Windows 10: Error update, installing and uninstalling apps error 0x87e00017, error 0x80073cfa, error...

Discus and support Error update, installing and uninstalling apps error 0x87e00017, error 0x80073cfa, error... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've been using Gamepass for windows with the xbox app for a while now and while it has had its occasional problems, I've generally been able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlieNfr0mUrAnus, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Error update, installing and uninstalling apps error 0x87e00017, error 0x80073cfa, error...

Hello, I've been using Gamepass for windows with the xbox app for a while now and while it has had its occasional problems, I've generally been able to fix them. Now though as I try to update either the flight simulator 2020 or the master chief collection, I get an error 0x87e00017. It refuses to update using xbox app and windows store both. When I tried to uninstall the games, it also gave an error 0x80073cfa and asked to do it later, but of course it won't work later. I also tried moving the game to another drive, but then it gave the error 0x80073cf0. So essentially Microsoft is holding 300MB of my SSD hostage. The drive can't even be formatted because it is "in use" and of course the WindowsApp folder cannot be deleted. This honestly compares to a ransomware. I already cancelled my Gamepass subscription as what is the point in paying for it if I can't play the games.

The issue is probably somehow related to where the games are installed. By default the xbox app installs to C:drive which I only have about 20Gb free space on after the OS is installed, so I install all my apps on other drives. The current drive that seems to have issues is the my E: drive 1TB SSD.

What I have tried:

• Microsoft Store troubleshooting program
    • wsreset.exe
    • Reinstalled the xbox app
    • Restarted computer multiple times as well as updated to latest windows update
    • Reinstall game impossible as there is no option for it, only uninstall which again doesn't work
    • Change app installation folder to something else and back again has sometimes worked but not this time
    • Some CMD commands that didn't work
    • Repair from advanced app options doesn't do anything, just adds a check mark next to the option

Is there any option left other than a reinstall of windows entirely? I will eventually need to update my C drive from 128gb to 1T SSD, but surely there is another way.

Update:

I think I've managed to somehow delete most of the MCC and Flight sim files since I started writing this as my E drive now has more space on it, though I do not know how that happened. I still have these games in the xbox app as if they needed an update but I still get the same errors trying to update or uninstall them. So now it seems like the store/xbox app thinks I still have them installed even though they don't exist.

Now when I click "play" on the game they have not been updated, xbox app doesn't say they need to be updatedas the game is pretty much broken now anyway it takes me to windows store page of "Gaming Services" which is already installed. At least my SSD has more free space now, but it also renders my Xbox app rather useless and means I have no reason to use game pass. I would like to as it is a great service, it just doesn't work as reliably as steam does and I'd be paying for nothing if I can't update the main games I want to play.

-Juuso

:)

AlieNfr0mUrAnus, Nov 18, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Nov 18, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    I can't uninstall store apps, sometimes error 0x80073cfa

These?

• Psexec by Sysinternals;
    • DB Browser for SQLite.

the technical hint common to both links related to your error number is

I've not had to deal with this, but have used - as many do- Sysinternals (now MS) tools, so can only point you in this direction,

dalchina, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Error update, installing and uninstalling apps error 0x87e00017, error 0x80073cfa, error...

I can't uninstall store apps, sometimes error 0x80073cfa

I can't uninstall store apps and sometimes I received the error 0x80073cfa. The errand apps stay in the Start Menu also. Since I tried to uninstall the specified apps, they will no longer open. I can't even re-install them. Is this a MS Store bug? All this is happening in a new local user profile I created.

lintek25475, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Error update, installing and uninstalling apps error 0x87e00017, error 0x80073cfa, error...

1. Error update, installing and uninstalling apps error 0x87e00017, error 0x80073cfa, error... - Similar Threads - Error update installing

2. Microsoft Store Error 0x87e00017

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store Error 0x87e00017: I am trying to download 1 game which starts but after 2Gb downloaded it gives the error 0x87e00017, I have tried several solutions but none of them work, does anyone know how to solve it? submitted by /u/Sea_Rub1147 [link] [comments]...
  3. Error updating, installing and uninstalling applications error 0x87e00017, error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error updating, installing and uninstalling applications error 0x87e00017, error...: Hi, I have been using Gamepass for Windows with the Xbox app for a while now and although it has had occasional issues, I have generally been able to fix them. Now however when I try to update flight simulator 2020 I get an error 0x87e00017. Refusing to update using the Xbox...
  4. Error updating, installing and uninstalling applications error 0x87e00017, error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error updating, installing and uninstalling applications error 0x87e00017, error...: Hi, I have been using Gamepass for Windows with the Xbox app for a while now and although it has had occasional issues, I have generally been able to fix them. Now however when I try to update flight simulator 2020 I get an error 0x87e00017. Refusing to update using the Xbox...
  5. Error updating, installing and uninstalling applications error 0x87e00017, error...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Error code : 0x80073CFA

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error code : 0x80073CFA: Error code : 0x80073CFA how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x80073cfa/0a8f1bd9-1ce9-439a-9818-069747f6cc4e
  7. Cannot uninstall or update Store apps Error 0x80070057, along with 0x80073CF9 or 0x80073CFA

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot uninstall or update Store apps Error 0x80070057, along with 0x80073CF9 or 0x80073CFA: I have lost the ability to uninstall or update a large number of third-party Store apps. I get an error 0x80070057 in conjunction with either 0x80073CF9 during update or 0x80073CFA during uninstallation. The apps themselves continue to work okay though. Here is an example...
  8. Can't remove W10 packages - error 0x80073CFA

Can't remove W10 packages - error 0x80073CFA: Hi Some windows 10 applications don't work on my computer. They open for a short while and then close immediately. I tried to remove the package (Microsoft App Store) using shell command ; Remove-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe But received the...
  9. I can't uninstall store apps, sometimes error 0x80073cfa

I can't uninstall store apps, sometimes error 0x80073cfa: I can't uninstall store apps and sometimes I received the error 0x80073cfa. The errand apps stay in the Start Menu also. Since I tried to uninstall the specified apps, they will no longer open. I can't even re-install them. Is this a MS Store bug? All this is happening in a...
  10. I can't uninstall store apps, sometimes error 0x80073cfa

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't uninstall store apps, sometimes error 0x80073cfa: I can't uninstall store apps and sometimes I received the error 0x80073cfa. The errand apps stay in the Start Menu also. Since I tried to uninstall the specified apps, they will no longer open. I can't even re-install them. Is this a MS Store bug? All this is happening in a...
Tags: