Windows 10: Error updating Intel HD VGA driver & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers

Discus and support Error updating Intel HD VGA driver & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Here is my Desktop configuration: [img] I want to run a software called DaVinci Resolve (its an editing & grading software). The problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShitijKohli, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Error updating Intel HD VGA driver & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers

Hello,

Here is my Desktop configuration:

Error updating Intel HD VGA driver & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers [​IMG]

I want to run a software called DaVinci Resolve (its an editing & grading software). The problem is that the software is not playing/previewing video footage, it shows a black window instead of showing the video being played.

Error updating Intel HD VGA driver & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers [​IMG]

When I posted this issue to DaVinci Resolve team, they suggested me to update my Intel HD VGA driver for motherboard & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers & then check if this solves the issue.

I downloaded the Intel VGA drivers from:
    PRIME Z370-A Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA

But when I ran the setup file, it gave me the following error:

The driver being installed is not validated for this computer.
    Please obtain the appropriate driver from computer manufacturer.
    Setup will exit.

This error took me to Intel® Driver & Support Assistant, which scanned my system and told me that my intel software is up to date. I have attached the intel driver detailed report.

Then I installed the NVIDIA STUDIO driver & updated the drivers.
    After updation, i restarted my PC & it went into a spin...no files were opening, i clicked anything, it wont open even after multiple clicks...then i did multiple restarts, but the problem didnt solve.

Then a friend suggested me to check the Windows 10 update, if there are some update from Windows which I haven't updated and that might have caused an error.

So I checked for windows 10 updates and there were updates to be made. So I made the updates & thought this might solve the issue. I restarted, this time, my system was opening applications like Chrome, word etc at the start but in a min or so would completely freeze everything.

Then i also came to know that i should have installed the NVIDIA drivers using CUSTOM UPDATE and choosing CLEAN INSTALL. So i again installed the NVIDIA drivers with clean install.

But it again had the same issue, PC starts but then in a min or so of starting it will completely freeze off...this time I waited to see if it will ever come back to normal...and it did become normal in 10-15 mins.

I made 3-4 restarts and the same thing happened all the time...then I finally checked the Task Manager.

There was a file called: Windows Font Cache Service which was eating my resources on starting & that used to freeze my system. After 10-15 mins, the file would go from High Priority to low priority and my system would become workable.

So I saw a youtube video to disable this Windows Font Cache Service file on starting...and disabled it. Now the system seems fine.

But I am not sure what happened to my PC today???
    What did I do wrong & what should i have done???
    Why were my VGA drivers not updated???
    Why did I have Windows Font Cache Service error???

And why am I still unable to play DaVinci resolve. So the problem still remains the same, after doing so much work.

Could anyone help me in this case?
    I have also attached the NFO file for my system and also DaVinci log files which the software guys demand from me to see the issue.

Hopefully someone could help. Thanks!!!

:)

ShitijKohli, Aug 29, 2019
  2. dhanx Win User

x64 Windows 10 Intel HD Graphics Drivers

Hi, having a problem with x64 Windows 10 and Intel HD graphics.

It's a Thinkpad T410 Core i5 with integrated Intel HD graphics.

I'm stuck on the basic graphics card driver or the generic VGA card driver.

Windows update looks like it's trying to update to the Intel drivers, but fails with:

Intel corporation driver update for intel(r) hd graphics - error 0x80246007

Searches suggest removing graphics card using device manager - then retrying, but this doesn't solve, it just repeats with same error.

Also tried downloading the drivers directly from Intel:

Download Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows® 10, 64-bit*
    and selecting the .inf file to update directly, but get a 'failed to update' error.

If you use Setup.exe in the Intel .zip file, it gives you 'Computer does not meet minimum requirements for installing this software' - so perhaps Intel driver does not like final Windows 10 release.

Had 32 bit Windows 10 on yesterday and all OK, so seems to be an x64 problem.

Anyone had similar or have been able to resolve?

Thanks

dhanx, Aug 29, 2019
  3. SG2015SG Win User
    VGA driver Update for windows 10.

I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Widows 8.1 (pre-installed) , on my "ACER Aspire E1 472P- 6491" laptop by taking advantage of the free upgrade offer and successfully activated Windows 10 .

