Windows 10: Error updating HP WMR Headset Firmware

Discus and support Error updating HP WMR Headset Firmware in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to set up my HP Mixed Reality Headset on a new computer and I'm getting an error. My Mixed Reality portal hangs forever on the 'updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by netbattler11, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Error updating HP WMR Headset Firmware

I'm trying to set up my HP Mixed Reality Headset on a new computer and I'm getting an error.

My Mixed Reality portal hangs forever on the 'updating your headset firmware' step. In the device manager, the headset shows up with the name 'HoloLens Sensors' and the properties has the message 'Device Error : 0x80040201 : E_DEVICE_FIRMWARE_UPDATED'. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device, the driver, and the Mixed Reality portal.

:)

netbattler11, Jun 2, 2020

2. WMR no longer working after last update (October 2019)

After the last windows update KB4524147 which included an update for the WMR drivers. I am getting a 14-2 error code and the WMR portal does not recognise my HP WMR headset. I can redo my boundry etc but the headset shows no display.

I updated the GEFORCE display driver to the newest version...

PhilipCharleston, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Lenovo Explorer WMR - Error Code 2181038087-5

I've been struggling to get my brand-new Lenovo Explorer to work. I have 2 VR capable computers, both well within specs for WMR, both throw error code 2181038087-5 despite my exhaustive efforts.

Here are the specs,

Main PC:

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K
    • Ram: 32GB DDR3
    • MB Chipset: Intel Z97
    • GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
    • Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, Build 17134.112
    • Screenshot of Device Manager and WMR error code: Imgur

Streaming PC:

• CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
    • Ram: 16GB DDR4
    • MB Chipset: AMD B350
    • GPU: RX480 8GB
    • Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, Build 17134.112
    • Screenshot of Device Manager and WMR error code: Imgur

So far, I have attempted, on both machines:

• Unplugging all other devices and hubs on USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports
    • Unplugging and plugging back in the HMD into a different port
    • Confirming Host controllers have Microsoft drivers (see pictures)
    • Updating UEFI to latest firmware
    • Disabling USB selective suspend settings
    • Disabling Legacy USB Support in UEFI
    • Uninstalling all USB controllers and devices in the Device Manager, and allowing them to reinstall on a restart
    • Installing beta versions of the "HoloLens Sensors" firmware
    • Plugging HMD into a powered hub

Suggestions?

Andrew-Bahls, Jun 2, 2020
  4. LouDizzy Win User

Error updating HP WMR Headset Firmware

Recent WMR updates have completely broken WMR for me

Ever since the latest WMR updates, WMR hasn't worked correctly at all for me:

• Edge won't play WebVR videos. After the update this worked intermittently (Edge would play a video, but crash). After the most recent Edge update it's been completely broken. Usually the videos are black and when I click the googles to go into immersive
      mode nothing happens. At best, many sites tell me to get a WebVR compatible browser. Note I've tried this with and without the 360 viewer plugin. Doesn't seem to make a difference.
    • I have a laptop with an external graphics card. I used to be able to plug my headset into the laptop's HDMI port. Now this is broken. The headset won't start up unless it's plugged into the external graphics card, which is extremely inconvenient and doesn't
      seem to work correctly with SteamVR (Steam VR will keep telling me my headset needs to be plugged into my primary display).
    • For some reason every time I start Edge now, Steam VR starts up and then crashes. Then Edge crashes. And this cycle repeats.
    So my headset's basically a worthless brick right now and has been for a couple of months. I can get into the cliff house but that's about it. I keep hoping the next windows update will fix this but no luck so far. I'm not sure what to do.
    Everything worked flawlessly before that WMR update.

LouDizzy, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Error updating HP WMR Headset Firmware

1. Error updating HP WMR Headset Firmware - Similar Threads - Error updating WMR

2. Error Code 1-8 in Windows Mixed Reality WMR on HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 1-8 in Windows Mixed Reality WMR on HP Reverb G2 VR Headset: Greetings, <Background> I use VR quite often and bought a Reverb G2 about a year ago. Though in December of last year, it burned out and I was sent a replacement strangely passed off as my original headset the serial numbers differed. Regardless, it mostly has worked, though...
  3. Error Code 1-8 in Windows Mixed Reality WMR on HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code 1-8 in Windows Mixed Reality WMR on HP Reverb G2 VR Headset: Greetings, <Background> I use VR quite often and bought a Reverb G2 about a year ago. Though in December of last year, it burned out and I was sent a replacement strangely passed off as my original headset the serial numbers differed. Regardless, it mostly has worked, though...
  4. BSoD After updating firmware HP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD After updating firmware HP: When I updated my BIOS, all was normal. Until I launched games like ROBLOX, that's when it got crazy. It kept on giving me Bluescreens in some important driver files. I believe my display driver graphics card lol might be the culprit. I've gotten over 20 Hardware Fails in...
  5. BSoD After updating firmware HP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSoD After updating firmware HP: When I updated my BIOS, all was normal. Until I launched games like ROBLOX, that's when it got crazy. It kept on giving me Bluescreens in some important driver files. I believe my display driver graphics card lol might be the culprit. I've gotten over 20 Hardware Fails in...
  6. Lenovo Explorer WMR headset times out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Explorer WMR headset times out: Whenever I try to start mixed reality portal, I get the error 15-13 Timeout. I have the device connected with HDMI, it has worked many times before and I am updated to the most recent version of windows 10 and Nvidia drivers. I have also tried changing the USB connection and...
  7. hp firmware optional update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hp firmware optional update: along with the compulsory updates, i have 2 hp optional updates. 1 is something to do with my keyboard and the other is hp firmware 15.61.0.0. last time i installed one of these hp firmware updates, it was actually a bios update in disguise which should only be done if...
  8. Left WMR Controller stuck updating firmware. Please Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left WMR Controller stuck updating firmware. Please Help!: I have the Samsung Odyssey with 2 controllers for about a year. It was good until the left controller started to constantly disconnect and would need to be turned off and on. It gotten worse to the point where this would happen within minutes of being turned on. After doing...
  9. HP Inc firmware update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Inc firmware update: hello while updating windows updates there was HP Inc firmware update waiting in the list in hp laptop [HP 15 da0327tu] I immedietly paused the update as I was scared of updating the BIOS SOME EXPERT ADVISE NEEDED I also unistalled HP support assistant because of...
  10. No enhancement tabs when connecting headset via WMR headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No enhancement tabs when connecting headset via WMR headset: Since reinstalling windows a week ago i can't get the enhancement tabs to show up when connecting the headset to my Medion Erazer X1000. I've tried different versions of the realtek driver without luck and went back to the recommended version of my motherboard (asus prime...