Windows 10: Error upon exiting sleep mode

Discus and support Error upon exiting sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga running Windows 10 Every time I re-awake my laptop from sleep mode, I get the following error message: “:( Your PC ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MadelaineKineshanko, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Error upon exiting sleep mode

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga running Windows 10 Every time I re-awake my laptop from sleep mode, I get the following error message:

Error upon exiting sleep mode :( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some info, and then we’ll restart for you.

If you would like to know more, you can search online later for this error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA – rtwlanu.sys”

My laptop then re-boots and I have to re-select my wi-fi connection. Any help in solving this problem is greatly appreciated.

:)

MadelaineKineshanko, Jun 28, 2019
  2. kn00tcn Win User

Pc restart after exiting sleep mode

well if it works within 5min, sounds like it could be losing power

'restarts after exiting sleep mode' do you mean it acts like a fresh cold boot? or you see the windows logging off screens, then it restarts?

i never use sleep or hibernate, risk of losing the session & waste of hard drive space

kn00tcn, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Error upon exiting sleep mode

Sleep Mode Issue after windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message you get when you say " not able to login after my machine goes on sleep mode or even if i would have selected same. Request immediate resolution for same"?
    Please follow the method mentioned below:

Method 1: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Error upon exiting sleep mode

1. Error upon exiting sleep mode - Similar Threads - Error upon exiting

2. Getting stuck on lock screen after exiting sleep mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Getting stuck on lock screen after exiting sleep mode: I currently have windows 10 on my HP laptop which I've owned for 2-ish years now and last night I began to have a problem with starting up my computer from sleep mode. After being closed for a few minutes and entering sleep mode my PC will open to the picture for my lock...
  3. WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error on sleep exit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error on sleep exit: Hi Guru I'm getting repeating one per a week bluescreen with "WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" code. According to you proposals used both: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth sfc /scannow All is clean and no violations reported. I've uploaded 2 dmp files for...
  4. Sluggish computer and sound skipping after exiting sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish computer and sound skipping after exiting sleep mode: I just upgraded the PC from an Intel 4690k to a Ryzen 5 3600. So, new motherboard, cpu, and ram but kept the old hard drive, video card, power supply. After the PC exits sleep mode, it is sluggish with the mouse sort of skipping across the screen during movement. Sound...
  5. Sleep mode error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode error: As of February I've had an issue regarding leaving my pc on sleep, the following morning I found I had to restart (without signs of any error) from the beginning. The times where I'm still awake I noticed the pc make noise after being put into sleep as if trying to run-only...
  6. BSOD upon ENTERING sleep mode

BSOD upon ENTERING sleep mode: Hi, I have an Acer Laptop that was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (Please see system info below). I had some problems with (seemingly) random restarts before but that seemed to have resolved itself But since yesterday, the Laptop gives me a BSOD whenever it tries...
  7. Resolution Resetting upon Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution Resetting upon Sleep Mode: Hey there! I am using my Insignia TV as my monitor off my HP ProDesk Mini with a DisplayPort->HDMI cable. The default and recommended HP display setting is 1920*1080. However that display is stretched beyond the screen and the font is blurry, etc. The only solution I have...
  8. BSOD when exiting sleep mode 0x000000d1

BSOD when exiting sleep mode 0x000000d1: When I put my computer in sleep mode and after some time try to wake it, my computer shuts off and when rebooting I get the BSOD. The computer then reboots and I can use Windows without any issues, ofcourse it is annoying since I cannot use sleep mode anymore. These...
  9. Delay in Ethernet Connectivity when exiting Sleep Mode.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delay in Ethernet Connectivity when exiting Sleep Mode.: Why yes, this is yet another one of those threads. I recently migrated from a Windows 7 machine (Requiescat In Pace) to a Dell XPS 8910 Windows 10 Machine. I've used an Ethernet cable from both machines directly to my router to get internet access, and it runs like a...
  10. New Desktop Build - Windows Crashes Upon Exiting Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    New Desktop Build - Windows Crashes Upon Exiting Sleep Mode: So I just finished this build Friday and everything seems to be working great while running. My only issue is that I can't get it to wake from sleep mode correctly. Pressing a key on the keyboard/mouse seems to initiate wake but the screen never comes on (backlight on the...