Windows 10: error when creating a ISO flash drive

Discus and support error when creating a ISO flash drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to do a repair install and when I downloaded the ISO from MS it gave me the message that it could not run the ISO on this computer and gave... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Salty dog, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Salty dog Win User

error when creating a ISO flash drive

I am trying to do a repair install and when I downloaded the ISO from MS it gave me the message that it could not run the ISO on this computer and gave me an error code 0x80042405-0xA001A, I have no Idea what to do, Can someone help?

:)

Salty dog, Sep 11, 2018
  2. trt740 Win User

how do I create a Iso image to flash

okay never mind f this time to buy a floppy drive . I found a web site explaining how to create a ISO total pain in the ass as is making a bootable flash drive.

trt740, Sep 11, 2018
  3. DColb Win User
    How to create a bootable ISO on a flash drive?

I received the error code 0xc000014c and have been trying to create a bootable flash drive, but have so far not had any luck. Some background info: I am using a mac, as my broken PC is the only Windows PC in the house. I have the Windows 10 ISO downloaded
    onto my flash drive, but it cannot boot without another program. How can I make that flash drive a bootable device, if I'm on a Mac, and my Windows PC won't boot?

DColb, Sep 11, 2018
  4. error when creating a ISO flash drive

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

error when creating a ISO flash drive

1. error when creating a ISO flash drive - Similar Threads - error creating ISO

2. Error Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Flash Drive: Hi! I currently have a problem on my flash drive. I tried to extend my flash drive to a windows local drive. Then I stupidly clicked Shrink drive on a 2 Terabyte flash drive. It shows an error and half the storage of my drive is gone! It doesn't even display the storage that...
  3. Creating a bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a bootable flash drive: Hello beautiful people I'm creating a bootable thumb drive because I have 2 new computers and one is having issues. So going by the answers in these forums I have been unsuccessful fixing the issues and the next on the list from here was to do this . My question is How long...
  4. Creating a bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a bootable flash drive: Hello beautiful people I'm creating a bootable thumb drive because I have 2 new computers and one is having issues. So going by the answers in these forums I have been unsuccessful fixing the issues and the next on the list from here was to do this . My question is How long...
  5. Creating a bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How To Create a C-Drive 8TB Using Windows ISO Flash Drive?

How To Create a C-Drive 8TB Using Windows ISO Flash Drive?: How to format an 8TB internal HD as a C Drive using windows 10 iso file? When I try this Diskpart would not allow me to create a C Drive since I am booting the flash driveISO and the BIOS is seeing it as the C drive....
  7. Creating a Recovery on Flash Drive

Creating a Recovery on Flash Drive: I've followed the blog about issues creating a recovery drive in Win10. I've had a flash drive plugged in for two days trying to create a recovery drive. The progress indicator green is half way through. What's the deal??? Can't you make a better product! Please advise on...
  8. Create bitlocker key on a flash drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create bitlocker key on a flash drive?: [img] I am locked out of my Surface Pro 3 which requires the bitlocker key. I do have the key but the blue screen asks for it on a USB flash drive. It says to hit Esc or the Windows key for more options but nothing responds if I do that. I don't have it on a flash drive...
  9. Create bitlocker key on a flash drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Create bitlocker key on a flash drive?: [img] I am locked out of my Surface Pro 3 which requires the bitlocker key. I have the key but the blue screen asks for the key on a USB flash drive. It says to hit Esc or the Windows key for more options but nothing responds if I do that. I don't have it on a flash...
  10. Use MCT to create bootable Flash drive with previously downloaded ISO

Use MCT to create bootable Flash drive with previously downloaded ISO: I suggest that you ask this as a question of your own in the Microsoft Office and 365 section of TenForums so that you can get an answer from somebody who knows Office 2013. Denis Good idea, thank you.