Windows 10: Error when booting after secondary drive wipe

Discus and support Error when booting after secondary drive wipe in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently bought an SSD and installed windows on it. my old windows was still installed on my old hard drive. after finishing up installations and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IMPLOSIONS, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Error when booting after secondary drive wipe

I recently bought an SSD and installed windows on it.

my old windows was still installed on my old hard drive.

after finishing up installations and such I formatted the drive via gparted, but now I get the error 0xc0000225 unable to find the file windows\system32\winload.exe,

while I installed windows on my SSD.

Also the recovery mode on the install disc I used to install on my SSD isn't able to fix the problem.

And it would be horrible to have to reset all files that are already installed on the SSD.

:)

IMPLOSIONS, Oct 5, 2018

2. Wiped Hard Drive Can't Boot Vista

I did try every possible boot order and even with deactivated options, which I don't even know how or if that is helpful. I will try the Vista possibilities. The OS was listed in the BIOS, whatever that means, and it said it was a factory version, which I think is a good thing.

The PXE error messages may have occurred when I activated the network adapter and tried that in the boot order. Obviously, I am in way over my head. Thanks for the suggestions!

Techtardette, Oct 5, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Arily Win User

Error when booting after secondary drive wipe

System restore and secondary drives

So my setup. I have 2 drives in my computer an SSD and HDD. The SSD came shipped with my computer and I installed the HDD as a secondary drive. I've been using it as storage for all my pictures music etc. I've also installed a couple programs on there. My question is if I do a system restore can I do it without wiping out the secondary drive? How would I go about doing it? Step by step. What would happen to the program's installed on there after the restore?

Thank you.

Arily, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Error when booting after secondary drive wipe

1. Error when booting after secondary drive wipe - Similar Threads - Error booting secondary

2. PC hard drive wiped and cant boot after sudden shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC hard drive wiped and cant boot after sudden shutdown: Hello so i was making a game on roblox studio until i heard sparks from my pc plug and it shutdown when i put the plug in again it went past BIOS and fine until i saw a message that made my heart drop "Operating System Not Found" Now Why did this happen i have a 32gb usbdrive...
  3. Windows 10 won’t boot after installing secondary hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won’t boot after installing secondary hard drive: Hi,After installing a new M2 drive into my PC, installing Windows etc, it all worked great. I then wanted to install my old M2 also, for the extra space. As I did so, the PC booted from the old drive, and the old became C:/ and new D:/. I have since been unable to boot from...
  4. Bitlocker encrypting secondary hard drive after switching boot SSD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker encrypting secondary hard drive after switching boot SSD.: I swapped out to a larger boot drive as Windows filled most the 100 GB up and I copied my OS and data on the C: drive using Marcium Reflect. After the swap, every time I boot my D: drive is locked behind bitlocker and I need to enter my key. A little annoying in itself , but...
  5. Secondary hdd boot error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secondary hdd boot error: I have installed Windows on my ssd in my laptop.. I took off the cd-dvd case and put an hdd.. now when I turn on there's an error (0xc000000f).. I entered the bios and the boot order is ok.. however if I press esc several times I get the option to choose a boot drive.. so I...
  6. How to wipe old hard drive for secondary use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to wipe old hard drive for secondary use: I built a new computer recently, and would like additional storage on it, so I want to use the old hard drive from my former build as a secondary drive. I already know it's compatible and how to install it. My question is: How can I wipe it completely so it's starting from...
  7. Boot error w/ replacing 500GB internal secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot error w/ replacing 500GB internal secondary drive?: Hi all This is so confusing to me, and after three hours of finagling, I've decided to ask for help! I have a Dell Studio 1737 laptop. Inside are two hard drive bays. Drive C --- contains my OS (Windows 10) and program files. --- 500 GB Drive E --- contains my...
  8. PC wont boot when I remove secondary hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC wont boot when I remove secondary hard drive: Hi guys, I'm trying to remove an old secondary drive which is making an annoying noise but when I do my pc wont boot. It just has a black screen and nothing happens. I think the problem might have come from when I installed ages ago and kept both drives in. How can I change...
  9. Boot drive wiping problem.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot drive wiping problem.: Hey guys. Today I used the Windows 10 tool thing to use my 128GB USB stick as a boot drive for a clean install. All done with that now. Now I've formatted the USB stick and it says the USB stick has 31.9GB of space, and is called ESD-USB. How do I fix this? Thanks....
  10. Allowing Computer to boot without secondary drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Allowing Computer to boot without secondary drive: All right, so I have an SSD and an HDD. Windows is installed to the SSD, but apparently Windows likes to create a boot partition on every drive that's connected when you install, which led to me not being able to boot without the secondary drive. This is usually not a problem...