Windows 10: error when installing printer/fax via windows update

Discus and support error when installing printer/fax via windows update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is the error code i get when trying to install my hp fax driver via windows update: 0x80070490. Anyone know what this points to and how to resolve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Matt Siegel, Jul 31, 2015.

1. error when installing printer/fax via windows update

This is the error code i get when trying to install my hp fax driver via windows update: 0x80070490. Anyone know what this points to and how to resolve it? because right now this update wont install as i keep getting this error code.

:)

Matt Siegel, Jul 31, 2015

2. I am having trouble in the new Windows 10 in printing on my Lexmark 5200 series?

Right click Start button to open Control Panel, choose Icon view, open Programs and Features. Uninstall any Lexmark software or drivers.

Plug in via printer USB and power up to see if it installs via animation in the bottom right System Tray. Click on the animation to see if it finds and installs software via Windows Update, or you need to download and install it yourself from the Lexmark
    Support Downloads webpage for the model. The Windows supplied driver should work for only printing needs and sometimes basic scanning or faxing using built-in Windows Fax and Scan utility; the fuller Lexmark software package is needed to scan or fax from
    printer top.

For wireless printer, connect it via printer's settings to internet, type Printer in Windows 10 Start Search box, open Printers and Devices. Click Add a Printer, see if it finds the printer and allow it to install.

Let us know how these go, and if any functionality remains missing.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Error messages: "You have chosen to send a fax via the fax printer. You need to install the fax client software to monitor the progress of faxes, sent using a fax printer" Windows 10.

Thank you for your suggestions, which we have repeatedly tried

Our Laptops are HP Envy

Our modems are US Robotics V.92

We are not on a Domain Network

The error messages are note below

You have chosen to send a fax via the fax printer. You need to install the fax client software to monitor the progress of faxes, sent using a fax printer

Do you want to install the fax client software now?

YES

===

SYSOCMGR>EXE

Windows cannot find SYSOCMGR>EXE. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again

Your suggestion will be appreciated

10finchfinch46, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Superfly Win User

error when installing printer/fax via windows update

Superfly, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

error when installing printer/fax via windows update

1. error when installing printer/fax via windows update - Similar Threads - error installing printer

2. Microsoft ends printer driver installations and updates via Windows Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft ends printer driver installations and updates via Windows Update: Windows users who connect a printer to a PC may notice one of two things: the printer is detected automatically and usable right away, or it is not. It is then necessary in the latter case to go hunting for drivers for that printer to install them manually on the system....
  3. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  5. printer scanner fax

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer scanner fax: I'm new here, bare with me, if possible. I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500A. It's obviously not bran new, but I believe in good shape. I've hooked it up, and am getting blank pages coming out of it, when attempting to print. All help is appreciated....
  6. Windows 10 contacts no longer available when faxing via HP Fax

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 contacts no longer available when faxing via HP Fax: I have been faxing to .contacts, from Word, using the HP Fax installed. In order to fax from both of my computers, I moved the contacts from C:\Users\mypc\Contacts to a folder on my network drive. I then ran shell:contacts to display the default location using the location...
  7. Ricoh printer driver always fail to install via Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ricoh printer driver always fail to install via Windows Update: I got solution to this Problem : Try this out : From the Start button, go to the following to initialize the "Add Printer" settings: "Settings" > "Devices" > "Printers & scanners" > "Add printers & scanners" or select "All Apps" > "Windows System" > "Control Panel" >...
  8. error when installing printer/fax via windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    error when installing printer/fax via windows update: Just as the title says; every time I try to install the update for my hp 8610 all in one fax; it gives me the error code 0x80070490. What does this code point to and how can I resolve it? 10173
  9. Network Printer Not Showing When Installing via Command Line

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Printer Not Showing When Installing via Command Line: I am attempting to add a printer via the command line using a batch file as an admin (to eventually deploy via SCCM TS on Win10): rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /ga /n"\\my network printer" The command appears to run successfully but I am not able to find any trace...
  10. How to fax via "all-in-one" printer/scanner/fax over LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fax via "all-in-one" printer/scanner/fax over LAN: I have a Brother MFC-450DW "all-in-one" printer/scanner/fax on my LAN. Is there any way to use Windows Fax and Scan to fax Word documents through such an "all-in-one" machine? When I try it, Windows Fax and Scan gives me only two options: A fax modem (which is not...