Windows 10: Error trying to create a disc image

Discus and support Error trying to create a disc image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My hard drive is failing and I have been advised to replace it. I have a Dell Inspiron 2020 All In One desktop. Windows 10 pre installed. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IBleed4Thee, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Error trying to create a disc image

My hard drive is failing and I have been advised to replace it.

I have a Dell Inspiron 2020 All In One desktop. Windows 10 pre installed.

I was advised to create a image disc and a repair disc.

I have never done this before and all other pc's came with disc's.

Went to back up and restore, clicked on create image and got the following error in so many words: excluvise lock on the EF1 sysyem parition 0x8078011E. Try again.

I am afraid that the hard drive is going to die before I can back this up. Didn't have access to DVD's until today.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

IBleed4Thee, Aug 6, 2020

2. cannot create repair disc

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with creating system repair disc. I will certainly help you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know please check if the CD/DVD drive is detecting in Device manager and check for yellow color exclamation mark next to it?

This issue could occur if the media is corrupted, hence you need to replace the media which you are using as some of the media may cause this type of issues while burning. Try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the
    issue.

Step 1.

In the search bar, type recdisc.exe and hit
    Enter.

Step 2.

• Now press Windows key + X and click
      Control Panel (All Items view), and click on the
      Backup and Restore
      icon.
    • Now click on the Create a System recovery disc link in the left blue pane.
    • Insert a blank CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive and click on the Create disc button.
    NOTE: If you are prompted to insert a Windows installation disc, it means that the files needed to create the system repair disc cannot be found on your
    computer. Insert a Windows 10 installation disc.

• It will now start creating the System Repair Disc
    NOTE: If any Auto Play window pops up, just close it.

• When it's finished, click on the Close button.
    • Click on OK.
    • Now remove the remove and label your new Windows 10 System Repair Disc from the CD/DVD drive.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Ankit Rajput, Aug 6, 2020
  3. zithe Win User
    Linux Noob - Ubuntu fails on install GRUB error 2

Did you burn the image on the slowest setting possible? Pop your disc in and try checking the disc for errors (booting from the disc). If it has an error on it then you have a bad install.

I just googled your motherboard and ubuntu... This thread is on the list. XD

If it's a bad install I'd suggest a different version of Ubuntu or to try Fedora instead. I had nothing but trouble with 8.04.

Also, try your connections. Sounds stupid but maybe the CD sent it and the hard drive couldn't get it or some weird thing like that. (Talking out my rear end now, but it's worth a shot)

Sorry I couldn't help more. *Frown Error trying to create a disc image :(

zithe, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Error trying to create a disc image

I am trying to create a System repair disc

Hi Lee,

To better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you trying to create a system repair disc using a USB?
    • May we know the reason why you're creating a system repair disc?

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Error trying to create a disc image

1. Error trying to create a disc image - Similar Threads - Error trying create

2. Trying to create my own image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to create my own image: Hi I am trying to create an image, hopefully over my network preferably, but am having issues with the error in the pictureI am able to use this drive to do the regular Backup and Restore feature, but it will not allow me to do an imageI have also tried to do an image on a...
  3. Trying to create my own image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to create my own image: Hi I am trying to create an image, hopefully over my network preferably, but am having issues with the error in the pictureI am able to use this drive to do the regular Backup and Restore feature, but it will not allow me to do an imageI have also tried to do an image on a...
  4. Error 0x80780166 when trying to create system image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80780166 when trying to create system image: Introduction:It seems like I deleted something I shouldn't have, so for the past few months, Chromium based apps I think that's the commonality haven't been working properly. Google Chrome, Edge, Steam and Quixel Bridge.Mostly they seemed to work, just not display correctly.I...
  5. Error 0x80780166 when trying to create system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x80780166 when trying to create system image: Introduction:It seems like I deleted something I shouldn't have, so for the past few months, Chromium based apps I think that's the commonality haven't been working properly. Google Chrome, Edge, Steam and Quixel Bridge.Mostly they seemed to work, just not display correctly.I...
  6. Error 0x80780166 when trying to create system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Error creating Image in Azure

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Error creating Image in Azure: Hi, Keeps migrating a local server to Azure (Virtual Machine). Have uploaded the VHD file, but when I create an "Image" based on that file I get the error message: quotation Could not create image 'host1'. Error: At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please...
  8. "A Disc Burner Wasn't Found" Error when trying to burn image to disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "A Disc Burner Wasn't Found" Error when trying to burn image to disk: Hello, I am trying to burn a .iso file onto a disk, however, whenever I try doing so (using isoburn.exe), I am greeted with the error message "A disc burner wasn't found. Make sure that a burner is installed properly, and you have the appropriate permissions to burn a disc."...
  9. Creating blue ray image discs.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating blue ray image discs.: I have been trying to make a reimage disc of my windows 10 laptop for I am upgrading to a SSD. I bought several 50gig blue rays. When creating the image, and after about 1.5 hours I get an error to insert a blank media because the current meida was not formatted correctly....
  10. creating repair disc - error 0x8007045d

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    creating repair disc - error 0x8007045d: I am just updating my backup protocol and got to the point of creating a new repair disc. I am using my internal dvd drive on my Acer laptop and using Windows 10. Whatever disc I load gets the error code error 0x8007045d. Searching the net I got one article sugesting I...