Windows 10: Error trying to open files. Says my internet security settings has blocked one or more...

Discus and support Error trying to open files. Says my internet security settings has blocked one or more... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, ever since I recently updated windows, whenever I try to open or move one or more downloaded files, a message pop up say that "Opening these... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mgg79, Oct 19, 2020.

1. mgg79 Win User

Error trying to open files. Says my internet security settings has blocked one or more...

Hello, ever since I recently updated windows, whenever I try to open or move one or more downloaded files, a message pop up say that "Opening these files maybe harmfil to your computer. Your internet security settings has blocked one or more files from being opened". How do I fix this?

:)

mgg79, Oct 19, 2020

2. Internet security settings

Hi Keith,

It is unusual that you are getting the error message when you try to open the mentioned programs. In order to identify if this is due to some changes in the internet settings, I suggest you to reset Internet explore rand check if the issue persists. Follow
    the steps provided in the help article below:

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 19, 2020
  3. rickard Win User
    Internet Security Settings set

Error trying to open files. Says my internet security settings has blocked one or more... ThesefilesCannotbeopened_zpsf520b7b3.jpg

Windows 7 64 bit
    ESet Security

I cannot open or run almost any downloaded software.

I have worked on this issues for weeks, now I have to ask.

Not able to open programs from intel and others, this issue started out as a slight problem if I run under compatibility,now compatible is doesn't work.

I am trying to run CPU-Z its in my internet safe zone, it is in my Fire Wall exception, I am running Eset Security I have disabled all the security programs a downloads. I have even seen this when I click on a link from my side bar. But today I can click on the links and they open. I am trying to get it as a torrent file to see if I can run it thought that download, don't know yet.

When I used windows to check why I can't load the program it always replies that it not compatible. Even files I have downloaded a few months ago which ran, give me the same error notice. I can down load CPU-z as a torrent and it will run fine.

rickard, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Error trying to open files. Says my internet security settings has blocked one or more...

can't run install file ' these files can't be opened'

Or this might work:

Method 1: Reset Internet Explorer security zone settings to their default level

To reset Internet Explorer security zone settings to their default level, follow these steps:
    • Start Internet Explorer.
    • Click Tools, and then click Internet options.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click Reset all zones to default level, and then click OK.

garydexter, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Error trying to open files. Says my internet security settings has blocked one or more...

1. Error trying to open files. Says my internet security settings has blocked one or more... - Similar Threads - Error trying open

2. My internet isnt working and it says no internet secured.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet isnt working and it says no internet secured.: Hello,My internet is connected on Windows 11 and they say no internet secured ihave tried all the commands and the problems but this error could not be fixed sometimes it says The DNS server isnt responding sometimes its says you have no network connected adapter i have been...
  3. My internet isnt working and it says no internet secured.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internet isnt working and it says no internet secured.: Hello,My internet is connected on Windows 11 and they say no internet secured ihave tried all the commands and the problems but this error could not be fixed sometimes it says The DNS server isnt responding sometimes its says you have no network connected adapter i have been...
  4. All .exe files blocked: "These files can't be opened. Your Internet security settings...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All .exe files blocked: "These files can't be opened. Your Internet security settings...: For a couple of days now, I've had this issue with my PC Win10. *Any* file I try to open, this message pops up. I know the first thing to do would normally be to adjust the internet security settings, but that did not fix the issue for me also, I had to navigate to those from...
  5. All .exe files blocked: "These files can't be opened. Your Internet security settings...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All .exe files blocked: "These files can't be opened. Your Internet security settings...: For a couple of days now, I've had this issue with my PC Win10. *Any* file I try to open, this message pops up. I've seen people recommending to adjust your internet options, but that did not fix the issue for me also, I had to navigate to these options from the control...
  6. All .exe files blocked: "These files can't be opened. Your Internet security settings...

All .exe files blocked: "These files can't be opened. Your Internet security settings...: For a couple of days now, I've had this issue with my PC Win10. *Any* file I try to open, this message pops up. I've seen people recommending to adjust your internet options, but that did not fix the issue for me also, I had to navigate to these options from the control...
  7. "Your Internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your Internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened": "Your Internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened"Error or Message displayed while opening any application does not let open internet options or inetcpl.cpl either same for regedit as well what can be done to fix ??...
  8. "Your Internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened"

"Your Internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened": "Your Internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened"Error or Message displayed while opening any application does not let open internet options or inetcpl.cpl either same for regedit as well what can be done to fix ??...
  9. No internet, Secured. But more complicated.

No internet, Secured. But more complicated.: So my pc has been working completely fine all day and i restarted it because my nvidia drivers werent working. After the restart my pc refuses to connect to ethernet, or wifi. I have a pcie wifi card and have tried 2 different ones in my system. I have followed other guides...
  10. Security warning, some content is blocked when opening one of my rtf files

Security warning, some content is blocked when opening one of my rtf files: When I open one of my rtf files a popup displays: Security warning, some content is blocked Some content of this document has been blocked because the source of this document might not be trusted... I did a search on this & tried a number of things but can't get rid of this...