Windows 10: Error :Threat service has stopped. Restart it now

Discus and support Error :Threat service has stopped. Restart it now in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It has been a while since I have the following message: "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now" and when I restart it if refuses and gives me that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Laith H., Sep 30, 2020.

1. Laith H. Win User

Error :Threat service has stopped. Restart it now

It has been a while since I have the following message: "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now" and when I restart it if refuses and gives me that an error has occurred… What should I do!!!

[Original Title: Virus and Threat Protection]

:)

Laith H., Sep 30, 2020

2. WD: "Threat services has stopped" I'm unable to restart/reactivate.

I am not able to activate viruses and threat protection in windows defender

it says threat services has stopped. Restart it now. But nothing happens.

I tried but I am not able to activate viruses and threat

any suggestions regarding this issue? please do reply

* Original title: windows defender

Insiya_1996, Sep 30, 2020
  3. ShawnQH Win User
    Virus & Threat Protection message that says the service has stopped need to Restart and it won't

Just noticed that the Virus & Threat Protection badge had a red x. Opened the Virus & Threat Protection page in settings and message says that the service has stopped and needs to restart. Clicked on the restart button and it spins then throws up a message
    that says "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again." Close the box and hit restart again and get the same routine.

Welcome suggestions for fixing. Thank you!

ShawnQH, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Cairo 7 Win User

"Threat service has stopped. Restart it" What to do ?

Hello there,

My Windows security had a warning that Virus and Threat Protection service has stopped and I have failed to restart it. It gives me this message "Threat service has stopped. Restart it"

I tried to restart it but I got "unexpected error, sorry we ran into a problem .please try again"

I read that this problem can be solved by a Windows update patch released by Microsoft in April

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later.

"Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.313.2779.0) - Error 0x80070643"

"Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version 4.18.2004.6) - Error 0x80070643"

Is there a way to download those updates manually?

Please tell me what I can do in this time and I hope it is not related to re-installing the windows because currently I am currently working from home mainly and I do not have enough time to do re-install the windows.

Cairo 7, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Error :Threat service has stopped. Restart it now - Similar Threads - Error Threat service

2. Threat Service has stopped. Restart it now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Threat Service has stopped. Restart it now.: Hello, I got this problem for a while but I've tried all things all this time but none worked... I tried changing the Registry, try to turn on the services, trying to enable the policy and etc. The thing is that I don't really know what to do anymore with it... Can you guys...
  3. Threat Service has stopped. Restart it now.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Threat Service has stopped. Restart it now.: Hello, I got this problem for a while but I've tried all things all this time but none worked... I tried changing the Registry, try to turn on the services, trying to enable the policy and etc. The thing is that I don't really know what to do anymore with it... Can you guys...
  4. Threat service has stopped, restart it now

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threat service has stopped, restart it now: Hi, I have downloaded and anti vierus to get rid of some of the virus but now it expired. The anti virus makes the windows defender stopped working it shows that it stopped the services and needed to restart. I tried several times but restarting won't help. What to do??...
  5. Threat service has stopped restart it now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Threat service has stopped restart it now: I got this error after installing the Malwarebytes anti-virus and uninstalling it. No matter what i do it just doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threat-service-has-stopped-restart-it-now/db8b52df-2006-43c0-a92d-e706b15a5956
  6. Threat service has stopped . Restart it now

Threat service has stopped . Restart it now: it's want restart but by restarting its faced an error [Original Title: need solution] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/threat-service-has-stopped-restart-it-now/dc1e72e9-6062-438b-ba23-89d21873610d
  7. Threat Service has stopped. Restart it now.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Threat Service has stopped. Restart it now.: So, I just reinstalled new Windows due to BSOD I experienced the day before BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG. The new Windows provide me with update and it failed, so I followed the guidance from the internet. One of which required me to disable several services related to the Windows...
  8. Threat Service Has Stopped, Restart It Now.

Threat Service Has Stopped, Restart It Now.: I get this message every time I go onto Windows Security Defender, as well as every defending thing has been turned off, and it refuses to turn back on. Every time I click "Restart Now," it says there was an "Unexpected Error". I have already tried to use the registry key...
  9. Threat Service Has Stopped, Restart It Now.

Threat Service Has Stopped, Restart It Now.: I get this message every time I go onto Windows Security Defender, as well as every defending thing has been turned off, and it refuses to turn back on. Every time I click "Restart Now," it says there was an "Unexpected Error". I have already tried to use the registry key...
  10. The Threat Service Has Stopped Restart It Now

The Threat Service Has Stopped Restart It Now: I'm running Windows 10 64 bit on a desk top. Red cross through virus and threat protection Updates are complete except for KB2267602 (Definition 1.279.1236.0) -Error 0x80070643 upon attempting to install Attempts to restart the threat service receive "Sorry we ran into a...