Windows 10: Error when mounting ISO files

Discus and support Error when mounting ISO files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cowabunghole, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Error when mounting ISO files

Error when mounting ISO files 78633f5c-480f-4454-b9c6-5b19a12510d2?upload=true.png
    Hello,

I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you can imagine my bewilderment. I click on the ISO files and my computer appears to be processing it, since I get the hour glass next to my cursor. After that, my computer does nothing. When I try to rename/delete/move the ISO files I get the error attached below. This creates a nuisance and is beyond annoying. I know it's not the specific ISO file, since it worked perfectly before and the same problem is having with multiple different ISO files. Please someone help!? Thanks.

***Modified title from: ISO Files Won't Mount***

:)

Cowabunghole, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Error mounting .ISO files in Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues mounting ISO files on your Windows 10 Home computer. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried mounting the ISO files on another computer?
    • Have you tried copying the ISO file to your desktop and mount it from there?
    • Do you have a CD/DVD drive installed on your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Error mounting .ISO files in Windows 10

Hi there

I'm having problems mounting .iso files in Windows 10 Home 64-bit since I re-installed Windows on my new replacement hard drive.

Every time I tried to do this the computer hangs for a while, then the following message appears:

"Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file".

I've tried 3rd party mounting software and I also have no success in mounting .iso files - I have also tried numerous different .iso files and still it is not possible.

Any suggestions?

TheLastBowlOfSoup, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Error when mounting ISO files

Error when mounting Image with Gmount-iso

Whenever i try to mount an iso image (636.6MB) in ubuntu 9.10 with Gmount-iso, I get this error:

An error occured
    unexpected character `{', expected identifier

After this errror occures the image still mounts and i can see all the files, but i think it may have something to do with another problem i'm having with wine. I can't get any applications to work, even ones i have before.

sonnytiger, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Error when mounting ISO files

1. Error when mounting ISO files - Similar Threads - Error mounting ISO

2. ISO Files Won't Mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ISO Files Won't Mount: [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you can imagine my bewilderment. I click on the ISO files and my computer appears to be processing it, since I get the hour glass...
  3. Mount DVD ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount DVD ISO: Hey guys, I have a copy of Battle for Middle Earth and I want to be able to play it without the disc since I have no optical drive. Currently I use an external optical drive every time I want to play but it's becoming quite a hassle. I've searched for a long time trying to...
  4. Cant mount ISO files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Cant mount ISO files on Windows 10: Sorry for my bad english [img] hope you understand I recently mount a ISO file on my computer, it work, then i unmount that ISO and a some hours later i needed that ISO again, so I tried to mount and its not working. Im using daemont tools ultra and i can mount a ISO...
  5. mount an ISO at boot?

mount an ISO at boot?: Since we can boot to Command Prompt in Windows 10 is it possible to mount an ISO directly from that? Assume I didn't burn the ISO or load it to USB first. In my case System File Checker is asking for a drive letter to use as a reference file system. 46093
  6. .ISO file is not mounting in windows 10

.ISO file is not mounting in windows 10: I downloaded a game file which happened to be .ISO file and i could not mount it and because of that i can't install it in my computer. i thought it was a corrupted file i downloaded but i tried mounting another game which i had installed already but could not mount it either...
  7. ISO mount error (ignorable though)

ISO mount error (ignorable though): Hi there really strange error -- it only happens on a PC with an actual physical DVD drive. If I mount an ISO I get a mount failed type of error although the iso does mount and is 100% accessible. I can't re-produce the error on a machine that doesn't have a physical...
  8. Mounting ISO file

Mounting ISO file: I just recently updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I use ISO files regularly and need to get this fixed. I am unable to mount any iso files or even run and iso mounting software. I keep reading that all i have to do is select the file and i should be given the option either...
  9. Error found in File explorer / .iso mounting

in Windows 10 Support
    Error found in File explorer / .iso mounting: Hi there Seems I've got a hideous error here -- Mounting a DVD (bog standard - not Blu ray) as an ISO file Windows explorer shows file size as a whopping 95 GB !!!!!!!! Handbrake then won't encode to mkv / mp4 file for my media streamer. Also the mounted ISO won't...
  10. Howto mount an ISO file automatically?

in Windows 10 Support
    Howto mount an ISO file automatically?: Magic ISO was removed when I updated to Windows 10 (though I had to clean up afterwards). One thing I found very useful with MagicISO was the ability to have several ISO files that were always mounted, but it appears that I can't RMB on an ISO file and tell Windows 10 to...