Windows 10: Error when installing Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition (Code: 0x80073CFB)

Discus and support Error when installing Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition (Code: 0x80073CFB) in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I just bought Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition and when I install it, it shows downloading, with unrealistic speeds (3Gb/s, 2Gb/s, 500Mb/s etc).... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AnasPatel, Nov 5, 2018.

1. AnasPatel Win User

Error when installing Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition (Code: 0x80073CFB)

So I just bought Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition and when I install it, it shows downloading, with unrealistic speeds (3Gb/s, 2Gb/s, 500Mb/s etc). There is no progress bar but the size of download goes on. It also only shows the size downloaded (e.g. Downloading... 1.81 GB) and not the total size of the game, which it should (e.g. Downloading... 1.81 GB of 55 GB). After few moments, an error shows up reading "Something unexpected happened" with the code 0x80073CFB. In my notifications bar, it reads "Forza Horizon 3 - Couldn't install. We'll retry shortly.". When I click the download button again (more like a "refresh" button), it shows downloading and continues with the same size it stopped at with the error, but same with no progress bar and unrealistic speeds. The same error shows up again. This keeps on happening and I'm very very frustrated. I tried downloading the demo, and it downloaded absolutely fine, with a proper progress bar whose width was increasing and I even played the demo! But this game has been a real pain to me.

I've tried terminating the store, resetting the store, doing wsreset, re-registering the app, doing Windows update, restarting my laptop, and please DON'T EVEN MENTION THE TROUBLESHOOTER (MORE LIKE TROUBLEGIVER) because it's the MOST USELESS diagnostic tool I've ever used. Never IN MY LIFE has the troubleshooter ever given me a proper solution which has worked! I've also tried giving Feedback on the error (which is pretty useless too). And please don't tell me to do reset/refresh my PC because I have other important data on my laptop and I can't afford to lose it.

I tried downloading the same game (the FULL GAME: Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition) from my account on another laptop and it perfectly worked! A proper progress bar, with proper download speed and no errors.

I need a proper reply and solution which works, within max 2 days or else I want a REFUND. And I don't want to answer more questions like "Did you try this, did you try that bla bla bla" because I'm pretty sure I've done everything you will mention me to, and I want answers not questions. When the demo is downloading perfectly, that doesn't mean something is wrong with my Store, my account or laptop. So please I need a solution within max 2 days.

My family is going through financial problems right now and yet I convinced them with so much difficulty to buy a $40 game, and this is what I get?! Did I just waste my money on you?! This is a huge heartbreak and a huge let down from you, Microsoft! I'm very disappointed and frustrated because the game I wanted to play so badly is not even installing! I can't even afford to waste a dollar and here you waste my 40 dollars. Looks like you guys have no value for money.

My laptop specs:

Error when installing Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition (Code: 0x80073CFB) 37cc2157-003d-48cc-a798-a498573189d4?upload=true.png

Attached are the screenshots of the error and it's details:

Error when installing Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition (Code: 0x80073CFB) 088fd874-85b9-4e3c-b708-ef67384e082e?upload=true.png Error when installing Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition (Code: 0x80073CFB) 281119ad-cf04-4547-afd8-b91a41ab1935?upload=true.png

Error when installing Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition (Code: 0x80073CFB) 6b75555b-d2d2-492c-8227-f5e3c393c901?upload=true.png

:)

AnasPatel, Nov 5, 2018

2. Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition Error

Hi,

The Missing Media component is one of the main reasons why you are getting the error code: 0x80600033 while downloading the game Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you follow the steps provided on the link
    below:

Error FH301 occurs when you try to launch Forza Horizon 3

If you need further assistance, feel free to post.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 7, 2018
  3. AnasPatel Win User

So I just bought Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition and when I install it, it shows downloading, with unrealistic speeds (3Gb/s, 2Gb/s, 500Mb/s etc). There is no progress bar but the size of download goes on. It also only shows the size downloaded (e.g. Downloading...
    1.81 GB) and not the total size of the game, which it should (e.g. Downloading... 1.81 GB of 55 GB). After few moments, an error shows up reading "Something unexpected happened" with the code 0x80073CFB. In my notifications bar, it reads "Forza Horizon 3 -
    Couldn't install. We'll retry shortly.". When I click the download button again (more like a "refresh" button), it shows downloading and continues with the same size it stopped at with the error, but same with no progress bar and unrealistic speeds. The same
    error shows up again. This keeps on happening and I'm very very frustrated. I tried downloading the demo, and it downloaded absolutely fine, with a proper progress bar whose width was increasing and I even played the demo! But this game has been a real pain
    to me.

I've tried terminating the store, resetting the store, doing wsreset, re-registering the app, doing Windows update, restarting my laptop, and please DON'T EVEN MENTION THE TROUBLESHOOTER (MORE LIKE TROUBLEGIVER) because it's the MOST USELESS diagnostic tool
    I've ever used. Never IN MY LIFE has the troubleshooter ever given me a proper solution which has worked! I've also tried giving Feedback on the error (which is pretty useless too). And please don't tell me to do reset/refresh my PC because I have other important
    data on my laptop and I can't afford to lose it.

