Windows 10: Error when copying files to HDD's or deleting files.

Discus and support Error when copying files to HDD's or deleting files. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought two drives (a 1TB Seagate and a 2 TB WD) off Facebook Marketplace. I know it's a risk to buy used HDD, particularly on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aloupha, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Aloupha Win User

Error when copying files to HDD's or deleting files.

I recently bought two drives (a 1TB Seagate and a 2 TB WD) off Facebook Marketplace. I know it's a risk to buy used HDD, particularly on Facebook/Craiglist/etc..., but considering the cost I thought it was an acceptable risk. I am having some strange issues with these two drives, and I am not entirely convinced the problem is with the drives.
    I installed those drives using a PCI card with SATA ports since I did not enough SATA ports on my motherboard. It is worth noting that I have another drive connected to a different SATA port on that same PCI card and have no issues.
    When I just boot my system, the drives function without any problem at all. However, sometime later (I cannot determine how long), I am faced with these kinds of problems:
    1) When I try to copy files into any of the two drives, I get an error stating "This is no longer located in [location]. Verify the item's location and try again." Note that if I reboot my system, I can copy the same file to any of the two drives without any problem.
    2) I can create folders into the drive, but I cannot delete those folders. I get an error I noted above.
    I executed scannow on both drives and corrupted files were found in one and were fixed. The other one found no issues. The problem persists.

Have any of you encountered this problem or know what the issue may be? Thanks

:)

Aloupha, Sep 26, 2018
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Pinchy Win User
    Cant copy files off HDD?

Okay the hard drive had like an epiphany and decided to start copying *some* files. So we have got most of the files we actually need, but some of them that we want wont copy. The error that comes up for these certain files is either an I/O error (hard drive?) or a "this file is corrupt".

Now if I can't get these files, not all is lost (although it will be very helpful), but I would like to know if this hard drive is stuffed or not. Reason of course is, after we format it we don't want to put files on a stuffed up HDD.

Pinchy, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Error when copying files to HDD's or deleting files. - Similar Threads - Error copying files

2. Error 0x80004005 when copying files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80004005 when copying files: I am using the new AE 2023 full crack and it sucessfully installed, but the problem was when I extract the file, it sent the the following error:If I skip then it will lost all the setup data.If I try again then it just continue to show this error.I tried to use the solution...
  3. Error 0x80004005 when copying files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x80004005 when copying files: I am using the new AE 2023 full crack and it sucessfully installed, but the problem was when I extract the file, it sent the the following error:If I skip then it will lost all the setup data.If I try again then it just continue to show this error.I tried to use the solution...
  4. Error 0x8007003A when copying files from a network HDD to my desktop

Error 0x8007003A when copying files from a network HDD to my desktop: I get the above error copying from a network HDD connected via usb to my router. This only began happening when I got a Windows 11 laptop and only happens on that device. I also have two Windows 10 devices and an Android phone which work fine. I even recently changed my ISP...
  5. Error 0x8007003A when copying files from a network HDD to my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x8007003A when copying files from a network HDD to my desktop: I get the above error copying from a network HDD connected via usb to my router. This only began happening when I got a Windows 11 laptop and only happens on that device. I also have two Windows 10 devices and an Android phone which work fine. I even recently changed my ISP...
  6. errors when copying/cutting files

errors when copying/cutting files: Hello Experts - I have Win10 Home 64b, 21H1 -19043.1466 - Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 on a Acer E5-575 Laptop. When I try to back up large blocks of data using copy, I sometimes get errors during the transfer process. But I need a way to go back & try to fix the...
  7. errors when copying/cutting files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    errors when copying/cutting files: Hello Experts - I have Win10 Home 64b, 21H1 -19043.1466 - Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 on a Acer E5-575 Laptop. When I try to back up large blocks of data using copy, I sometimes get errors during the transfer process. But I need a way to go back & try to fix the...
  8. errors when copying/cutting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. BSOD when copying files from external HDD to external HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when copying files from external HDD to external HDD: Long story short, I've purchased a 5TB WD Mypassport USB C HDD to replace my 4tb wd my passport and I'm usding syncback to copy over about 2.8TB of backups and what not Twice now I've had it crash while running. I've come back to it and found it has restarted. found the...
  10. Files Deleted when copied to Network Share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Deleted when copied to Network Share: Hello I have two NAS drives A & B. When I copy a large file (+500MB ish) from my Windows 10 laptop to a share on NAS A everything is fine. When I copy the same file from the same Laptop to a share on NAS B the files is deleted. Both NAS drives run the same OS (Linux) and are...