As per ACER (
    http://www.acer.com
    ) , the VGA driver for windows 10 should be updated ( downloaded & installed ) to “NVIDIA VGA Driver 10, ver- 18.13.5350” . The Laptop "ACER Aspire E1 472P- 6491" has got “ INTEL HD Graphics Card “

I want to know if “NVIDIA VGA Driver 10, ver- 18.13.5350” will be suitable for the INTEL card/hardware ? Will this not create any display or other problems later . I have come to know that many people have faced problems after upgradation of
    BIOS & drivers. Shall welcome comments from experts and/or someone who has upgraded VGA drivers after Windows 10 installation . Thanks

==================================================

SG2015SG, Aug 29, 2019
  4. SG2015SG Win User

Error updating Intel HD VGA driver & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers

Hi Santosh ! Thanks for your reply .

1.0 I searched suitable BIOS / Drivers online on Acer website only by giving details e.g. Acer Model Name (Aspire E1-472P) and SNID No. only . I am not sure if Acer has taken note of "INTEL HD Graphics Card " in my laptop while suggesting
    NVIDIA VGA Driver ver. 1018.13.5350 (428 MB ). Please confirm .

2.0 I have come to know that many people have faced problems after upgradation of BIOS & drivers and therefore my confidence was shaken . Shall I go
    for "
    NVIDIA VGA Driver 10, ver- 18.13.5350" or not . Acer has no further advice .

3.0 In my laptop present display resolution is
    1366 x 768 . I want to know if the resolution can be increased to 1920 x 1080 after installation of
    NVIDIA VGA Driver ver. 1018.13.5350
    . Or otherwise what are other methods ?

Your advice/comments are welcome. Thanks

==============================================================================

SG2015SG, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Error updating Intel HD VGA driver & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers

1. Error updating Intel HD VGA driver & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers - Similar Threads - Error updating Intel

2. IS Nvidia VGA Drivers the same as Game Ready/Studio Drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IS Nvidia VGA Drivers the same as Game Ready/Studio Drivers?: Hi there,following on from my title, I am attempting to reinstall Windows again and I am a laptop user so want to install all the important drivers from my laptop manufacturer. However, for whatever reason, the VGA drivers for my specific GPU is not available to download from...
  3. IS Nvidia VGA Drivers the same as Game Ready/Studio Drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IS Nvidia VGA Drivers the same as Game Ready/Studio Drivers?: Hi there,following on from my title, I am attempting to reinstall Windows again and I am a laptop user so want to install all the important drivers from my laptop manufacturer. However, for whatever reason, the VGA drivers for my specific GPU is not available to download from...
  4. IS Nvidia VGA Drivers the same as Game Ready/Studio Drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Intel HD Graphic driver not updating

Intel HD Graphic driver not updating: I've download intel hd graphic driver set up.exe from my manufactures website for the supporteed windows version, still when I run it shuts off automatically and a cmd windows open up like this and set up closes. My system info HP Notebook 15-bs542tu OS-windows 10 pro 64...
  6. Error updating Intel HD VGA driver & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Error updating Intel HD VGA driver & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers: Hello, Here is my Desktop configuration: [img] I want to run a software called DaVinci Resolve (its an editing & grading software). The problem is that the software is not playing/previewing video footage, it shows a black window instead of showing the video being played....
  7. Intel hd graphic driver

Intel hd graphic driver: my laptop is running a corei5 m460 cpu it came preinstalled with windows 7 so i upgraded to windows 10 but i faced a problem i tried looking for the graphic driver using the internet search function in device manger but it just says the best driver is allready installed (...
  8. update intel hd graphic 3000 driver

update intel hd graphic 3000 driver: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) {Bad Image} %hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your...
  9. intel hd graphics driver

intel hd graphics driver: i am running intel i3 1st gen m330 2.13 GHz processor with in-built intel HD graphics (core i3). before upgrading to windows 10 whenever I used to play any pc games the display scaled to full screen but after upgrading to windows 10 play the games I want to play at low...
  10. Intel HD Graphics Driver Update Failed

Intel HD Graphics Driver Update Failed: Product Name: HP ENVY DESKTOP 750 124 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) HP Support Assistiant Action Log reported an update was needed for th Intel HD Graphics Driver.* Upon exectucting the update a message box indicates "A seperate installer has lauched....