I tried downloading the same game (the FULL GAME: Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition) from my account on another laptop and it perfectly worked! A proper progress bar, with proper download speed and no errors.

I need a proper reply and solution which works, within max 2 days or else I want a REFUND. And I don't want to answer more questions like "Did you try this, did you try that bla bla bla" because I'm pretty sure I've done everything you will mention me to,
    and I want answers not questions. When the demo is downloading perfectly, that doesn't mean something is wrong with my Store, my account or laptop. So please I need a solution within max 2 days.

My family is going through financial problems right now and yet I convinced them with so much difficulty to buy a $40 game, and this is what I get?! Did I just waste my money on you?! This is a huge heartbreak and a huge let down from you, Microsoft! I'm
    very disappointed and frustrated because the game I wanted to play so badly is not even installing! I can't even afford to waste a dollar and here you waste my 40 dollars. Looks like you guys have no value for money.

My laptop specs:

Error when installing Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition (Code: 0x80073CFB) 37cc2157-003d-48cc-a798-a498573189d4?upload=true.png

Attached are the screenshots of the error and it's details:

Error when installing Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition (Code: 0x80073CFB) 088fd874-85b9-4e3c-b708-ef67384e082e?upload=true.png

Error when installing Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition (Code: 0x80073CFB) 281119ad-cf04-4547-afd8-b91a41ab1935?upload=true.png

Error when installing Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition (Code: 0x80073CFB) 6b75555b-d2d2-492c-8227-f5e3c393c901?upload=true.png

AnasPatel, Nov 7, 2018
  4. 0peterr Win User

Forza Horizon 3 0x80070005 Error

Hi,

Error 80070005 occurs when opening content downloaded, This may mean that we're having trouble accessing the content you requested, or that there's a sign-in issue.

What edition of Forza Horizon 3 do you have? (standard , deluxe , ultimate)

0peterr, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Error when installing Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition (Code: 0x80073CFB) - Similar Threads - Error installing Forza

2. Forza Horizon 3 Not Showing Ultimate Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 3 Not Showing Ultimate Edition: I recently redeemed a code for Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition, but it says I don't have the game. It says I have the game plus everything else, but there's no way to download everything in one go. Is there a way to make it work?...
  3. Forza Horizon 3 Not Showing Ultimate Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forza Horizon 3 Not Showing Ultimate Edition: I recently redeemed a code for Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition, but it says I don't have the game. It says I have the game plus everything else, but there's no way to download everything in one go. Is there a way to make it work?...
  4. Forza Horizon 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forza Horizon 3: Hello, I recently purchased a new laptop and would like to install my already purchased Forza Horizon 3 with hot wheels and blizzard packs on my new PC. I cannot seem to find it the Xbox store and doesn't show up in my library. Can you help? Thanks,Jon...
  5. Forza horizon 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza horizon 3: Ok so i used to love forza horizon 3, i got it mith my xbox one s and played it all the time especially the hotwheels map and i just learned that you cant get it anymore and i was hoping there is a way to install it if i previously owned it?...
  6. erreor on forza horizon 4 standard edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    erreor on forza horizon 4 standard edition: hello i am jessy and i would like to play forza horizon 4 on my pc but i have it now but there is a media tool componets required. but what is that? do i have to buy windows AGIAN? and if I need to buy windows agian WHY IS IT SO expensive ! microsoft please lower your...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 0x80073CFB Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 0x80073CFB Error: Hello,I reedemed my forza horizon 4 digital key,but i cant install it,after like 30mbs its says error..... Guys please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-horizon-4-0x80073cfb-error/15b4d14d-871e-4793-a60c-155de780f622
  8. Forza Horizon 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 3: Hi. I cannot download fh 3 from microsoft store, when i want to click on install, there is a block icon instead of cursor, and when i click on it in owned apps, nothing happened, it is just white bar and it is not downloading. Ples help. Thanks, Vojta...
  9. Error Code 0x80073CFB "Something Unexpected Has Happened" - Forza Horizon 4

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error Code 0x80073CFB "Something Unexpected Has Happened" - Forza Horizon 4: I have a subscription to the Games Pass on PC. All other games seem to install fine but when I try to install Forza Horizon 4 I cannot get past this error. I have tried everything possible to fix this to no avail. While looking for ways to fix this I am able to find plenty of...
  10. Forza Horizon 3 standard edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 3 standard edition: Wie kann ich das spiel runterladen Habe versucht aber kriege nach - auf meinem Gerät installieren - nur ein weisses Windows-Fenster !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-horizon-3-standard-edition/37f45add-b019-45dd-bda0-eb36091157ee
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forza horizon 3 download error

2. forza horizon 3 installation error