Windows 10: Error: We couldn't set your default save location.

Discus and support Error: We couldn't set your default save location. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; "The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. Error code is 0x80070005 in case you need it." So, installed xbox gamepass on my PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tigerbait92, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Error: We couldn't set your default save location.

"The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. Error code is 0x80070005 in case you need it."

So, installed xbox gamepass on my PC, and I have 2 drives. C is my SSD, where I have Windows 10 installed, and D is my storage drive, where I keep basically everything (games, videos, pics, etc).

I try to install a game to my D drive, but it gives me the message that it isn't set up to install games yet (what?). I follow the process to change where new content is saved, and try to set my "new apps wil save to:" on D. I do that, and I receive this error message.

I have no earthly idea what is causing it. I've tried updating my PC, but that didn't help. I saw something about the WindowsApps folder in my D being a culprit... but I can't access it. I've got the permissions, I AM the administrator on my PC, and yet I can't even open the dang thing. But there's a hefty amount of files in there, tried deleting it (wasnt allowed because of not having 'Trustedinstaller'?) and I can't even access it.

Reddit, help me out please, I am absolutely stumped.

submitted by /u/tigerbait92
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tigerbait92, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Berton Win User
    Berton, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delayed response.

From your recent description, it seems like the issue is confined to Word documents. If true, then follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Launch Word application.
    • Go to File Menu and select Options.
    • In the pop-up dialog box, towards the left pane, select Save.
    • Under Default location file, browse the location you want to save.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Error: We couldn't set your default save location.

"We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

Error: We couldn't set your default save location. [​IMG]

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

Error: We couldn't set your default save location. [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Error: We couldn't set your default save location.

1. Error: We couldn't set your default save location. - Similar Threads - Error couldn't set

2. We couldn't set your default save location - Error 0x80070005

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    We couldn't set your default save location - Error 0x80070005: I recently had to reset my main C: drive due to some issue preventing me from installing WSL. After doing so things are mostly working fine, however I'm unable to install any Xbox/Windows Store apps to any drive other than C: or to change the default destination in the system...
  3. We couldn't set your default save location error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Customization
    We couldn't set your default save location error 0x80070005: For the past few hours now I've been trying to install a game from the gamepass, and I'd like to keep all games off my windows install drive, but when I try to change my default install drive I'm met with an error code 0x80070005 I have full permissions to the folder and...
  4. "We couldn't set your default save location..."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "We couldn't set your default save location...": I was having problems with my computer and reinstalled windows. I then noticed I could no longer use the drive that had my Gamepass games on. "This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted." Alright, guess I have to...
  5. We couldn't set your default save location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't set your default save location.: So I wanted to download Forza Horizon 4 Deluxe edition on a windows 10. But the game is more than 70 GB and I don't have space on my Drive C. When I tried to change the download location to Drive D I got this error:[ATTACH] What should I do? A little help would be really...
  6. We couldn't set your default save location.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We couldn't set your default save location.: [ATTACH] I'm able to set a new install location up for every other drive on my computer, except for this one, (E:). I've already used the security tab to give myself full control of both this drive, the WindowsApps folder and the packages folder. Why does the Xbox app...
  7. we couldn't set your default save location 0x800040004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    we couldn't set your default save location 0x800040004: so i am trying to switch my app saving location xbox game pass asked me to do it if i want to download games . even that i have the games on the hard drive i am trying to switch too. its anexternal hard drive and when i try to do that it tell me this "we couldn't set your...
  8. "We couldn't set your default save location."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "We couldn't set your default save location.": Hello, I have recently just installed Windows 10 Pro and the first thing I did was to install all the updates. Then, when I tried to install something on Microsoft store, it doesn't let me install it on my other drive D:. I realized it might help to solve it just by changing...
  9. We couldn't set your default save location

in Windows 10 Support
    We couldn't set your default save location: I have a ssd (C)drive with my os & a hdd (D)drive for storage. In settings-system-storage-change where new content is saved I was able to change everything I wanted to my (D)drive with the exception of new photos & videos I keep getting an error code 0x80070005 saying this...
  10. We couldn't set your default save location

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    We couldn't set your default save location: I have a ssd (C)drive with my os & a hdd (D)drive for storage. In settings-system-storage-change where new content is saved I was able to change everything I wanted to my (D)drive with the exception of new photos & videos I keep getting an error code 0x80070005 saying this...