Windows 10: Error when applying new screensaver

Discus and support Error when applying new screensaver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I recently tried adding a new screensaver on my windows 10 laptop. The screensaver was the BSOD screensaver I found on docs.microsoft.com. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aabhas Saini, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Error when applying new screensaver

Hello. I recently tried adding a new screensaver on my windows 10 laptop. The screensaver was the BSOD screensaver I found on docs.microsoft.com. I thought it would be nice. But when I unzipped it and executed the .scr file,it showed an error saying, SetDisplayMode FAILED: 80004001. Why did this error come, and what does it mean? If anyoneANYONE can assist me in applying this screensaver, you are welcome. BTW I know the screensaver is from 2006 but it might have worked, I think. The link to it: BlueScreen - Windows Sysinternals Microsoft Docs

:)

Aabhas Saini, Dec 23, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Error when applying new screensaver :)

terrace, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Error when applying new screensaver

Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

The images will be repositioned in the Windows Screensaver based on the aspect ratios. Also, if the pictures are taken as portrait and not Landscape they will never fill the entire screen of the screensaver and the result would be a visible display offset.

We suggest that you check the desktop resolution to correct this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click in an open area on your desktop, select Display Setings.
    • Under Display, click on
      Advanced display settings.
    • Try to change the resolution and click on
      Apply
      and on Keep changes.

We also suggest that you check if this issue also occurs using a different user account.

Kindly get back to us so we can assist you further.

Xylee Del, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Error when applying new screensaver

1. Error when applying new screensaver - Similar Threads - Error applying screensaver

2. Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...: When I try and apply a screensaver it says "this screensaver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that is compatible with Direct3DI prefer to use the time for my screensaver, and have it bounce back and forth, that is not an option on this Dell Snapdragon...
  3. Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...: When I try and apply a screensaver it says "this screensaver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that is compatible with Direct3DI prefer to use the time for my screensaver, and have it bounce back and forth, that is not an option on this Dell Snapdragon...
  4. New monitor, new problems screensaver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New monitor, new problems screensaver: Hello, recently made the jump to an ASUS OLED monitor and it confirmed what I knew since looking at my parents CRT display for the last time as a kid...I hate LCD's for anything bigger than a medium tablet. SOO hooked on OLED. Anyways, I had a Dell LCD that I was replacing...
  5. New monitor, new problems screensaver

New monitor, new problems screensaver: Hello, recently made the jump to an ASUS OLED monitor and it confirmed what I knew since looking at my parents CRT display for the last time as a kid...I hate LCD's for anything bigger than a medium tablet. SOO hooked on OLED. Anyways, I had a Dell LCD that I was replacing...
  6. How to apply a custom screensaver in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to apply a custom screensaver in Windows 10?: I recently got hold of the Bliss Screensaver from Windows XP (through this video) and was wondering how to apply it to my Windows 10 PC? When I extracted the file I found a .avi , .exe and .scr file and from this tutorial, I got to know you have to put the .scr file in...
  7. Rundll32 error when attempting to change screensaver!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rundll32 error when attempting to change screensaver!: Clean install of windows : I went to change my screen saver but I just get a rundll32 error. My first rundll32 error to be exact! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rundll32-error-when-attempting-to-change/9cc646c7-cb97-4df9-a255-6734f23dfc3c
  8. Screensaver slideshow error

Screensaver slideshow error: I am running Windows 10 and have the slideshow screensaver that comes with Windows 10 set up to be my screensaver. The problem is that often times it does not run. The screen will turn black and in small white letters it will state something like, "Unable to run slideshow...
  9. Looking for new screensaver

Looking for new screensaver: Does anyone know of a fantastic (true life) aquarium screensaver? Free, if not something not too expensive. 113761
  10. Looking for new screensaver

Looking for new screensaver: Does anyone know of a fantastic (true life) aquarium screensaver? Free, if not something not too expensive. 113761