Windows 10: Error when deploying Defender for Servers on an AWS EC2 Instance running Linux

Discus and support Error when deploying Defender for Servers on an AWS EC2 Instance running Linux in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; HI, Is anyone familiar with the way to resolve this when running Defender for Servers - deployed on an AWS EC2 Instance with Linux OS. We are... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PeMe21, Apr 15, 2021.

1. PeMe21 Win User

Error when deploying Defender for Servers on an AWS EC2 Instance running Linux

HI,

Is anyone familiar with the way to resolve this when running Defender for Servers - deployed on an AWS EC2 Instance with Linux OS.

We are getting the following error:

Microsoft Root Certificate Authority 2011 certificate is not a trusted root certificate authority when using Linux / Squid proxy: NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

And then this message: "This server could not prove that it is winatp-gw-cus.microsoft.com; its security certificate is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection."

The feedback is that the Linux certification is not trusted.

What is the recommendation for overcoming this? Should we force the certificate to show trust?

:)

PeMe21, Apr 15, 2021
  2. JasonCox8 Win User

Windows Server 2012 stuck in reboot loop “Configuring Updates: Stage 2 of 4"

I have run into the exact issue on some of our 2012 servers.

I am running our windows servers on AWS EC2 instances and I am unable to access the console and boot into safe mode.

Any ideas?

JasonCox8, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Sabarish Win User
    Hololens Emulator - AWS instance - DEP0001 SmartDeviceException - BOOT_E_CONFIGURATION_ERROR

I am troubleshooting a HL emulator setup on i3 bare metal AWS instance running Win server 2016 with HyperV (15G Ram and 60G disk space) that shows the error DEP0001 SmartDeviceException - BOOT_E_CONFIGURATION_ERROR. I see this error while deploying my app into the emulator from VS 2017. The emulator boots up and shows running when I start from Hyper-V but couldn't connect to it either.

There are no error logs from Server manager neither in Event Viewer.
    Can someone help troubleshoot ?

Sabarish, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Error when deploying Defender for Servers on an AWS EC2 Instance running Linux

How to change the screen refresh rate on a Windows Server 2016 AWS EC2 instance with a Nvidia GPU

I have an Amazon Web Services EC2 instance (type g2.2xlarge with
    Nvidia GRID K520 GPU) with Windows Server 2016, and
    I need to change the screen refresh rate from 32Hz to 60Hz to be able to play computer games. The DxDiag file shows Current Mode: 2560 x 1600 (32 bit) (32Hz), which prevents the game from launching; it requires at least 60Hz according to the
    game developer. I am connecting to the instance from a MacBook Pro 13" with Retina display using
    Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 which allows me to change the resolution and color depth, but not the refresh rate. When trying to access the settings from the Control Panel, it shows a message "The display settings
    can't be changed from a remote session.
    " The GPU drivers have been installed, and I disabled the standard Windows driver, but I am not able to access the Nvidia Control Panel.

Attaching MSInfo and DxDiag files:

https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/mmotherdocuments/dxdiag.txt

https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/mmotherdocuments/MSInfo.txt

MartinMaco, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Error when deploying Defender for Servers on an AWS EC2 Instance running Linux

1. Error when deploying Defender for Servers on an AWS EC2 Instance running Linux - Similar Threads - Error deploying Defender

2. Windows Server 2022MDTUpdate Deployment Share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2022MDTUpdate Deployment Share: Windows10MDTMDTUpdate Deployment Share=== Making sure the deployment share has the latest x86 tools ====== Processing LiteTouchPE x86 boot image ===Building requested boot image profile.System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Unable to open the specified WIM...
  3. Mapping a network drive hosted on AWS EC2 Windows Server Instance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping a network drive hosted on AWS EC2 Windows Server Instance: Hi,I have hosted a AWS EC2 Windows Server instance which is working well with all the necessary ports enabled in the firewall for TCP and UDP for allowing RDP as well as File Sharing.I am able to connect via Remote Desktop to the server from any place I carry my Windows 11...
  4. Mapping a network drive hosted on AWS EC2 Windows Server Instance

Mapping a network drive hosted on AWS EC2 Windows Server Instance: Hi,I have hosted a AWS EC2 Windows Server instance which is working well with all the necessary ports enabled in the firewall for TCP and UDP for allowing RDP as well as File Sharing.I am able to connect via Remote Desktop to the server from any place I carry my Windows 11...
  5. Microsoft Defender is awful trash.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender is awful trash.: This "Anti Malware" is absolutely atrocious. There is no simple way to Disable the software. Any attempts to Disable the software are overruled every time you FORCE an update.This "Anti Malware" is actually using the largest portion of memory on my device. This is enough to...
  6. Disabling TLS 1.1 and 1.0 broken the RDP service in AWS instance.

Disabling TLS 1.1 and 1.0 broken the RDP service in AWS instance.: I was working with Cybersec and they are wrong, Disabling TLS 1.1 and 1.0 broken the RDP service in AWS instance.Is there any way to enable RDP?I tried remotely changing reg, enabled 1.0 and 1.1 back, My application started working but not the RDP services.Disabled NLA...
  7. Looking For Help With Windows Deployment Server

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking For Help With Windows Deployment Server: I built a new WDS server and loaded boot images from the Windows 10 iso. When I try to boot to UEFI PXE I receive a PXE-E16 error code. I can see from the logs that the request is making it to the server. Has anyone dealt with this issue before? submitted by /u/mgman11...
  8. Windows defender is awful

Windows defender is awful: I'm trying to remove a "threat" that it found, with a severe threat rating, except the only option the thing gives me is to "allow" it. Thanks windows very cool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-is-awful/d9b48575-d6e5-4ec1-8ed8-05cb63f15715
  9. Appx Deployment Server

Appx Deployment Server: Hellow, I am looking into what Appx Deployment server is capable of after it gave me an error recently. Kindly inform me what is its function and why is it necessary to have it in your PC. I will be grateful if you can reply as soon as possible. Thank you. With Regards,...
  10. another instance is running......

in Windows 10 Customization
    another instance is running......: every time i open my computer, it will pop a message——another instance is running. i don't konw what happened.i wonder how to find the error but there are no approches to search it. and i have not met any questions by now.however it is annoyed for me to see that message....