Windows 10: Error to save file on the network share.

Discus and support Error to save file on the network share. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello team, The initial configuration was: Server - Windows 2012 not R2 !, workstations - Windows 7. current configuration: The server is the same;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dod, Oct 23, 2020.

1. DOD
    dod Win User

Error to save file on the network share.

Hello team,

The initial configuration was: Server - Windows 2012 not R2 !, workstations - Windows 7.

current configuration: The server is the same; some workstations upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 2004

it sometimes gives an error on windows 10 comps when you try to access or save the file:

"\\server\share\docname is unavailable. if the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected, or disk is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or internet, and then try again. if the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted."

Windows 7 workstations are fine and do not give this error.

Please advice.

Thank you.

:)

2. Nikhar_K Win User

File sharing windows 10 network

Hi Steve,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see shared folders in File Explorer. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

I would suggest you to check if Network discovery is on or not. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Go to Control Panel > Click on
      Network and Internet >
      Click on Network and Sharing Center.

2. Click on Change advance sharing settings
      on the left pane.
    3. Select Turn on network discovery
      under Private and Guest network.
    4. Click on Save changes.

You may also want to refer the article on
    Map a network drive

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Error 0x80004005 when attempting to access Network share

Hi djeyewater,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that it can get difficult at times when your network Share. Accessing shared folders or network locations in Windows is never easy. Whether you’re at home or at work, sharing resources is always more complicated than
    it should be. As classic example is the ‘Windows cannot access computer 0x80004005’ error. However, I recommend you to follow the below steps.

1. Is that computer connected with the domain network?
    2. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    3. Do you have any security software installed on the computer?
    If you open File Explorer, go to
    Network, and see an error message ("Network discovery is turned off…."), you'll need to turn on Network discovery to see devices on the network that are sharing files. I suggest you to follow the below steps.

We can go ahead and try to enable the Network Discovery from Advanced Sharing Settings.

Step 1: Turn on or off Network Discovery in Windows 10.

1. Type network in the search box and choose Network and Sharing Center in the list to open it.
    2. Select Change advanced sharing settings to move on.
    3. Choose Turn on network discovery
      or Turn off network discovery in the settings, and tap
      Save changes.

Step 2: Check if the feature is enabled.

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Windows Feature box will open. Please scroll down and under SMB 1.0 CIFS File Sharing Support, check the boxes next to SMB 1.0/CIFS Client and SMB 1.0/ CIFS Server. If the boxes are already ticked, please unchecked the box and check
      it again.
    6. It will ask you to restart your Computer. Please Restart it.

Step 3: Check if all the required services are running.

1. Now we will need to check four services.

2. Press Windows key + R to open Run. Then type "Services.msc" in the run box and hit enter.

The names of the services which you will need to check are:

• Function Discovery Provide Host.
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication.
    • SSDP Discovery.
    • UPnP Device Host.
    • Also Check for DHCP Client and DNS Client.
    4. Right click on the above services and then go to properties.

5. Under General tab, make sure that the Startup type is automatic and Service status is running.

6. Then go to recovery tab and change all the entries (next to 1st failure, 2nd failure and Subsequent failure) to Restart the Service.

I also recommend you to follow this article
    Changes to file sharing over a network
    in Windows 10.

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes Or No.

Mithin_EJ, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Error to save file on the network share. - Similar Threads - Error save file

2. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files": Hi, allA customer of ours is having this issue when saving to a network drive area. I have already tried -Updated all drivesInstalled all Windows updatesUpdated EdgeUpdate Adobe AcrobatDone an online Office repairchkdsk C: /fsfc /scannowAny suggestions appreciated....
  3. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files": Hi, allA customer of ours is having this issue when saving to a network drive area. I have already tried -Updated all drivesInstalled all Windows updatesUpdated EdgeUpdate Adobe AcrobatDone an online Office repairchkdsk C: /fsfc /scannowAny suggestions appreciated....
  4. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem sharing files and Network Credentials error

Problem sharing files and Network Credentials error: Hello, I'm a new forum member and I could use some help solving some win 10 problems regarding sharing files and a persistent Network credentials expired password and incorrect password errors. I have a new Acer Nitro-5 laptop with a i5, 8 gb, GeForce GTX 1650 using...
  6. Network / File share

Network / File share: I have just about given up trying to share files and folders between computers on my home LAN. I have a desktop PC and a Microsoft Surface, both running fully updated Windows 10. Sometimes, they can see each other in File Explorer under network. Most often they cannot....
  7. File Sharing on the network

File Sharing on the network: I want to share files with other specific users on our small LAN (7 PC's). Here is as far as I can get: I navigate to the file I want to share. Right click on the file Select Give access to Choose "Specific people" In Network Access I find my own sign-on is already...
  8. Network File Sharing

Network File Sharing: I can't figure out how to set up file sharing between my laptop and desktop computers. Turning on file sharing on Control Panel doesn't do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-file-sharing/86e05328-0426-49dc-9068-bf4fc746f87f
  9. network / file sharing

network / file sharing: Hi I have desktop and 2 laptops running windows 10. Homegroup is not available. I have shared the files / folders I want to use but the laptops/PCs only show up as media devices. I have shared the files exactly as shown on your help pages. All 3 devices can link to...
  10. network file sharing

network file sharing: I apologize if this is not allowed here and will understand if it gets removed. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to resolve this. I need this for work. I don't want to have to buy a laptop with Windows just to do this. Thank you everyone. I am...