Windows 10: Error when I try to delete a OneDrive file

Discus and support Error when I try to delete a OneDrive file in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I was just setting up my new computer, but when I tried to alter a file synced to my new desktop from my OneDrive, I got this error message:Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Garfieldwxg55, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Error when I try to delete a OneDrive file

Hi, I was just setting up my new computer, but when I tried to alter a file synced to my new desktop from my OneDrive, I got this error message:Error 0x8007016A: The cloud provider is not running.Does anyone what might be causing this error, and how I might be able to fix it?Many thanks

:)

Garfieldwxg55, Feb 6, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error while deleting file/folders

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the following details to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps:

• Which files/folders are you trying to delete?
    • What is the exact error message you receive?
    • Are you trying to delete the files from OneDrive or your computer?

If you are facing issues in deleting files from OneDrive, you can refer the steps mentioned in the article

Delete files or folders in OneDrive

You can also get in touch with the OneDrive support team they will look into this for you and help you accordingly. Follow the below steps to contact the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 6, 2022
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 6, 2022
  4. Error when I try to delete a OneDrive file

Manjunath_H, Feb 6, 2022
Thema:

Error when I try to delete a OneDrive file

1. Error when I try to delete a OneDrive file - Similar Threads - Error try delete

2. Trying to Delete Files/Links - OneDrive Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to Delete Files/Links - OneDrive Issue: I have an old computer that I need to give away. It was used with OneDrive and the owner already has a new computer and using OneDrive. It seems like it is not possible to delete files & account info from a single device without obliterating your entire life-long collection...
  3. Trying to Delete Files/Links - OneDrive Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Delete Files/Links - OneDrive Issue: I have an old computer that I need to give away. It was used with OneDrive and the owner already has a new computer and using OneDrive. It seems like it is not possible to delete files & account info from a single device without obliterating your entire life-long collection...
  4. Trying to Delete Files/Links - OneDrive Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trying to delete Pictures File that I removed from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to delete Pictures File that I removed from OneDrive: I took some files out of my OneDrive to make a dedicated OneDrive folder, and I removed my Pictures File from my OneDrive. I tried unpinning the folder, using cmd to delete the directory as well. I also tried deleting the file through the file explorer with...
  6. Trying to delete Pictures File that I removed from OneDrive

Trying to delete Pictures File that I removed from OneDrive: I took some files out of my OneDrive to make a dedicated OneDrive folder, and I removed my Pictures File from my OneDrive. I tried unpinning the folder, using cmd to delete the directory as well. I also tried deleting the file through the file explorer with...
  7. Error when I try to delete a OneDrive file

Error when I try to delete a OneDrive file: Hi, I was just setting up my new computer, but when I tried to alter a file synced to my new desktop from my OneDrive, I got this error message:Error 0x8007016A: The cloud provider is not running.Does anyone what might be causing this error, and how I might be able to fix...
  8. [OneDrive] Remove files immediately when deleted

[OneDrive] Remove files immediately when deleted: Howdy!I work from home. The office adds files into "my" folder a subfolder of the wider OneDrive used by work, which is the only one I can access from home. When I finish working on the files, they're transferred out of my folder. Every time it's transferred out, it's...
  9. OneDrive - Files Deleted When Reinstalling Windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive - Files Deleted When Reinstalling Windows?: Hi all, After several months trying to cure a problem with updating Windows 10, and failing, I have decided to bite the bullet and rebuild Windows using the Media Creation Tool. For some reason the tool will not let me keep my apps and files - it says Windows may be installed...
  10. error message 0x8007017F when trying to open onedrive file

error message 0x8007017F when trying to open onedrive file: i have a video, mp4, i am trying to import into my video editing software and i keep getting the error code along with " an unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. if you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code search for help with this...