Windows 10: Error using Windows Update while connected to a WIFI

Discus and support Error using Windows Update while connected to a WIFI in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi to All, When i try to update my operating system using windows updated while connected to a wifi, it always give me an error below. Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lonewolfdave, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Error using Windows Update while connected to a WIFI

Hi to All,

When i try to update my operating system using windows updated while connected to a wifi, it always give me an error below.

Error Encountered

There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80240439)

when i try to connect my device on Lan it won't have this specific issue and it will update properly.

"My question is that why couldn't i update my OS thru windows update if connected to a WIFI, while if connected to a LAN connection i could. "

Thank you for your kind answers....
    Error using Windows Update while connected to a WIFI [​IMG]

:)

lonewolfdave, Feb 17, 2020
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Feb 17, 2020
  3. XNam360 Win User
    Can't connect to wifi after Windows Update

I have now tried all of the suggested steps at least twice.

The only instance of seemingly achieving any progress was the first time I performed a clean boot, when the wifi connection actually worked. But after that, I tried following the steps to isolate the problem and then after restarting the computer, all of
    my wireless features have disappeared again. I have tried repeating the entire sequence of steps again, but the wifi hasn't worked again. It just worked that one time, but I don't know why it was different that time.

I have been trying to fix this for over 11 hours, but haven't been able to connect back to wifi.

I would like to know if rolling back the Windows Update is an option and, if so, how to do that and how to prevent Windows from updating again.

XNam360, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Error using Windows Update while connected to a WIFI

WiFi no longer connects after updating Windows

Hi,

I thought that may have been the case the first time it occurred so I re-installed Windows but the fault persisted, same as before, after updating Windows.

I do not get any error messages other than 'there are no WiFi networks available' after they all disappear.

Trouble Shooting Steps:

• Reboot Device
    • Update Drivers
    • Roll Back Drivers
    • Enable and Disable device
    • Change device power options such that Windows cannot turn the device off
    • As mentioned I did a 2nd clean install of Windows
    • Restart PC, connect to WiFi at the lock screen (connections drop and networks disappear upon logging in)

Thanks for your response.

Wolf_LikeMe, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Error using Windows Update while connected to a WIFI

1. Error using Windows Update while connected to a WIFI - Similar Threads - Error using Update

2. wifi keeps disconnecting while using the wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi keeps disconnecting while using the wifi: I bought the Redmibook 15 laptop wifi keeps disconnecting while using the wifi In my device powermanagement mode is not present https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-while-using-the-wifi/0b0b0b43-80e0-40b6-9094-fb937d70a6d5
  3. WIFI interrupts while in use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI interrupts while in use: I have my updated my WIFI from my manufacturer and I still keep getting interrupted in my WIFI connection. I have HP laptop and my other device does not have issue at all. This connection is strong and I dont have this issue before. The PC is updated to latest version as well...
  4. WIFI interrupts while in use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI interrupts while in use: I have my updated my WIFI from my manufacturer and I still keep getting interrupted in my WIFI connection. I have HP laptop and my other device does not have issue at all. This connection is strong and I dont have this issue before. The PC is updated to latest version as well...
  5. WIFI interrupts while in use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Network Errors While Connected to WiFi SUDDEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Errors While Connected to WiFi SUDDEN: I have had my laptop for about 2 years now and have had zero issues and it would connect to websites and services as it usually would. The next day, I noticed that I began receiving a lot of ERR_CONNECTION_RESET, SSL, and DNS_PROBE errors on all of my browsers on multiple...
  7. Network Errors While Connected to WiFi SUDDEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Errors While Connected to WiFi SUDDEN: I have had my laptop for about 2 years now and have had zero issues and it would connect to websites and services as it usually would. The next day, I noticed that I began receiving a lot of ERR_CONNECTION_RESET, SSL, and DNS_PROBE errors on all of my browsers on multiple...
  8. Network Errors While Connected to WiFi SUDDEN

9. Error using Windows Update while connected to a WIFI

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error using Windows Update while connected to a WIFI: Hi to All, When i try to update my operating system using windows updated while connected to a wifi, it always give me an error below. Error Encountered There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the...
  10. WIFI connection keeps disconnecting while using

WIFI connection keeps disconnecting while using: Hello, Windows 10 (64 bit, build 1903 and build 1809 before that) occasionally drops my router's WiFi. This is on a Thinkpad X1. I can recover in a couple of ways: Run the network troubleshooter which resets the adapter and thereby brings back the network. Manually...