Windows 10: Error when adding GMail account to system

Discus and support Error when adding GMail account to system in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just got a brand new Surface Pro 6. It's clean out of box. I completed setup and let the system update itself. When I am trying to add two different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TrevorLBrooks, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Error when adding GMail account to system

Just got a brand new Surface Pro 6. It's clean out of box. I completed setup and let the system update itself. When I am trying to add two different accounts that are GMail accounts to Mail, Calendar and People I keep getting the following useless message.

Something Went Wrong, We weren't able to do that.

I had both of these accounts on my Surface 3 which I replaced and both on my desktop using Mail, Calendar, People without issue.

Please help!

:)

TrevorLBrooks, Jan 29, 2019
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Bastet Win User
    Mail Error Code:0x80072745 (trying to sync a gmail account)

Do you have two step authentication on your gmail account? If so then the email account may require an app specific password.

Bastet, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Error when adding GMail account to system

Gmail leaves your account open to spammers

A new flaw has been exposed in Google’s Gmail service which could allow hackers to get hold of your contacts. When you log into your Gmail (Googlemail in some countries) account, Google will put your details into a JavaScript file. Because of this, if you browse other websites whilst logged into your account, any of them could potentially declare the function “google” and be able to get hold of all of your contacts. The only two ways to ensure your privacy is safe are to disable JavaScript in all websites except those you trust or to not browse other sites whilst logged into any Google service. Admittedly Gmail is still only a beta, but a fault like this could be quite serious.

Update: Disabling JavaScript did not solve this problem, however it appears that Google has now fixed this issue and your contacts list should be safe.

Source: Engadget

Jimmy 2004, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Error when adding GMail account to system

1. Error when adding GMail account to system - Similar Threads - Error adding GMail

2. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  3. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  4. New PC added gmail account and it works fine added charter.net account and it can only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC added gmail account and it works fine added charter.net account and it can only...: Split from this thread. Hello Customer care3,Welcome to Microsoft Community.Let me help you to solve the problem of not receiving emails.Before I offer any solution, please let me know the following information:What type of mailbox are you using? outlook mailbox or something...
  5. New PC added gmail account and it works fine added charter.net account and it can only...

New PC added gmail account and it works fine added charter.net account and it can only...: Split from this thread. Hello Customer care3,Welcome to Microsoft Community.Let me help you to solve the problem of not receiving emails.Before I offer any solution, please let me know the following information:What type of mailbox are you using? outlook mailbox or something...
  6. Error code: 0x80070490 when trying to install gmail account

Error code: 0x80070490 when trying to install gmail account: Error code: 0x80070490 I have tried several times to add my gmail account to Mail and Calendar on Windows 10. I keep getting this error code. And the Mail app will not add the account. I have already tried resetting the app. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app to...
  7. Adding a Google account without Gmail won't sync

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding a Google account without Gmail won't sync: I have two google accs with two different contacts. I want to use them both in the People app. However when I try to add the second google account, after entering the google acc details it just won't sync. The problem actually seems to be with the fact that the google account...
  8. Adding my Gmail to my Windows accounts?

Adding my Gmail to my Windows accounts?: I have been trying to add my Gmail account to my windows and am unable to? I keep getting an error message. I had to do a recovery/reset on my PC - I was able to add it before, along with my MSN and Comcast emails.[ATTACH]...
  9. Issue on adding a new Gmail account to windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue on adding a new Gmail account to windows.: WinVer 17134.1184 Hi, I am facing an issue when adding my Google Gmail account in the Mail app. It shows an error as: [ATTACH] It's been occurring for three days and I can't find a solution to that so please help me to solve it. Thanks, Regards, Jyotirmay Kumar...
  10. Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail

Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail: Hi, After updating to Win Pro 10 64 v.1809 build 17763.316 (from v. 1803), I could not sync with my gmail accounts anymore. I deleted them. I am now unable to add them back. I tried multiple solutions - including the one given in august 2018 on this forum - but I am still...
Tags: