Windows 10: Error: Unsupported file format while trying to import minecraft world

Discus and support Error: Unsupported file format while trying to import minecraft world in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My son was tasked with a "tech expo" project at school in which he chose to create minecraft world content and record sessions while doing it. At... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bigman02271984, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Error: Unsupported file format while trying to import minecraft world

My son was tasked with a "tech expo" project at school in which he chose to create minecraft world content and record sessions while doing it. At school he created his minecraft world and began building it - has worked on it for about a month. The technology teacher exported his Minecraft world and asked that he finish up the project while at home for the holidays.

I have purchased the Minecraft full game and installed on my Windows 10 Home computer. (tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times due to this issue)

I then found the file path to where minecraft worlds are saved:

We are unable to "import" his Minecraft world that he created at school so he can continue his project.

Initial game action when we try to import world: Level import started

Error: Level import failed: Unsupported file format

the file is a ".mcworld" file format

Just to troubleshoot, I even created a brand new world in Minecraft - played for 5 min, then saved it. Then exported the game. The saved file format is the exact same as the one I received from my sons teacher: ".mcworld"

I then deleted that particular world... and then tried to import the saved file we just exported, and the same error occurs.

I have been on and off the phone with Microsoft Support for the last 3 hours with no resolution. They even passed me back to xbox live support twice and xbox live immediately stated that because it's an issue on Windows 10, and I've tried from an adult account with full permissions, that there was NOTHING they could do and immediately transferred me back to Microsoft tech support. Very frustrating, this ping pong transferring me back and forth.

I asked the last Microsoft technician to elevate the issue and he stated that he could not and provided me a broken link for forums:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_on_windows_support/default.aspx
    (THIS LINK DOES NOT WORK!! - techs should stop using it and Microsoft should update their virtual helper who also provided the link while I was troubleshooting on my own)

I then searched and found this forum and I am now posting here. WHY CAN WE NOT IMPORT Minecraft worlds back into the minecraft game!!??

Note #1: I did notice that when you create a new world, the file(s) for that game are all broken out into many packages for all the settings you used during world creation settings (world behavior, difficulty, etc). This leads me to believe that when you import the saved file back into the game, the game should essentially "unpackage" that file into a similar format for gameplay. This doesn't seem to be happening. I would have reported this to Mojang, but I couldn't find a way to do it. Everything points to Microsoft now.

Note #2: I did some research online and found that others have had this exact same issue for years, and apparently no one has posted a fix - at least I couldn't find one.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

:)

Bigman02271984, Dec 27, 2018

2. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Lost Worlds

Hi Harry,

To better help you with your concern about the missing world in the game Minecraft, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

How to recover missing Minecraft world:

• Click the start button and search %appdata%.
    • Find and enter the .minecraft folder.
    • Find the saves folder and right-click it, there should be an option called restore previous versions.

If the issue persists after doing the steps provided above, we recommend that you submit a request regarding this matter on this

link

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Lost Worlds

There is NO .minecraft/saves folder. MANY people have said that

Jamie S.Reich, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Error: Unsupported file format while trying to import minecraft world

Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition: Unable to connect to world

Hi Angelito,

The game server error is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to connect to the Minecraft world. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were you able to connect to an external server on Minecraft before?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?
    • Do you have a firewall (or antivirus firewall)? If yes, try to disable it.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This could help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Error: Unsupported file format while trying to import minecraft world

1. Error: Unsupported file format while trying to import minecraft world - Similar Threads - Error Unsupported file

2. APCH format unsupported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    APCH format unsupported: Hi There, I am attempting to view videos from a site called Vecteezy.com. It says that the video is unsupported and is using APCH format. Is this a codec I could download?...
  3. APCH format unsupported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    APCH format unsupported: Hi There, I am attempting to view videos from a site called Vecteezy.com. It says that the video is unsupported and is using APCH format. Is this a codec I could download?...
  4. minecraft worlds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    minecraft worlds: i reset my pc and now all of my minecraft worlds are gone. is there a way i can get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-worlds/4b23f443-26e3-4910-ba9d-4fd542e90ad9
  5. Not able to See The List of files or drive while trying to import files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to See The List of files or drive while trying to import files: Hi Team, Please assist me to fix below issue. The concern is how do i find file list or drives list in red lines area when trying to import the files from other installed application or from browser window. As you see below window snap shot i'm not able to see the...
  6. Minecraft world

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft world: Hey microsoft! My favourite world in minecraft got deleted can you help me please: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-world/8307eb90-a792-45e0-8987-bed62152495b
  7. minecraft world

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    minecraft world: I got a virus on my computer so I wiped the entire thing clean except my files. I redownloaded Minecraft and my world vanished and it wasn't in my files anymore. Can you help me get it back? Also its on the java edition and I previously had the windows 10 version so I could...
  8. Unsupported SD Card format

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unsupported SD Card format: Hi there!! I connected an SD Card and Windows tells me to format it if I want to use it. I need the data inside it, how can I do to transfer it's data anywhere else or to use it safely without formatting?? Thanks, hoping this has solution!!!! submitted by /u/Lukss_203...
  9. Minecraft world: the world disappeared

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft world: the world disappeared: The world in Minecraft disappeared after shutting down the computer. What is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-world-the-world-disappeared/a2d76894-f681-46de-965e-65dbc893f146"
  10. Why Unsupported format files are opening with chinese format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why Unsupported format files are opening with chinese format: Just wanted to know why if we open the unsupported format files are getting opened in Chinese format, Any reason for that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-unsupported-format-files-are-opening-with/7e4e0320-f0da-43ce-9d36-b7adb1e3c112

Users found this page by searching for:

1. minecraft import unsupported format

2. tutorial world file unsupported minecraft

3. minecraft level import failed unsupported file format

4. .mcworld unsupported file format,
  5. mcworld file unsupported,
  6. should i disable the antiviras to download an unsupported file,
  7. unsupported file format minecraft,
  8. minecraft mcworld unsupported file format,
  9. level import failed unsupported file format,
  10. minecraft win ten unsupported file format