Windows 10: Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space"

Discus and support Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to create a basic Storage Space. No parity, mirroring, or anything. Just a bunch of disks. All disks are functioning normally and have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mscommem, Nov 8, 2018.

1. mscommem Win User

Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space"

Trying to create a basic Storage Space. No parity, mirroring, or anything. Just a bunch of disks. All disks are functioning normally and have been formatted etc. When I add them to the pool and create the storage space I get the error I've screenshotted below, "Can't Delete Storage Space".

Why is it trying to delete the Storage Space in the creation process?

What can I do to create the Storage Space successfully?

Thanks for your help.

Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space" a4cad38a-04a6-412a-aa2a-360b36db2a61?upload=true.png

:)

mscommem, Nov 8, 2018
  2. ColMac Win User

Cannot access Storage Space

I've created a problem with Storage Spaces by changing the drive letter in Windows 10. This has caused a Storage Spaces error, and I can no longer see the Storage space in File Explorer.

Disk Management shows the drive as unallocated.

I now have the following situation. The 2 drives in the storage space are the ones shown as 931.5GB (or Disk 4 in the Management image). (it was originally set up as 10Tb but only 2 x 2tb physical disks initially)

Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space" [​IMG]

Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space" [​IMG]

Any suggestions as to whether I can correct this. Thanks

Colin

ColMac, Nov 8, 2018
  3. JGT
    jgt Win User
    Storages Spaces Configuration

I've found a ton of info for Windows Server and often encountered that it applies to Windows 10 as well but there are several differences and there is a lot of the technical stuff that I'm having a hard time understanding. I just found two similar articles
    that helped me:

I now have some success. I completed phase 1 of my drive testing and shut my system down. While it was down I removed the LSI card with the five drives and then booted my system. Now I can create a Storage Space on the three drives I freed up that are directly
    connected to my MB. At this time I don't know if the LSI card was the reason I could not previously create the storage space. However I think I'm on the way.

I was just watching a video about Storage Spaces and the speaker stated that if you have either software or hardware RAID on the PC then you will encounter issues with Storage Spaces. At this time I'm assuming that this is why I could not create the Storage
    Space with the LSI card installed. If I could get into the BIOS of the card (previous attempts failed and I need to contact LSI and see if they can help) and turn off the RAID function and hopefully use it just as a controller card WITHOUT the RAID then it
    should work.

I just encountered a failure. Following is my setup using three drives (1-3TB, 1-4TB, 1-6TB)

Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space" 5c4705c3-c056-4b8a-a34b-668295911503.png

Following is my failure, in the above image I had clicked the "Create storage space" button, a window pops up "Creating storage space" and quickly changes to "Formatting Storage space" for about 10-20 seconds, then changes to "Deleting Storage space" and
    then to "Can't delete the storage space". I'm tired and I'm giving up for tonight.

Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space" f92e9132-26e1-4b23-8b6c-4baa976dc5f9.png

Ops forgot to mention. I was able to create a mirror but not a three way mirror or not the Parity (this is what I want).

4. JayBurch Win User

New with Storage Space

Sorry,

But you don't understand what I'm saying. I received was an error involving low resiliency. I don't know what else to do but to backup my storage space pool and try again. How do I do that?

Sincerely,

Jay Burch

JayBurch, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space" - Similar Threads - Error Creating Storage

2. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating New Storage Spaces: Hi all,So I am trying to create a new storage space, as my internal disk space is low. I was intending on using an external drive but wasn't too sure what was needed. When I looked on the support section for this option, it said even a USB drive should work but, for some...
  3. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating New Storage Spaces: Hi all,So I am trying to create a new storage space, as my internal disk space is low. I was intending on using an external drive but wasn't too sure what was needed. When I looked on the support section for this option, it said even a USB drive should work but, for some...
  4. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage Space

Storage Space: I have 119 GB of storage space on C Drive. The Storage tab on Settings tells me I have used 67 GB of that, yet when I add everything up it only comes to 24 GB. What is hiding on that missing 43GB?...
  6. Storage space

Storage space: I've been trying to install the newest update. However, it says I need more disk space. I've looked online and on the Microsoft website and deleted everything I can. There's nothing in downloads, temporary files, pictures, videos or anything that isn't needed for it to run...
  7. storage space

storage space: hi, I have a problem when I try to install an app in says storage full clear up some space. the problem is I don't want to delete any thing. so is there's a way to increase my storage play without deleting any thing ?...
  8. Storage Spaces

Storage Spaces: I have a 4-bay enclosure of 8TB drives (32TB total) set to parity using Storage spaces. I would suspect I would be able to get about 2/3 (66%) capacity or about 21TB after allowing for parity. However it's telling me that the total capacity is only 14TB. How does that make...
  9. Storage Space

Storage Space: [ATTACH]This may seem like a silly question but can someone please tell me if something is going here that needs any action? I am getting a notification that my laptop that’s linked with my microsoft account needs my attention. When I follow through with where it leads me...
  10. create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces: Dear all, I have connected two USB storage drives, each one of them is 16 GB. I tried to create a new virtual pool but it did not work out. I thought the size is not enough and it may need extra storage spaces. I connected 64 GB then opened the storage space but I am still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant delete storage space

2. cant delete storage space when creating

3. cant create a storage space - error cant delete

4. cant delete the storage space