "this site can't be reached" window. I've looked at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VeelaM, Oct 27, 2018.

1. VeelaM Win User

Error "this site can't be reached" due to proxy setting.

I've had issues with my proxy for a while now. Everytime I try to go to a new page i get the "this site can't be reached" window. I've looked at YouTube videos as well as posts on this topic to try to fix this problem, but no luck. I've downloaded Rougekiller, Hitman, Adware Cleaner, and even CCleaner in the Hope's of fixing this, but nothing works. All the scans come up as no threat! And when I try to follow some YouTube tutorial guides I can't finish them, because I don't have some of the folders or a proxy server file. I'm not sure what to do.

***Modified title from Proxy 127.0.0.1:6455***

:)

VeelaM, Oct 27, 2018

2. proxy settings

Hi Mike,

To set up a proxy server in Windows 10, you may follow the following steps.

• Press the Windows key and I to open
      Settings
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Proxy you can either Automatically set up a proxy or
      Manual set up a proxy server.

Let us know if this answers your question.

Gerald Vit, Oct 27, 2018
  3. proxy settings..

Hi,

Issues with the proxy settings are usually caused by broken system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the registry? Kindly provide us a screenshot of the changes that you made.
    • To avoid redundancy, what are the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

In the meantime, we suggest that you create a test user profile. Check if you will have the same issue with proxy settings. This is for us to verify if the issue is isolated with one user profile or with multiple accounts.

To create a test user profile, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana search, type Settings and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Choose Add someone else to this PC.
    • Click I don't have this person's sign-in information.
    • Click Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    • Name the user as TEST and then provide a password.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 27, 2018
  4. Error "this site can't be reached" due to proxy setting.

proxy settings

Automatically - I did that. Where is my "script address"

Thanks

Mike

MikeBridenhagen, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

Error "this site can't be reached" due to proxy setting.

1. Error "this site can't be reached" due to proxy setting. - Similar Threads - Error site can't

2. "This site can't be reached" problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This site can't be reached" problem: I am at witts end. I am using chrome but I am having the same problem in MS Edge. When I try to go to a site via bookmark, seach engine result or links, 95% of the time I get "This site can't be reached". Edge gives me "Hmmm I can't reach that page". Sometimes I get this...
  3. Can't reach to this site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't reach to this site: Hİ, I could not get an answer from the Google community. Would you help me to understand that why I can't reach the UK version anymore? I tried resetting my browser and also tried on another browser....
  4. MS Site Can't Be Reached

in Browsers and Email
    MS Site Can't Be Reached: Hello, Started this morning (like everyday) first to download Defender updated Definitions, after several seconds got an answer "site could not be reached". Tried to download "MS Malware removal tool" (just for a test) got the same answer. Tried to download some update (any)...
  5. MS Site Can't Be Reached

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Site Can't Be Reached: Hello, Started this morning (like everyday) first to download Defender updated Definitions, after several seconds got an answer "site could not be reached". Tried to download "MS Malware removal tool" (just for a test) got the same answer. Tried to download some update (any)...
  6. This site can't be reached.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This site can't be reached.: Please help me with This site can't be reached. Will open YouTube and Google but not Wells Fargo. for example. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-site-cant-be-reached/3fd712af-fcee-4ea9-8dce-e13e9c2d5f26
  7. Some sites can't be reached

Some sites can't be reached: There are many sites which can't be reached since i've installed win10, I have tried to change the browsers but it still can't be reached [ATTACH]...
  8. This site can't be reached

This site can't be reached: Why is Win 10 Eating My Internet Traffic?? Multiple browsers Edge, Firefox, Chrome have tried and all fail to connect to a specific site I'm on a Home network behind a Verizon FIOS Quantum router. The router has an ICMP echo ping applet that shows that the site is alive and...
  9. "This site can't be reached"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "This site can't be reached": Hi, I am having issues launching other websites and it keeps displaying "this site can't be reached". Do you have any idea what is happening? And how to fix it? Thank you in advance for your response....
  10. Can't reach a site

in Browsers and Email
    Can't reach a site: Whole week can't reach site Vip mobile | Privatni from any browser from "normal" latest 1903 with any browser. What could it be ? From Fast insider no problem. Any ideas ? 139846