Windows 10: Error trying to format my format my pc

Discus and support Error trying to format my format my pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got a trojan virus through a Utorrent and canceled it mid installation when I saw a second fake chrome that was in chinese open in my taskbar, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bruno_706, Nov 17, 2020.

1. bruno_706 Win User

Error trying to format my format my pc

I got a trojan virus through a Utorrent and canceled it mid installation when I saw a second fake chrome that was in chinese open in my taskbar, but it downloaded something in my pc, now I have a bunch of annoying viruses and my files are all corrupt. I took all security measures I could and didnt type any passwords in case there was a keylogger in my pc. I ran the windows security scan and avast security scan several times, and they managed to flush a bunch of viruses out of the system, but theres a virus that keeps trying to redirect my chrome to blacklisted url's and avast keeps blocking them. I also have some leftover corupt files from when I uninstalled adobe flash wich keep giving error messages cause they cant find the other adobe flash files, so i constantly have a error message on screen that i cant close.
    So I decided to format my pc. The problem is, when i tried to format the pc it gave me a message saying "there was a problem reseting your pc", so i google searched how to solve it, the common solution was to run a command to scan for and fix corrupt system files, I ran the command and it said it had fixed the corrupt files, then I restarted the pc and tried to format it again. It didnt work. I've ran out of ideas and I qam desperate, please help!

:)

bruno_706, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 17, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Error trying to format my format my pc

Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Error trying to format my format my pc

1. Error trying to format my format my pc - Similar Threads - Error trying format

2. My PC formatted itself?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC formatted itself?: Last thing i did on my laptop was playing a game, which was 2 days ago this happened. I didn't open my laptop for 2 days as I had other stuff to do otherwhere. I come home, knowing nobody touched my laptop, opened it and in the lock screen there was a default wallpaper. First...
  3. My PC formatted itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC formatted itself?: Last thing i did on my laptop was playing a game, which was 2 days ago this happened. I didn't open my laptop for 2 days as I had other stuff to do otherwhere. I come home, knowing nobody touched my laptop, opened it and in the lock screen there was a default wallpaper. First...
  4. My PC formatted itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error on formating my laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error on formating my laptop: Any help to resolve this problem is useful to resolve my problem. Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-formating-my-laptop/43376278-2451-49e7-bf59-36095c1ab0b8
  6. Error on formating my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error on formating my laptop: Any help to resolve this problem is useful to resolve my problem. Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-formating-my-laptop/43376278-2451-49e7-bf59-36095c1ab0b8
  7. Error on formating my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't even format my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't even format my pc: Hey, first of all all of my problems started with the usb i plugged in at my computer (it was kingston). Apperantly, it had some trojans etc but my licenced kaspersky found it and removed it. But just before the removal, it wanted to restart computer so i did. Everything was...
  9. Formatting my PC question

Formatting my PC question: If I format my PC through windows 10 will it delete all my drivers also? I want to completely wipe everything and start from scratch submitted by /u/jjaxop [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/euc0wy/formatting_my_pc_question/
  10. Formatting my PC

Formatting my PC: My PC is filling up with trash and it's slowing it down, so i thought to backup the few things i actually care about and format it. I read that the operating system will be deleted, too. Is there a way to delete everything but the operating system? Going back to factory...